New Dragon Quest Swords Movie and Screenshots

Woodus

dqswordswii.png

Thanks to Kenshin for his post about the new Video on the Official Swords Site and I grabbed the video and added it to the DQ Swords Movie page and it is DQ Swords Movie 002 (WMV).

I took some shots from the video as well and added 21 more screenshots to the DQ Swords Screenshot page as well.

Here are a few of the screenshot thumbnails.

dqswordswii_036_th.jpgdqswordswii_040_th.jpgdqswordswii_042_th.jpgdqswordswii_048_th.jpgdqswordswii_030_th.jpg

Maybe necrosaro_mx can translate the video again and I can put subtitles in. :wd_coolslime:

'Twas me!

Also, the video revealed at least one thing we didn't know: It looks like to cast spells you will have to charge them up by moving the controller in a certain way repeatedly.

Yeah, that is cool, I remember one of the videos from the gameplay at a show to charge some sort spell he had to wave the wiimote above his head in a circle.

Guest Plattym3
Yeah, that is cool, I remember one of the videos from the gameplay at a show to charge some sort spell he had to wave the wiimote above his head in a circle.

Is that the Surround spell?

Guest Plattym3

Start pumping iron now.

Actually I may being to lift some weights a bit this summer. I'm in a bowling league and I'll be damned if I didn't try really throwing my ball harded than I ever had a week ago and shot my high game of the season. Only problem is my arm was totally in pain the next game. Need to work on endurance. That's 2 reasons now.

Yeah, I went bowling a couple weeks ago and I could feel it really well the next morning! Lifting weights is a good idea, it'll be an interesting day when people start lifting weights for video games!

Is that the Surround spell?

I think it may be Zap or something similar. I found those videos and here are some screenshots of the spell progression.

dqswordswii_051_th.jpgdqswordswii_052_th.jpgdqswordswii_053_th.jpgdqswordswii_054_th.jpgdqswordswii_055_th.jpg

Do you think the translation of Swords will go faster or slower since much of the dialog is spoken?

The skill shown after the "infinity" sign is actually not a spell, but gigaslash, a technique that adds the power of Heaven to your sword (if I remember correctly, it was named that way in the translation, too).

The tecnique at 1:52 reads 気合い斬り (kiai giri).

Kiai (気合い) means scream; yell; fighting spirit.

Kiri (斬り), sometimes read as "giri" at the end of a word, is used in reference to a sword attack.

So far, Baud is the one who uses more magic, but his son has been using a lot of different sword moves or special techniques.

Cool, that is good to know, that makes more sense.

Archived