New Dragon Quest IX Scans, Online Play Removed?

Woodus

dq9ds.png

Thanks to Kiefer for the post of the new scans. (I modified his post to use the smaller images and linked to them here)

The scans have been added to the DQ 9 Scans page.

New DQIX scans:

dq9ds_scan_003_2_th.jpg dq9ds_scan_003_1_th.jpg

EDIT: Found this at GamesAreFun

More Square Enix news, but this time it's unfortunate. It seems the online play which many were anticipating for Dragon Quest IX has been removed. Multiplayer will now consist solely of local wireless play. There will still be some Wi-Fi functionality, but it's not clear what it will be used for.

Hopefully Square Enix will shed some more light on the situation this weekend at the SE Party.

;) Oh thank God it's not going to be an MMO like Final Fantasy 11 is. I'm going to go out on a limb and assume that the local WiFi is going to be used for Monster Battles and possibly party battles.

That didn't mean so much since the local wifi multiplayer still is going to come. I wonder what the wifi features are going to be. Maybe a wifi store with rare items or wifi battles.

Guest Plattym3

Saw that one coming a mile away.

Just started getting into the Battle Tower in Pokemon and you only apparently go Wi-Fi to get stats from other trainers, then it logs off before you fight them. If they weren't going to do live Pokemon battles, I didn't think we'd be seeing live DQIX battles. Ever since the old turn-based battles were annouced as returning, I thought "how are they going to do that Wi-Fi?" Apparently they're not. No big deal, but I know I'll never be doing local wireless battling or gameplay with anyone, no one around me plays.

The screens don't look quite as... 'just-under-VIII-ish' anymore and a bit grainy in places. But they still look great nevertheless and are fantastic when in motion.

Not too bothered about the online play being canned. Hopefully this will mean a more focused single player.

That's a shame, I was looking forward to being able to play online with you guys. But I suppose that that level of online play isn't really realistic to achieve, considering the limited co-op online play in Castlevania. I'll probably end up in the same boat as Platty, whatever limited WiFi ability there is will be lost to me because it seems that nobody around me plays the same games I do. :P

I wather any type WiFi be online then local wireless due to I dont even know anyone here with a DS T_T

Most eather have a PSP or to far back in time due to Money or Next Geness

One things that made me disapointed in Mana game is I may have wait like 2-3 YEARS to ever get try it with other players T_T

Guest Plattym3
I wather any type WiFi be online then local wireless due to I dont even know anyone here with a DS T_T

Most eather have a PSP or to far back in time due to Money or Next Geness

One things that made me disapointed in Mana game is I may have wait like 2-3 YEARS to ever get try it with other players T_T

What Mana game?

Archived