Sign in to follow this  
NecroMalroth

Dragon Warrior: Apocrypha

Hey all. I've recently begun working on my own Dragon Warrior fangame using RPG Maker XP, but I've run into a small problem. I started setting up my first House of Healing, and I realized I needed the "save game" music. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to find it anywhere. With so many other people working on their own fangames, I imagine somebody found it somewhere.

It may be some time before I have anything to show you guys on this game, as I don't have a whole bunch of free time to work on it, but I can at least share some info on the game.

• Takes place in the world of Dragon Warrior II, roughly 50 years after the defeat of Malroth.
  • Uses Dragon Warrior IV NES graphics.
  • The game begins on the island of Osterfair.
  • The premise of the game expands on a small but important plot point from the original trilogy. However, it does so in a very unexpected way.

I wish you luck. Do you have knowledge of scripting using RGSS? I am trying to learn it right now myself. I want to make my CMS like DQ/W. As for your problem with music...have you tried Dragon-Warrior.com?

Do you have knowledge of scripting using RGSS?

Nope. Just kinda learning as I go along.

As for your problem with music...have you tried Dragon-Warrior.com?

One of the first places I tried. It's a great resource for DW sound effects, but it didn't have the "save game" music. I've also tried here at Dragon's Den, at Darkni's Midi Shrine, and at the Videogame Music Archive. I've even tried a bunch of general searches on Yahoo and Google. It just doesn't seem to be anywhere.

Provide an email address and I will send it to you.

Provide an email address and I will send it to you.

Just sent it to you in a private message, and thanks. I spent the better part of yesterday afternoon just looking for it.

Well I got it from the DQ I+II Remix Symphonic Suite. It and a bunch of other sound were part of an mp3 called Sound Collection, appropriately enough, so it would be extremely hard to find without knowing the file name.

Also, since the file I sent you is from the Symphonic Suite, it's much higher quality than the original midi files. So if you want it to fit in better I found another collection of sounds on the DQ Midi Shrine that has the original save sound in it, and I can separate it for you.

;) Do you have the Catapillar script? If not just shoot me a PM and I will send you the text file with the script on it.

I haven't even begun to think about getting the party to "caterpillar" yet. Once I get more comfortable with the program, then I'll deal with it. For now, I'm still collecting resources like music and tiles, which is trickier than I thought it would be. I just realized earlier today that the Inn music I had was not actually the DW Inn music, so I still need to go back and find that too.

;) Same here, that's how I input all my scripts.

;) Same here, that's how I input all my scripts.

Its important to put a note here. The best thing to do is to make the cartepillar ASAP, preferably the first thing you do in the game and I'll explain why:

The caterpillar involves Event ID's (that number like 0012). Each member of ther cat. will be an event, plus the hero. If you do it in a clear map, they will be Events 1, 2 and 3.... if you then paste it in a map with other events on it, instead of the 3rd member follow the "Member 2" event, it will follow the map's currently "event 2" wich means it will get apart from you and start running to nowhere LOL!

So, make the caterpillar events, and paste all of them right away in every map, and adjust what is needed. This way you have less work :/

;) Indeed. Now if I could just figure out how to make a Countdown and Scan spell...

Still need help with resources bud?

I spent a good 6 months putting resources together for my game, I ripped pretty much every tile and charset form dw4(nes), and I ripped dw1/2/3/4(nes) .nsf files. For those who dont know, a nsf file contains all the sound from a given nes rom.

I have all the origonal nes inn sounds, and I also have the origonal save sound - the melody that plays when you save your game.

I'll be happy to hook you up. If you need help getting additional resources, I'll help in anyway I can.

Edited by Mattdk

Sorry it's taken me so long to get back to this thread. Between family stopping by and and my internet access constantly cutting out last week, I haven't had much of an opportunity.

Yes, I still need the Inn music and the Save music. I'll send you a private message with my e-mail address.

And I'll also send one inquiring about the caterpillar script. I'm still not sure I want to be messing with it yet, but at least I'll have it when I'm ready to do so.

And thanks to everyone for all the offers of help. You all should send them all into Woodus too, since it seems I'm not the only one looking for particular music clips.

Kenshin, any chance you have access to the Game Over (that's played at the end of a battle when your hp are at 0)music from DW/DQ1? I'm working on a remake of DQ1 and can't find that anywhere.

Thanks for any help :)

Edited by krimson79

;) I sent you the Catapillar Script as an Attatchment. It's in Wordpad so all you need to do is copy and paste it into the Script Manager and boom, you have yourself a nice little catapillar script. Hope it helped you out. Let me know if you need anymore scripts and I will see what I can dig up.

Alright, I've got another problem.

I've figured out how to change the font, and I can successfully change it to anything I've got on my computer EXCEPT the "Dragon Warrior I" font that can be found here at Dragon's Den. I've had it on my computer for the longest time, and it shows up fine in everything else. Has anybody else tried to display this font in RPG Maker XP?

I have the font that works. I'll either upload it to my site or here. I can't send it yet. My wife is on the computer that has it. I like a dumba$$ formatted my thumbdrive.

;) Yeah, I tried to change the font type also but I think why it won't show up is that name of the font is apparently invalid, unless you add something likt ttp or trutype or something.

Does the font work for RM2K? If so, how do you change the font?