Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

King_Slime

Cherishing the Memories for Times to Come

To each and every Slime Knight: For about two years, I've been wondering how I would start the following letter. How would I share news of this nature with a group of Dragon Quest enthusiasts for whom I have developed such a great amount of respect, admiration, and care? I suppose the best tactic is to start from the beginning...

Slime Knights opened its virtual doors to Dragon Quest fans back in August of 2005 with massive positive reception. In just months, the community exceeded expectations of activity and of dedication. We went from focusing on Dragon Quest VIII: Journey of the Cursed King to Dragon Quest Heroes: Rocket Slime to, most recently, Dragon Quest Monsters: Joker.

For North American Dragon Quest fans, the whole event was something of a phenomenon. People from distant corners of the continent (and the world) had crossed paths to talk about and support the best RPG series ever. While there is no way to know for sure, I would like to think that Slime Knight's presence helped make the decision to bring Dragon Quest titles to our side of the ocean. For that, I am very proud to have been your guide and ruler for this extended period of time.

Every great story has an ending. We know this all too well and must experience it every time we complete an outstanding Dragon Quest title. The characters and nuances may fade as the credits roll, but the memory and excitement live on forever. With this in mind, I am saddened to announce that Slime Knights will officially close the doors it opened 27 months ago. We will close on November 30 at 4PM Eastern.

It will be a sad day for all Slime Knights members, but I am planning to have a blast with all of you on the community until that day. We'll take a look back at some of the most memorable moments in Slime Knights history, there will be some neat giveaways, and tons of Hunts to earn massive MMs! While the end may be near, I hope you will join us for all the action!

I won't be saying goodbye to anyone because that's much too sad. I'll be sending out a big "See you later", because I'm sure our paths will continue to cross in the future. (We're too close-knit of a community to just disband without a trace!) Stay tuned for any updates (and more lovey-dovey stuff) on Slime Knights.

Lastly, make sure to keep hunting those monsters on Dragon Quest Monsters: Joker and Slime Knights! Keep the fandom alive!

Your guide and ruler,

newsletter2sign.gif

PS: Don't forget about the Gamespot Dragon Quest Union! Many SKers use it as their secondary source for information.

PPS: For questions, comments, and the like, check out the

dedicated forum thread.

View the full article

Oh well its about time anyways. Knew it wont last forever. Forget KS now and hail Woodus for all his glory.

Oh well its about time anyways. Knew it wont last forever. Forget KS now and hail Woodus for all his glory.

That was majorly uncool dude.

It's never a good thing when a Dragon Quest site goes down, no matter how you may feel about it either way. Dragon Quest fans should stick together and build each other up - let's keep growing and letting the powers that be know we won't go away.

Un uh. Hell no. King Slime did a stellar job with what he was given. Everyone associated with Slime Knights promoted the games better than SEI's official material. If you think the POS official site generated one sale, think again! The site started as just a basic word of mouth marketing tool and grew into a very healthy community. It far surpassed their expectations and I don't know where the DQ audience would be without it. An interesting bit about the site is the fans found it. SEI refused to link to the site for Rocket Slime and Joker. There has been a sharp growth in members over the past two weeks. Stupid stupid stupid move on their part.

Like I mentioned in another thread, everyone needs to take a little time and send Affinitive a note thanking them.

Like I mentioned in another thread, everyone needs to take a little time and send Affinitive a note thanking them.

Very much agreed Dwaine, very well put. I did just as you had suggested earlier when I had gotten the newsletter version.

;) Wow, someone is feeling a bit bitter about something. woepriest, if I may ask, what possessed you to say that about Slime Knights?

;) Wow, someone is feeling a bit bitter about something. woepriest, if I may ask, what possessed you to say that about Slime Knights?

Maybe he's a Dragon's Den fanboy? I never knew such a person existed.

Either way, that was one crappy first response to KingSlime's post... Way to go woepriest.

Well, I never took to SK...I just did not like the user interface...plus I just wasn't too interested in the new stuff, anyway.

But i'd never wish ill, or closing down, on them...just because I didn't care for the site. Woepriest, that was pretty nasty.

My bad, Im not used to being this bittered. A typo there not KingSlime its Slimeknights, got nothing against KS. Its just that Im having a bad week and I hate SE very much. Im quite sad by the fact the site is closing and my 45 hour on joker gone and alot more personal things going on.

Guest Plattym3

That was majorly uncool dude.

Well, forget the forget part and it's true. The King is dead. Long live the King.

;) Bear in mind also that Woodus was King Long before Slime Knights ever came to be.

I don't know about being King :blush2:

Hi everyone i just joined these forums. This is said news seeing such a large dragon quest community close down. At least i will still be able to see my fellow gamers and dq fans on this site and gamespot.

Since slimeknight is closing what does this mean about the future of dragon quest games in north america?

Yeah, it was pretty sad news...

Everyone there became so close-knit too...

Yeah, it was pretty sad news...

Everyone there became so close-knit too...

At least we all can gather at this site.