Announcement - DRAGON QUEST Dictionary~Encyclopedia

Woodus

Dustin, Dwaine, Woodus, and zenithian announce the formation of:

DRAGON QUEST

Dictionary~Encyclopedia

A collaborative community effort, by fans, for the benefit of the community and future fans of Dragon Quest

To be presented and displayed as such, with no particular site directly benefiting from the project.

Purpose and Scope: To create a comprehensive resource on Dragon Quest, and all things pertaining to this series, including, but not limited to: the main series, the spin-offs, the merchandise, Enix, Square Enix, and the creative minds behind the series – Hori, Toriyama, and Sugiyama.

We believe a comprehensive resource of encyclopedia type content for the Dragon Quest community will be beneficial to those wishing to understand more about the series, its history, its creators, or other key individuals among Enix and Square Enix. Many do not have access to the original published material in print or electronic formats; sadly some of these sources have disappeared or are no longer readily available. In an effort to preserve what we now have and know, for ourselves and future fans, we announce an effort to develop a Dragon Quest Dictionary~Encyclopedia, do be developed by the community, for the community. Other projects have tried to develop such a reference source, but have failed – notably the Dragon Warrior Encyclopedia and Wikiproject Dragon Quest – through no fault of their own. We feel now is the time to develop this vital resource. Please join with us to make it possible.

Dustin Hubbard Woodus

The Dwaine zenithian

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We are tossing around the format, I don't know why fan games couldn't be listed, but it may be a "committee" decision :)

;) Sign me up too!! After all I am pretty good about Word of Mouth too plus Cartographer and I could maybe make some Fanart Stuff.

Woodus, I've got the redirect script working now. The homepage looks great.

And for everyone else, you can check it out - Dragon-Quest.org - Home of the Dragon Quest Dictionary-Encyclopedia

Contact me via email if you would like a POP3 or email forwarding account ([email protected]).

Looks good :thumbsup: do you see the ? things when you goto the page?

I am really, really glad that you guys decided to join forces in doing this. I hope that the future is great and that I will able to help in some way. Even though I am pretty busy nowadays, I still want to sign up or something so I look around to see what I can do to help.

This is what I see when I go to the site:

dqde.jpg

I just added links to the FAQ and Framework documents from the main page.

This sounds like a really great idea, I've seen other people try to start a DQ encyclopedia but they always seem to fizzle out, so I'm sure having the backing of several of the largest DQ sites will help this project greatly. I would definitely be willing to help in any way possible, I don't have much to do during the day so I could spend a ton of time writing up large articles on the more major pages.

Also, as far as the format goes, I would suggest that you go with something similar to the Chrono Compendium, that is start out with a large Wiki that is editable by approved members (although in the case of CC it ended up being done almost entirely by Zeality, which is obviously not a good idea considering how many times he nearly pulled the plug). Then once it gets to the point that the Wiki has pretty much all of the information that is needed a few people go through and edit everything and format it into an actual site. After that then all that is needed are occasional updates on fan projects and any major news and events...

;) Perhaps I should cast Revive on Slime Empire Productions for the sake of this Dictionary.Especially since it's original purpose was for RPG Maker Resources.

Great Idea! I have only 1 question:

Why doesn't "zenithian" capitalize his name?

Because I am no one of any great importance; merely one who would want live in Zenithia.

;) Well, at one time Woodus actually spelled his name with a lower "w" though he has long since abandoned this aspect.

I just added links to the FAQ and Framework documents from the main page.

YouYou got my support! I vote Wiki

Separate site, but it still might use a wiki, that hasn't been decided yet.

Archived