Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

King_Slime

Square Enix Says Goodbye to Slime Knights

Oh, Dai's done the kanzenban thing too? Is all of Jump doing it? Viz iz supposed to release the Dragon Ball ones starting in May. Glad too, because I was holding off buying the rest of the English volumes in case they did.

Nope, that is only a bunkobon sadly. I doubt they will put out a kanzenban for Dai until at least Inada gets well enough to continue drawing Beet the Vandel Buster if not until after Beet ends if they put one out at all. Dai has sold better than Houshin Engi, which already had a kanzenban release, so I don't think popularity is an issue.

Oh, Dai's done the kanzenban thing too? Is all of Jump doing it? Viz iz supposed to release the Dragon Ball ones starting in May. Glad too, because I was holding off buying the rest of the English volumes in case they did.

Nope, that is only a bunkobon sadly. I doubt they will put out a kanzenban for Dai until at least Inada gets well enough to continue drawing Beet the Vandel Buster if not until after Beet ends if they put one out at all. Dai has sold better than Houshin Engi, which already had a kanzenban release, so I don't think popularity is an issue.

Omg If Dai sold better then Houshin Engi and Viz is willing to publish the later in english then maybe Dai coming here isn't as implasuable as I thought.

With Beet the Vandel buster on indefenit hiatus until Inada get better and with the almost certian upcoming releases of Dragon Quest 4-6 and 9 on Ds now is probally one of the best times they will ever have to start publishing it.

Preferably they'd go straight to the Bunkoban versions and Bimonthly to boot since Dai is a fairly long series and their current release pace of one volume ever 3 to 4 months for some series would NOT do it Justice and if it went to the american shonen jump first it'd be even slower and be censored for sure so that'd be even worse.

I've been reading the fan scans lately but nothing compares to having the actual books in your hands so I'm hoping like hell I'll be able to add English Dai to my bookshelf one day in the near futrue.

Omg If Dai sold better then Houshin Engi and Viz is willing to publish the later in english then maybe Dai coming here isn't as implasuable as I thought.

With Beet the Vandel buster on indefenit hiatus until Inada get better and with the almost certian upcoming releases of Dragon Quest 4-6 and 9 on Ds now is probally one of the best times they will ever have to start publishing it.

Preferably they'd go straight to the Bunkoban versions and Bimonthly to boot since Dai is a fairly long series and their current release pace of one volume ever 3 to 4 months for some series would NOT do it Justice and if it went to the american shonen jump first it'd be even slower and be censored for sure so that'd be even worse.

I've been reading the fan scans lately but nothing compares to having the actual books in your hands so I'm hoping like hell I'll be able to add English Dai to my bookshelf one day in the near futrue.

I suspect that the reason that it is not licensed yet comes down to two problems. One is that I imagine SquareEnix owns part of the license to the anime which might make it harder and more expensive for a company to publish, and second it is an "older" manga, which are not getting published much in the USA either. Remember that Houshin Engi started serialization the same year that Dai ended, making Houshin Engi a much newer manga (though still older than the majority of manga that seems to get licensed these days).

We used to have Bunkoban style releases back in the early 90's, but sadly I don't think any company makes them here anymore. The cheaper smaller size is more popular, although Viz is putting out the Kanzenban of Kenshin this year.

Yeah, I read through a bit of the fan translation (I was downloading it so that my mother could understand) and it was a pretty bad translation. Really, I was one click away from sending an email to people doing it and volunteering to do the translation. A number of times they had characters saying the exact opposite thing that they were saying in the Japanese. The manga really needs a proper translation and release, and even though I have it all in Japanese nearly twice over I would not hesitate to buy it again if it ever came out here just to support its release.

I suspect that the reason that it is not licensed yet comes down to two problems. One is that I imagine SquareEnix owns part of the license to the anime which might make it harder and more expensive for a company to publish, and second it is an "older" manga, which are not getting published much in the USA either. Remember that Houshin Engi started serialization the same year that Dai ended, making Houshin Engi a much newer manga (though still older than the majority of manga that seems to get licensed these days).

We used to have Bunkoban style releases back in the early 90's, but sadly I don't think any company makes them here anymore. The cheaper smaller size is more popular, although Viz is putting out the Kanzenban of Kenshin this year.

Yeah, I read through a bit of the fan translation (I was downloading it so that my mother could understand) and it was a pretty bad translation. Really, I was one click away from sending an email to people doing it and volunteering to do the translation. A number of times they had characters saying the exact opposite thing that they were saying in the Japanese. The manga really needs a proper translation and release, and even though I have it all in Japanese nearly twice over I would not hesitate to buy it again if it ever came out here just to support its release.

Well their going to run out of newer stuff eventually sooner or later and if they are willing to run more recent short flops like Guns Blaze West then they should be more willing to try the big sellers of the past since the risk would be lower. With no Beet around for who knows how long they should run Dai to keep fans intrested since it's going to be a loong while until Beet returns even if the auther suddenly got better and contiuned with the story right this month in Japan.

You are right about the fan translations, that's the one thing that worries me about Viz getting their hands on it becuse some of their teams that work almost as bad if not worse at times. I still shutter at some of the inane changes they made at the end of Dragonball Z like making Buu become Boo for some reason depite that being contary to offical spelling.

Sigh. Woodus is great, but I will never forget SK. incidentally, i joined this site to keep in touch w/ everyone in the first place, but it didnt exactly work. Doesnt anyone even Idle in chat anymore?

Sigh. Woodus is great, but I will never forget SK. incidentally, i joined this site to keep in touch w/ everyone in the first place, but it didnt exactly work. Doesnt anyone even Idle in chat anymore?

Yeah, a lot of the people form SK seem to have disappeared. I've tried idling in the chat before, but no one joins so I stopped. Should we set up a time to chat?

I was on it for an hour or so to see if anyone would pop in :)

I'd like to get back in the chat, but it seems I only have time on the weekends. I thought it was fun and a great addition to the Den when we had several chatting.

*gasp* Did i just saw the word 'dead' and 'chat' in the same phrase.

*gasp* Did i just saw the word 'dead' and 'chat' in the same phrase.

Guess u did.

And actually around january-mid april i was in the chat and it was fun. There are alot of nice people there, but i got irritated with the chat cause it kicked u out after a certain amount of time.