Good Reviews for Rocket Slime

Woodus

Some of the review snippets posted by King Slime at Slime Knights

Check out the latest in reviews for Square Enix's Rocket Slime. Do the pros think that RS is worth the experience or is the game lacking in fun?

1up Review. Score: 8.5 Outstanding

"...between its genuinely clever elements and its preposterously over-the-top ridiculousness, Square Enix and TOSE have crafted a spin-off that captures the appeal of the source material in an amusing and unique way."

IGN Review. Score: 8.5

"The style is consistent and entertaining, the gameplay is inviting, and the adventure itself is surprisingly deep with tons of collection and customization aspects. For groups of DS owners, the multiplayer experience is one of the most entertaining we’ve had on the system..."

http://ds.gamespy.com/nintendo-ds/dragon-w...i/733547p1.html. Score 4.5/5

"Square Enix has managed to show us that it knows exactly what it's doing, and though it may appear that the game is aimed at a young target audience, Dragon Quest Heroes: Rocket Slime has it all: a great sense of humor, solid gameplay, awesome tank battles and a charming story. Still not sure? Let's put it this way: Have you ever tossed an enemy into giant cannon and shot them across a battlefield? You should try it sometime -- it's very liberating."

- Game Informer Magazine review. Score 8.25 Handheld Game of the Month

Guest Plattym3

Well, I had it preordered and picked it and the strategy guide up yesterday. Good thing I preordered. The GameStop near me got 4 total copies. Three were preorderers and the manager said they sold the 4th before any of the preorder people came in!

I'm still a little enthralled with Pokemon Mystery Dungeon, so I haven't put more than a half hour into Rocket Slime. It's been fun.

I havent goten it yet it will of couse be my next buy

;) Same here, once the Anime Convention Year for me winds down and the Holidays come around that is. Christmas is a great time of year for me to pick up games since they tide me over through the winter while awaiting the repetition of my "Con Tour Cycle" as I call it. But that's on another level, bringing myself back to the topic at hand, I'm glad that Rocket Slime is getting stellar reviews. Perhaps that will inspire Aeon Genesis to continue work on the first Slime Morimori game.

Archived