Square Enix Says Goodbye to Slime Knights

King_Slime

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Couple times things have happened and I almost threw in the towel, but I guess I am still here and we keep moving forward :)

I'm glad^^ this site is really cool. I like it a lot now. Chat is pretty cool too. Wish teh others would realize...Loto theme II roxors lol.

Sad to see slimeknights go down, I stopped going shortly after DQVIII came out. I never liked the community too much though since it was mostly people new to the DQ franchise and it was nothing like the old enix forums. I know the enix forums were never popular in these community. It would also be a sad day to see the dragon's den go down.

Sad to see slimeknights go down, I stopped going shortly after DQVIII came out. I never liked the community too much though since it was mostly people new to the DQ franchise and it was nothing like the old enix forums. I know the enix forums were never popular in these community. It would also be a sad day to see the dragon's den go down.

Uh...wut? There were plenty of fans of old DQ games on SK back then. You must not have looked hard enough..>.> And there's nothing wrong with having new DQ fans. It's the only way the community will grow. People have to start somewhere. You shouldn't judge a person by when they became a fan. Well, you really shouldn't judge people at all. Get to know them, and you'll find them to be cool.

Squarenix should have left the forums open.

I'm kicking myself for not participating during the last several months of SlimeKnights.com's life. :( I hope that Square Enix does in fact revive Slime Knights when they get around to releasing another installment of the DQ series in North America.

Uh...wut? There were plenty of fans of old DQ games on SK back then. You must not have looked hard enough..>.> And there's nothing wrong with having new DQ fans. It's the only way the community will grow. People have to start somewhere. You shouldn't judge a person by when they became a fan. Well, you really shouldn't judge people at all. Get to know them, and you'll find them to be cool.

Yup like met said. When SK all started it was pact with people who knew about DQ such as myself, met, rog, zen (which would be known as zenithian77 here) i could name a whole list. When the floodgate occured it was probably because SE wanted us to shown the new people to the series how great DQ really was.

When DQVIII got release and some of the new people who bought the game and beated it told us how great that game. They even asked us if the rest of the series was that good and we told them yes, we told them a couple of very good DQ game to buy such has DWIII and DWIV.

;) The Den will never go down, it's been here for 10 years and I see another ten coming.

I ordered a shirt and hadn't gotten it yet, but I guess no big deal if I don't either.

Is anyone else still waiting on any supplies they ordered before Slime Knights closed? I got my t-shirt and Last hope card ok but I'm still waiting on my manga volumes :(

I had my supplies and card arrive the first week of December. King Slime had a ton of mailing to do, though, and it being the holiday season, too... If you go on #skchat on IRC, King Slime is there quite often. I only get to log on a few times a week, but I'll and remember to ask him if he's there.

Is anyone else still waiting on any supplies they ordered before Slime Knights closed? I got my t-shirt and Last hope card ok but I'm still waiting on my manga volumes :(

I just received the supplies I ordered (2 T shirts and a poster set) on Wednesday(Tanks King Slime). If King Slime is really busy sending out all the supplies it might just be taking him a long time to process all of the orders.

• 2 weeks later...

I hope a new year means a New Slime knigths to push the remake of Dragon Quest 4 as far as it can possibly go in North america. Right now we're in a dry well when in comes to rpgs in so with the right timeing and marketing then DQ could take off like never before in north america.

And Swords probally could use the extra push as well. I have a feeling it's not going to do so hot but I've been wrong before.

;) During this third incarnation, they didn't have much of anything I wanted, or xould not get at an anime convention.

Really? Over the past couple years, I've attended many a con trying to find stuff for prizes and came back empty handed every time but one. The dealer rooms never have any variety. Same Naruto bullshit over and over.

I was impressed with SK near the end. I ordered a shirt and put in my California address for the order, and then switched back to my Japan address for the forum. Yet, the shirt got sent all the way to Japan!! I thought supplies were US/Canada only, but it showed up halfway across the world. Wow. I ordered a 2nd shirt with the last of my MM just in case as a back up, and also got the Silent Hope.

Really? Over the past couple years, I've attended many a con trying to find stuff for prizes and came back empty handed every time but one. The dealer rooms never have any variety. Same Naruto bullshit over and over.

I got many of my first 8 slime plushies at anime cons. A few keychains and things too, over the past couple of years. :)

I finally got my manga last friday but wasn't able to post a picture until now xd By some wierd twist of fate/Karma both the books I got where volumes of Dai's big adventure! One normal sized one and one of the smaller sized reprints that has more pages.

Mimas thank you once again for the manga! Even thought I can't read a lick of Japanse the two books I finally recived mean the world to me xd

2008_01130002.jpg

I finally got my manga last friday but wasn't able to post a picture until now xd By some wierd twist of fate/Karma both the books I got where volumes of Dai's big adventure! One normal sized one and one of the smaller sized reprints that has more pages.

Mimas thank you once again for the manga! Even thought I can't read a lick of Japanse the two books I finally recived mean the world to me xd

2008_01130002.jpg

Your welcome ^^

Glad to see Dai going to someone who will appreciate it. I hope you enjoy them.

Oh, Dai's done the kanzenban thing too? Is all of Jump doing it? Viz iz supposed to release the Dragon Ball ones starting in May. Glad too, because I was holding off buying the rest of the English volumes in case they did.

Archived