Dragon Warrior VII Ruins & Tablet Room Maps

Woodus

Has anyone used Google Sketchup? It is a very easy to use 3D modeling tool. It is supposed to be used to model items and import into GoogleEarth, but it was "easy" for me to make maps of the Ruins with it.

Not sure how far I will take this project since it took me a couple weeks to just get the Ruins done, the program is very easy to use, but the ruins had so many portions that it still took a while, and they got easier the more I did.

The images below are thumbnails, click the image for the full view.

The Ruins map is almost 5000x5000 pixles and is almost 3 MB

ruins_th.jpg

The tablet room isn't so bad so it is a more close up view.

tablet_room_th.jpg

Let me know what you think.

Well, it's not exactly the greatest quality, but if it's as easy to use as you say, it sounds like it might be a great introduction to 3D art. I've been thinking about trying something like this for a long time now, but have never actually done anything. This sounds like it might be a great tool to start out with.

It was much easeir that Blender or 3dsMax that is for sure, at least for doing rooms and such.

For the tablet room I actually tried to screen capture from DW VII itself to create the wall, pillar and floor textures.

It looks great and it will help a lot since there are certain areas that are complicated, for example: the wind maze! :worried:

If anyone wants to try and help that would be cool ;) it takes me long enough to get thru an easy set of maps like DW2GBC, which I am also working on.

Does anyone know if there is a way to rip the textures out of DW VII? I tried some TIM image rippers, but they didn't come up with anything.

;) Wow, those images look awesome!! Excellent job Woodus. Also, Google Image sounds like something that'd be fun to play around with as well.

Archived