Sign in to follow this  
NecroMalroth

Dragon Warrior: Apocrypha

That's awesome, thank you :)

No problem. It'd been years since I last looked at that site, but I've been meaning to find it again. You gave me an excuse to finally do so.

Any more progress on Apocrypha?

Afraid not. I work on it only when I have the time and when the mood strikes me. For the past few days, I just haven't had the time. I'll probably get a little more done this weekend.

Whats the estimated gameplay length thus far?

To be perfectly honest, I haven't even been thinking about the game yet in terms of gameplay length. I can tell you that I'm still working on the first part of the game, that being the Osterfair region. When that's done, I'll probably release it as a demo.

Guest Csabi

I am curious what size the demo or the entire game will be approximately. I met a guy at GameFAQs who created a fan game (Slime Game, that was the title) and I could brought his demo game home compressed on a floppy disc. It runs under Dos or in DosBox, however, it worked when I just hit the enter button on the executable in Total Commander. It was Plug n Play! :D

Edited by Csabi

Still haven't worked much on this lately, but it occurred to me that I haven't shown any of the overworld yet.

osterfairover.png

Osterfair Castle can be seen in the upper half of the picture, while Anovu Village can be seen in the lower half. The only major change that I've made to the island is that I got rid of all the shoals surrounding it.

Heh well I guess that after all those years, the King realized it would be more attractive to visitors an island without any shoals... also more accessible! And glad to hear that between two fightings they decided to send settlers in the south :)

Finally got back around to working on this. The first picture I've got is a test battle for a nasty monster that'll be in the bonus dungeon. He might be a little familiar to those that've played Dragon Warrior Monsters 2. Still a bunch I need to do with the battle system...

genoattack.png

And below is the basic layout for the first floor of Osterfair Crypt. I still need to add in treasure chests, NPCs, etc.

crypt2.png

Guest Plattym3
genoattack.png

Does the one on the left have a black box over its private parts?

Damn, that looks like a not-too-fun battle.

Does the one on the left have a black box over its private parts?

That's the cursor. Until I get the menus how I want them, I think I'm just going to have to move the cursor further up, as well as flip it upside down and make sure the background is transparent. It's on my long list of things to do.

Damn, that looks like a not-too-fun battle.

Indeed. Even at Level 60, three of them are not fun at all. When I set up battle formations for the bonus dungeon, I think each formation will have a maximum of one Genosidoh.

Edited by NecroMalroth

;) Oh... dear... GOD!!! GENOSIDOH times 3 equals Malroth on Steroids times three!!! Talk about nightmare city....

Pain, I see pain in your future. Ya, I can see how one Malroth is fun, two an annoyance, 3 pain.

*Ignore, possesed computer likes to double post*

Edited by Canthus

You should code a battle with Genosidoh so that there is only one true Geno while he sets up 2 fakes. Make sure HealAll is in his spell list. Plan it out to be the toughest DQ battle ever and you will win an internet from me.

;) Oh god yes, might want to make it a bonus boss though unless you're feeling sadistic that is.

I think there's a little confusion here. Genosidoh is not the bonus dungeon boss. He's filling the role primarily taken by Baramos Evil (or BaraEvil, if you prefer) in DW3 GBC's bonus dungeon.

I still don't want to reveal the actual bonus dungeon boss yet, but I will say that it is someone that's been seen before in the DW/DQ series, and it will be a very tough fight.

I think there's a little confusion here. Genosidoh is not the bonus dungeon boss. He's filling the role primarily taken by Baramos Evil (or BaraEvil, if you prefer) in DW3 GBC's bonus dungeon.

I still don't want to reveal the actual bonus dungeon boss yet, but I will say that it is someone that's been seen before in the DW/DQ series, and it will be a very tough fight.

Wasn't DQIII GBC extra boss the Divinegon or Grand Dragon?

Yes, Divinegon.

Now that summer's here, I've gotten back to working on this game a bit. However, there's another little piece of music that I'm missing. There's a short little tune in DW4 that plays when one finds an item of particular importance. Anybody know what I'm talking about, and if so, know where I can get my hands on it?

Many thanks.

I'm continuing to work on the maps for Osterfair Island. Osterfair's royal wharf is a work-in-progress, but it wouldn't be a wharf without a boat, right?

DWferry.png

Game looks real nice! Hope everything goes well with this game, and that those Genosidohs are weaker descendants of the original, :laugh: !