Same fan-fic new thread

marhawkman

And it's updated! I made several edits to the story in the process of collecting it together.

Yeah this uses a lot of characters from the Naruto anime and manga. I did use several original characters of my own here though.

Melara Stavros

Kara Bourgeious

Susanna la Phantasma

Ayane Haruno(even though this character is here as Sakura's mother, since Sakura's mother was never shown or named in the anime/manga, I had to make up a character for this part.)

and a few others that don't have names yet. Pretty much all the rest are from the Naruto anime/manga.

---------------------

Naruto, Sakura, and Sasuke met Kakashi in the morning. Naruto asked Kakashi "Hey so what's up for today?" "Well today we're going to do some training in the forest." "What? No mission? Training's boring...” "Perhaps" Kakashi grinned "but if you never do any training you probably wouldn't survive any missions." "Aww... Okay then. If we have to do it, I guess we should just get it over with." "Good."

The four of them quickly made their way toward a spot deep in the woods. But along the way they noticed they weren't alone. A woman was walking out in the open through the middle of a clearing. From her dress she looked like some sort of Mercenary or Ninja, but the fact she didn't even try to conceal herself was suspicious. While they were still wondering, a second person suddenly leaped out of the trees. "Heh, Amateur, time to get rid of some competition..." he said as he landed directly ahead of her and aimed a stab with a Kunai directly at her face. But before he had time to finish the strike, she'd grabbed his arm and knee and threw the guy headfirst into the nearest tree.

Kakashi stopped and stared for a second. "Who is this woman? That guy may have been a loser but she didn't even flinch when he tried to stab her in the face, and that throw move was executed as if she'd seen him before he jumped out." Kakashi then stopped thinking to himself and stepped out in the open. "Hello there, how are you doing?” he asked.

The woman looked over at him, "Hello, I see you're Ninjas from Konoha."

"Huh?" Kakashi flinched in surprise.

The woman continued, "Why don't you have your friends come out and join us? I'm sure they'd be more comfortable talking out here."

"I don’t know... There seem to be a few more wandering losers than usual out today.” Kakashi said.

The stranger turned and pointed. "I noticed a nice secluded area over this way."

Kakashi turned towards Sasuke, Sakura, and Naruto. "Well I guess we should go and find out what she's got to say."

As soon as the four had followed her to their destination, the stranger walked near several large rocks. They stared in shock as she changed them into stone chairs with a quick burst of chakra. "Here please sit down." she then said. "I'm sure you want to know who I am." the stranger continued as she sat down in one of the chairs herself. "My name is Melara. I'm not from any place you've heard of, hence the reason why I'm not wearing a clan insignia."

Naruto then spoke up, "Me-- what? What kind of a name is that? I can't even pronounce it."

Melara chuckled before replying, "If you ever meet her, you should ask my mother, Striya Nirbak, that. I never really bothered asking why she chose that name for me."

Kakashi coughed once before speaking up, "While I'm sure it'd be fascinating to find that out, a more important question is why you're here. You don't seem like you're all that familiar with the area, nor do you act like there's some important reason for your presence."

The other three gave Kakashi a surprised look since they hadn't noticed quite that much about their visitor.

"Well that was rather observant of you wasn't it?" Melara chuckled, "Well I'm exploring, and this place seemed like a nice place to visit."

"So there's no special reason for your coming here?" Kakashi asked.

"Well my mother decided she wanted me to help her explore and gave me a device that would allow me to come here." Melara replied.

Sasuke asked, "And you came here all by yourself? You seem like a very skilled fighter, but I don't see how you could be that skilled that you could simply ignore the fact that there may or may not be hostile forces here."

Melara chuckled some more at this, "Well if you'd ever seen my mother in action you wouldn't ask that. Especially since my mother taught me almost all of the skills she knows."

"Really like what? So far I haven't seen any." Sasuke replied.

"No? Heh, not quite that observant I see. I've been using one the entire time." A small sparkle ripples across Melara and her skin color changes to a deep metallic bronze color, her hair changes to the same tone, her eyes change to a deep purplish hue, and a small red cabochon appears on her forehead. "See?? One of them allows me to mask my appearance. Making me able to take on nearly any appearance I wish."

"Wait a second," Sakura blurted out, "So THIS is your true appearance? Ewww...."

"Now Sakura that was uncalled for." Kakashi stated.

Melara interrupted with, "I don't really mind. I think it's just that she's never seen someone who looks like me before."

"Yeah that did kind of surprise me too, but what else can you do? You acted like you knew some sort of uber-powerful jutsus." Sasuke said, "That might be useful, but it's not that potent in a fight."

"Most of the things I know you would find very difficult to learn, if you could learn them at all. Are you sure you want to know?" Melara replied.

---

"Aww... Just get on with it!!!" Naruto snapped. "The suspense is killing me!!!"

"Well if you're that eager...... I guess I can't really refuse." Melara replied. "But I know a great number of... jutsus. It'd take much more than an afternoon to show you all of them, so I'm only going to show you a few of them."

"YaaaYyy!!" Naruto cheered. "All right!!"

"Wait a second..." Sakura said, as she thought "dumb Naruto, he has no idea what kind of stuff she's talking about." Sakura continued talking with "What if this is something dangerous?"

Melara chuckled at this, "Of course it's dangerous, it wouldn't be worth using in a fight if it wasn't."

"Um... we're not going to get hurt are we?" Sakura said as the others stared at her.

"Not really." Melara replied. "It might sting a bit but nothing more. Ready?"

"I guess so." Sakura replied.

"Yeah sure, it sounds fun." Naruto said.

"Yes." Sasuke stated.

After a second of silence Melara looked over at Kakashi.

"Well I'm just here to watch, so what can I say?” Kakashi said as he adjusted his headband across his forehead.

"Okay then hmmm... I guess I'll do this one first." Melara said as she started to gather chakra in her hand. "It's simple really. Just gather chakra together and form it into a blade." As she said this a blue blade of Chakra formed between two of her fingers.

About 30 minutes later, Sasuke said "Those are nice and all. I can easily see how having all those techniques at your disposal would make you a formidable opponent." while thinking "that paralysis jutsu you used on Naruto was particularly nice", "However you did say something about knowing amazingly powerful jutsus. How about showing us one of your most potent jutsus?"

"Oh. Well that'll be a bit difficult as they're a bit too strong for that." Melara sighed, "But I can think of one that I could show you, it's called Bio-transformation. Hmm... I guess the best person to demonstrate it with would be Sakura."

"Wait.... why do you need a person to demonstrate it on?" Sakura said as she cringed. "This isn't going to hurt is it?"

"No, it won't hurt at all, just hold still." Melara then held her hand out with the palm facing Sakura. A white glow surrounded Melara's hand and extended around Sakura for a second and then faded. "All done." she said.

"But what did you do? I felt a slight tingle. That was it though." Sakura said.

"I gave you a bloodline trait." Melara replied.

Sakura turned pale and started to stammer, "w-what?!? H-How can you just give someone a bloodline trait?"

"It's simple genetics really." Melara dismissively replied. "Bloodline traits are caused by the person having unusual genes. What Bio-transmutation does is it changes your genes. That gives you a bloodline trait."

"Uh, I have question here." Kakashi said. "Don’t you need to get the genes from somewhere? It seems to me that you wouldn't be able to simply make up genes for that, at least not in a few minutes."

"That's quite true, Kakashi." Melara said smiling. "Where I'm from there's this group of people called Tomans. I gave Sakura a few of their genes."

"Umm.... Okay then," Sakura stuttered, "b-but what does it do? I-it's not going to make me turn into a frog or something is it?"

"Hehehe..." Melara chuckled, "no, nothing like that. You needn't worry about it."

"But I..." Sakura started to say.

"Well I've got to go. I'll be back later though. Bye now." Melara said as she disappeared.

Sakura, Sasuke, Naruto, and Kakashi looked around for a few minutes after Melara left.

"What the... where'd she go?" asked Naruto, "I can't see her anywhere."

"I don't know." Kakashi replied while studying the area. "I was watching her when she left and, as far as I can tell, she simply faded out of existence."

"Wait a second," Sasuke suddenly said, "You mean you were watching her with your Sharingan eye, and you still couldn't see where she went?"

"I'm afraid so." Kakashi said as he shifted his headband down. "Even my Sharingan eye couldn't follow her. But I wonder, she never really said where she was from. I wonder how she got here...."

"You don't really think she might have been from a different planet or something?" Sakura nervously said.

"Well you saw her face, Sakura." Kakashi replied, "I'm not even sure she's human. I've never seen or heard of someone who looked like that. Wherever she's from I've never been there, and I don't think I've ever met someone from there. At any rate, we’re not going to figure it out just by standing around talking. Let's go do some training."

"All right!" Naruto cheered, "I was starting to get bored standing around like this. I want to see if I can figure out that Iron Defense Jutsu she showed us. That looked awesome!"

Later, Naruto and Sasuke were resting under a tree after doing an exhausting workout. They'd been pushing themselves even harder than usual to make up for the fact they'd spent the first part of the day talking, instead of training. Kakashi looked at them waiting to see when they'd be ready for training. As he did so he looked over at where Sakura was moving into a patch of sunlight. As she did so her skin seemed to shimmer a bit. Wondering what had happened, Kakashi watched her stand there for a while. After a few minutes she seemed noticeably less fatigued.

"Hmmm... Interesting." Kakashi thought. "Never seen someone's stamina recover quite that quickly on their own before. It must be part of that special ability that Melara gave her, but I wonder is that it?"

The group went back to training and soon focus shifted to a different topic. None of them could figure out how to copy the Jutsus they'd seen Melara use. As hard as they tried the closest they could come was a bad imitation of the energy blade technique.

"I don't get this." Sasuke said. "Without hand signs this Jutsu seem almost impossible."

"Well it does seem to require a different approach to Chakra usage." Kakashi replied, "But I wonder, Melara didn't say what sort of Bloodline ability she had. I'm guessing it made this sort of technique easier for her to perform."

"You don't think she showed us those because she knew we couldn't use them?" Sakura asked.

"No I doubt that." Kakashi replied. "But the different approach they use kind of makes me wonder. I don't think she actually used ANY hand signs at all. Some of the movements she made looked like hand signs, but I don't think they actually were."

"So how do we use them?" Naruto asked, "Unless you think it's because she's practiced it more than we have?"

"Obviously she has." Kakashi replied, "But, what really got my attention was that Bio-transmutation Jutsu. From what I've gathered, that technique must be insanely difficult to master. Yet she used no hand signs at all. She meditated for several seconds and then pointed her hand at Sakura. That was pretty much all I could see. The Chakra patterns created were too complex for me to follow."

Sasuke spoke up, "So you're saying that if she could do a Jutsu that incredibly difficult without Hand signs then it couldn't really be as difficult as we think?"

"Well..." Kakashi continued, "I'd like to think that, but I don't really know. One of the few things we know about Melara's abilities is that she seemed to have an amazing amount of power at her disposal. Being able to use a jutsu that casually is one thing, but doing it repeatedly and without apparent effort is another. At any rate it's getting late. We should head back now."

--------------------------

Soon after the four returned to the village, they were told of a mission that would take place the next day.

"Well I guess we should get our rest before our mission tomorrow." Kakashi said.

The rest of them groaned slightly as they made their way to their houses. Early the next day they got up before dawn to start on their mission. Sasuke, Naruto, and Kakashi got up and ready for the mission without incident. Meanwhile Sakura got ready but then noticed that someone was in the house. Sakura's mother found her shortly and motioned for her to be quiet. As she did so, a shadow seemed to move out of the next room into the living room where she and her mother were.

"Who the heck is this guy?" Sakura thought. "I can barely even follow his moves." Across the room from her the unknown assassin was stalking her mother. Sakura watched in horror as her mother tried to fend off an attack but failed, and ended up sprawled over the couch. Sakura leaned out from where she was hiding and threw a pair of Kunai at the back of his head. Before she even had time to blink, the ninja dodged out of the way and moved to within striking range. Before she had time to do any more than defend, he'd kicked her over to the balcony and smoothly followed it through with a sword slash, knocking her over the edge in the process.

Sakura let out a short scream a she felt a sharp pain in her gut. After a minute or two she looked up to see her mother and the unknown ninja still fighting on the balcony, and her mother was losing. Sakura could feel that her chakra wasn't flowing right but she couldn't tell why. After concentrating for a second, she managed to channel some of her chakra into a branch near the mystery ninja. The branch then reached out and grabbed the ninja's arm as he went to attack again. As soon as the assassin stopped to look at it, he got nailed by a roundhouse kick to the back of the head by Ayane.

Sakura looked over at where her legs were laying then looked up at her mother, "I'm going to die aren't I?" "No, don't say that dear. You’re going to be fine." "What? I got cut in half, mother. How could I be okay?" "Erm.... Well, you're not bleeding. The wound kind of turned into a green scar instead of bleeding." "Huh???" Sakura's mother then smiled, "Yeah you're going to be okay. If you were mortally wounded I doubt you'd be this talkative."

(Okay I didn't type that up all at once, but it goes together as a single section.)

Section 2:

Ayane wiped her eyes as she started to pick up Sakura.

"Hey where'd that guy go?" Sakura said.

"Oh he's tied up at the moment. It actually took longer to cut the Tree branch off his arm than it did to tie him up." *starts carrying Sakura back into the house*

"Whoa... I didn't know it would grab him THAT tight." Sakura said as she looked over at a 1-inch tree branch that had wrapped itself around the assassin’s arm.

"Heh, I guess that Melara wasn't kidding about giving you a bloodline trait. 1: You're not dead, and 2: manipulating plants like that is something most people find to be rather difficult."

"Really? I guess that's why it wasn't part of the instructions at the academy. I don't remember them mentioning it at all..."

"Well the First Hokage was known to be quite skilled with them, but there are almost no other people I know of that can." Ayane said.

(This section didn't come out well and will probably get changed later.)

section 3:

The next morning Sakura was sleeping in her bed, when she was awakened by a knocking on her door. "Who’s there?" she said.

"Kakashi, Naruto and Rock Lee are here to see you, dear." Ayane said.

"Let them in..."

"Hey how are you feeling?" Kakashi said.

"Better, I can move almost normally now." Sakura said as she started to slide out of the bed. As she did so the group in the room noticed a bright green scar just above her waist.

"Oh no!!" Rock Lee exclaimed. "They really weren't joking when they said you got cut in half were they?"

"Nope, I'm afraid not." Sakura replied. "It didn't really hurt all that much though..."

"I wish I could have been there to stop him...” Lee practically cried.

"I don’t know..." Kakashi said, "There’s a good chance that if you'd been there we'd be putting flowers on your grave instead of giving you a "get well" card."

"Hmmm I guess Kakashi-sensei has a point bushy-brows." Naruto said laughing, "Knowing you you'd have jumped in front of the guy's sword."

"NARUTO!!" Sakura yelled out. "That was uncalled for!"

"Ermm...” Naruto said as he looked over at Lee, "Sorry I guess I got carried away there." "But..." Naruto said as he looked over at Sakura, "so what else can you do? Other than putting yourself back together?"

"Uh... I haven't really had much time to practice." Sakura replied. "All I've actually felt up to was playing with some of the flowers people gave me." Sakura then picked up a rose and they watched as it wrapped itself around her arm.

"Well that's kind of lame..." Naruto started to say before Sakura went to hit him.

"Huh??" everybody said almost in unison as the rose Sakura'd wrapped around her arm suddenly reacted to the rush of Chakra and wrapped itself around Naruto's throat.

"Okay..." Kakashi said hurriedly, "I was going to point out that Sakura'd made a rather good amount of progress already, but that'd be redundant now..."

"I'll say...” Naruto replied as he struggled with the vine around his neck. "Get this thing off of me!!!"

"Um sure...." Sakura said as if slightly dazed. She then focused for a second and the rose went back to the way it was before.

"Wow... this is interesting. I think Naruto's the only person I've ever seen annoy my daughter quite that badly." Ayane said, right before everybody in the room suddenly turned to stare at her as if they'd forgotten she was there. "Anyways let's go wait downstairs while she gets changed shall we?"

----------------------------

Meanwhile two female figures suddenly appeared hidden within the branches of a nearby tree. Both were tall with dark green hair and green skin, but one was heavily muscled and the other considerably less so.

The larger of the two looked around for a few seconds before speaking. "We're not alone here."

The smaller looked stunned for a second before replying. "What do you mean? We're in the middle of a city!!"

The larger sighed and replied "Rossa.... that's not what I meant. Of course we're surrounded by the inhabitants of this place. But there's someone here who doesn't belong, probably someone from where we're from."

Rossa looked scared for a moment then said, "Wait... Kara, ma'am, isn't Melara supposed to be here?"

"She's going to be here, but not just yet. In case you forgot she didn't exactly invite us." Kara replied. "And if we were able to get here then somebody else probably did too."

"But I thought it took somebody with your skills to do something like that..."

Kara ran her fingers through her hair breifly before replying. "I'm one of the best, but I doubt it'd take quite that much skill simply to find this place. It'd take mostly a combination of strong senses and good data aggregation skills. the abilities required don't really even need to be weilded by the same person."

Rossa turned and looked around with a terrified look on her face.

"Relax." Kara commanded. "I doubt they're here to cause trouble. Besides, there's really not that many who can do that AND hide from me. But once again it's not required that the person be both."

"Oh.. great... We're in a strange dimension, looking for the daughter of "The Destroyer", and we need to worry about getting attacked too...." Rossa whimpered.

"You REEAALLYYY spend too much time in the library. Quit worrying already. It's not as bad as you seem to think. In case you forgot, I know most of the people that could do this. I know Melara and Striya personally."

"WHAT?!?! Why did you want to get to know Striya the Destroyer???"

-------------------------

"That's a bit complicated, but let's just say that when you specialize in studying combat, you can't really avoid challenges.", Kara replied with a sage-like look on her face.

"Huh? I don't get it...", came the slightly dazed reply.

"It's simple." came the exasperated reply. "A warrior doesn't always get to choose their battles. Choosing your battles is one thing, but constantly avoiding challenges is another. If your skills are never used in situations where you're not sure how effective they'll be, you'll eventually find yourself to be very one-sided and only effective as a fighter in certain situations."

"But why Striya? She's not the only one...." Rossa wondered outloud.

"It's a bit complex.. I'll explain some other time. Right now we have other things to do." Kara replied. "Let's go find this "Sakura Haruno" that Melara was talking about."

The two turned and walked under a tree in the direction of Sakura's house. As soon as they had stepped into the shows under the tree, a huge figure dropped down hanging from one of the branches. Rossa quickly shreiked as the dark green figure quickly spread a pair of wide bat-like wings open to reveal a green scaly humanoid figure around 8 feet tall.

"hmm, so why are you here?" Kara calmly asked, "I didn't see you on Melara's guest list."

"What? You were able to acquire the entire list?" the figure said. "You must be good if you could hack the transmission that well."

Kara stood there and stared with a grin on her face for a second before replying. "And? In case you hadn't noticed I'm not the only one."

"I heard what you were saying earlier, but how do you know it wasn't me?"

"Simple. I was able to track you. Whoever else is here I haven't been able to track them down yet. But I know there's at least two of them." Kara replied with a smirk on her face.

"Oh... I thought I felt something weird. I didn't really think it could be THAT." the figure replied.

"Erm... Just a minute..." Rossa spoke up. "Who are you and why are you here?" she demanded.

• 3 weeks later...
(cool, I like..., I had an idea maybe could make an interactive one where someone else postes with you... by the way which Naruto character you think i'd be most like... I think Hinata.... she's kind and sweet... well anyway keep going I love your fan-ficy)
That's certainly an interesting idea.... Please tell me more.
  • 2 weeks later...

Here's the new section:

"Weeellll.... First I'm Kurona Vlaznik, and second I'm here for the same reason you are. Except that Melara actually knows me, and thus will not see me as a threat."

Rossa let out a small squeek when she heard the word threat.

Kurona continued, "She'd recognize Kara, but that's mainly because Kara's not a nobody. But don't worry, unless you did something to piss her of really bad, she wouldn't bother beating you up. But enough about that, It's not why we're here is it?"

Kara chuckled for a second before replying, "No it's not. Hmm.... Kurona Vlaznik.... I seem to remember you being towards the bottom of your class.... But considering how high a standard you had to meet that's a remarkable accomplishment. Especially when you consider that your teacher was Striya Nirbak. I've heard her more recent classes were vastly toned down, but you were in her FIRST class. To pass that requires real talent."

"Thank you." Kurona replied. "But enough about me, Melara's gonna be here soon and you said there were others around here somewhere."

"Yes. I suppose we should get moving." Kara replied as Kurona changed from her massive 8-foot frame to a muscular female 5'9" frame.

Kurona looked rather contemplative as she walked out of the shadows, "So what did you notice that I didn't?"

"Well for one, Sakura Haruno isn't the only person who had their DNA get re-written. You probably didn't notice since this other one is rather far away, and you've only been here a few minutes." The three then started walking along a row of roofs towards where Sakura was. "There is one bit of info this gives us though. The second person didn't really have their DNA CHANGED. It looks like their body was reconstructed completely. I'm not sure why she'd have done a total reconstruction yet, but the signature appears to be that of Phantasma."

"Susanna la Phantasma?" Kurona replied with a slightly shocked look. "You mean the Skeletoid mistress of invisibility?"

"Yes. One of the few people who's good enough at it to hide from my senses. If she sticks around long enough I'm sure I'll find her eventually though."

"hmm... well at least I know why I didn't pick her up. What of the others?"

"Well...." Kara slowly replied, "I'm not sure, the faint traces I could sense felt like bits of energy from at least two people, but it's too faint for me to even confirm that Phantasma's here."

As they approached their destination they noticed a small commotion.

• 2 weeks later...

Here's the plot summary for you.

Rossa, Kurona, and Kara find Sakura.

Melara shows up. Neji angers Melara by suggesting that Sakura's new abilities are virtually useless. Melara then sugests that Sakura should beat him up. Sakura protests about her health and lack of equipment(she didn't wear her minja tools). At which point Melara uses a genjutsu to show her several ways to use her new abilities, and orders her to beat the crap out of Neji.

While this is going on, several bystanders have appeared. Among them are several ninja from Konoha, and a pair of Ice-Ninja that Melara invited.

Sakura finally fights Neji. After figuring out one of the techniques Melara had shown them previously Sakura finally wins using one of the techniques that Melara had shown her with the genjutsu. A technique similar to the gentle fist, except that it uses a botanically derived neurotoxin to temporarily paralyze the opponent.

A little while after this, one of the ice ninjas gives Ino the same sort of powers he has.(he uses Biotransmutation after asking her if it was okay)(the new abilities are sort of halfway between Haku and Subzero)

Kara also gives Tenten abilities similar to Striya's(and by extension Melara), but not with Biotransmutation. Kara has a unique hijutsu move that allows her to completely restructure matter to any form she wishes. (Yes the total effect is the same in this case)(the new abilities are augmented strength, toughness, greatly enhanced senses, and heightened chakra)

Somewhere in here Phantasma and a male Djinn(kinda like a genie), show up and explain why Phantasma felt the need to create a completely new body for someone. And along in here an explanation is given for why they've felt the need to give people Bloodline abilities.(the fact that most of them were dying out) Temari and Rock Lee are secretly given bloodline abilities that somewhat augment their abilities as well.

Later while Tenten and Ino are trying to master their new abilities, an ANBU team discusses the issue with Inoichi Yamanaka. Tenten bumps into Temari, while simultaneously Ino finds the person whose body was completely rebuilt, Kin Tsuchi. (Kin was as sort of sacrifice so her new one won't work well for this, she now has greatly augmented recuperative powers)

Hmm... interesting. It's kinda mixed up in the time line. at this point it'd be singular.

"someone had claimed to have seen mysterious outsiders granting new power to a few form the leaf village and other villages"

would be better as:

"someone had claimed to that a mysterious outsider had granted new power to someone from the leaf village"

Hehe... I like it though.

Pretty good. I'm gonna use your idea about Neji feeling threatened by his clan not being as unique. :tounge2:

As the group silently approached their destination the cause of the disturbance became clear. A leaf ninja with pale white eyes and a strange looking black cap had approached Sakura Haruno.

"hmm... Melara didn't mention them." Kurona said.

"Them?" rossa replied, "I only see.."

Before Rossa could finish the sentence, Kara pointed to a girl hiding in a tree behind Sakura. "Well it looks like we're about to find out the easy way." Kara said as she looked to her left.

The air rippled slightly before a figure in black appeared standing next to Kara. "Right. The guy in the funny hat is Neji Hyuuga, and the girl hiding in the tree is Hinata Hyuuga." Melara said.

"Part of that problem you mentioned or part of the solution?" Kurona said.

"At the moment I can't really say either. The Hyuuga clan is currently one of the most populous clans, at least among those that have "special abilities", Melara replied. "If they were to start feeling that their position was threatened they might not react in a favorable way." Melara then paused for a few seconds with an irritated look on her face, before saying, "Well it looks like it's no longer a theoretical statment. It seems we've found one who does feel that way."

Over near the Haruno residence, Neji had confronted Sakura and demanded she tell him where the person who'd changed her abilities had gone.

"I don't know where she went." Sakura stammered. "She just disappeared."

"What?" Neji replied, "Why would she just leave like that? Unless she's a coward."

Sakura suddenly jumped as a small flash of light advertised Melara's arrival less than three feet from her. "This guy's pissing me off. Kick his ass before I do it myself." Melara said to Sakura in a commanding voice.

• 4 weeks later...

I know... It's been a while.... but..

----------------------------------------

Sakura stammered for a few moments in shock, before realizing she wasn't dressed for battle.

Sakura started to protest, but Melara cut her off. "A real warrior doesn't need weapons." Melara's eyes took on a weird glow as she continued, "ninja or not your primary weapon should always be your mind."

Sakura shook her head as if recovering from a daze. She then took a few steps towards Neji before shifting into a fighting stance. "What was that?", she thought, "That look in her eyes... I...I.,. What was that...... It was like sitting through a week's worth of lectures in five seconds....."

"So you really do intend to fight me." Neji said, before quickly jabbing Sakura in the arm several times. "you don't stand a chance against me. With or without some weird powers..." Neji stared at her for a moment as he wondered just how it was she was standing in the first place.... His Byakugan let him see that she had very little chakra flowing between her upper body and her lower body. Before Sakura had much time to react he quickly aimed a similar strike at her upper arm.

"Not again... I haven't even figured out what this... wait...." Sakura thought, right as Neji started another strike. This time Sakura channelled a little bit of Chakra into her skin right where Neji was about to strike. Neji recoiled in pain as he jabbed his finger into a thorn.

Then Sakura flexed her injured arm and he saw what was allowing her to stand. When she flexed her arm it shifted her chakra flow around the damaged chakra points. Somehow her new powers made her internal structure far more flexible than that of a normal person. Any damage he did to her chakra flow would heal in a matter of minutes rather than a matter of days. "well this is a nasty surprise...." Neji thought. "Well I do know other ways to disable opponents."

• 2 weeks later...

Sakura stopped with a start as Neji drew several Shuriken and Kunai. She started to worry about the fact that she didn't have any weapons, not even the rose she had used on Naruto. Then she got this weird feeling in the back of her mind, like she'd done something she hadn't done, something she didn't know even could be done. She watched with a dull distracted look in her eyes as Neji threw one of his Kunai at her.

(sorry I had to cut it short)

(Cool, so the other 2 legendary ninja fight orochimaru..., will gamabota return? the chief toad... i liked him)
Gamabunta and Tsunade's slug team up to fight Orochimaru's giant snake summon. :ws-slimecrazy:

any ways...

Sakura saw in her mind what it felt like to use a technique she didn't even know the name of. In an instant she saw/remembered that it could be used to block a Kunai. Immediately she channeled enough chakra into the palm of her hand to form a small shield directly in the path of the kunai.

Neji stopped with a start as he saw the green flash of light appear. "What the? I've never seen that technique before." He thought, "time to find out if it's really just a cheap knock off of my rotation or not." Neji then took three shuriken threw one directly at Sakura then ran to the left and threw the others at her seperately. "If this really is some sort of copy of Rotation then she should be able to block them all simultaneously."

Sakura took the glob of energy collected in her hand and shaped it into a blade. then she parried the three shuriken throws with the blade. "I can make a sword with this technique?" she wondered to herself.

Meanwhile, Kara was looking at nothing in particular while she tried to pinpoint the uninvited guests she had sensed earlier. She then felt a sort of shadow moving around her before the a very pale skinned woman in a white, metallic suit appeared. "Hello Susanna." Kara said.

"hmmph.... I knew you'd find me..... sooner or later. But, the important question is before us." Phantasma said as she gestured towards Sakura and Neji. "Is Melara really as good as her mother, Striya?"

Kara looked over at the ghastly pale woman and relied. "No." Then turned back to the fight with a weird smirk on her face.

"You know something I don't.... What?"

"Hehe... You'll find out soon, but regardless, you didn't hear this from me." Kara said with a grin. "Striya has done something people thought might be impossible. The Skeletoids, such as yourself, are no longer the only subset of Mutaxin. The Hydrargyrum Regians are no longer extinct."

"WhaT!?" Susanna said with a gasp, "I thought they got killed off in the Dai magran conflict. The last I heard there weren't any known survivors, and the remaining traces of their DNA were unusable for doing a reconstruction."

"Well... That wasn't quite the whole story." Kara turned towards Susanna with a weird glow in her eyes.

Susanna saw in her mind a picture of Striya meeting with an unidentified Mutaxin. Then she heard as a sort of telepathic voice-over, "As you know Mutaxin have such a wide assortment of, well you know them as "power genes", but the locals would probably call them "kekkei genkai" or "bloodline trait". There are simply so many of them in the Mutaxin genepool that the only Mutaxin that ever seem to have the same abilities are typically identical twins. But as a group this makes you weird more than powerful. Not knowing the exact way your abilities will manifest themselves makes training rather hazardous at times."

"Skip to the point" Susanna interjected.

"Um right... Well the Hydrargyrum Regians were never the only Mutaxin to have the genes associated with their abilities. But most of these genes did little good on their own and could prove fatal if combined with certain others. This woman was different, she was somehow related to them, but didn't have quite enough of the genes to have their abilities."

"This doesn't sound so particularly impressive."

"Ah! But there's one thing you're missing. It's never been documented what geneset is required to actually have the Liquid metal trait manifest itself. Striya had to figure that out, what I don't get is WHY Striya went to such a great length to secure this woman's employment, but I'll find out sooner or later."

"Are you sure she actually has those powers?!?"

"I was waiting for you to ask." The view then shifted to the inside of an office building with two intruders hurriedly looking for something. The two then ran over what appeared to be a rug before it turned to a metallic liquid a started to ooze up around them. The two men stared at it in fright as it changed into a woman holding them by the throat. "Oh yes," Kara continued, "I'm sure of that."

Susanna blinked for a second as she went back to normal. "wow.... " she said as she looked back at Sakura, "Melara did a good job there, but.... That was mind numbing..... If there was any doubt that Striya was a genius it's gone now."

"Well, I'm sure there will be some sort of "alternate explanation". Probably involving one of those earlier attempts and speculation as to what Striya's actual source material was." Kara replied. "but it'll be a half baked excuse." Kara pointed at herself, "We know what she did 15 years ago. That was no fluke. Striya pulled off something no one in the universe had dared try. This may be a less grand scale, but it may have a more lasting impact."

"Yeah, I agree. Giant wormholes have been done to death. Uber-fast travel is boring. Granted she set new records in both, but they'd have been done eventually. this? maybe not." said a man standing to Kara's left.

"BTW I'm leaving now." Susanna said, "Could you take Karfa with you?"

"I guess so." Kara replied before Susanna disappeared in a burst of eerie light.

ENJOY!

• 1 month later...

"So what was she up to?" Kara asked Karfa. "I know she was doing something before I got here."

"Ahh... Well that's a bit of an interesting situation." he replied, "We happened to find someone who needed our help, and provided it."

"How does helping someone require bio-engineering?"

"Hehe.... when we found her she was nothing but a wandering spirit. Her body had been destroyed and was useless to us. So to help we had to make a new body for her."

"huh? Useless how?"

"I'm not really sure... It looks like she was used as raw material for making something."

"Okay that is strange.... What could someone do that required a live human as a material?"

"Hehe.... we were able to identify the way her body was dismantled and adjust her new one to resist what ever it was that killed her the first time."

"ahhh... that makes sense. Still.... That was more than just peculiar... More like extremely ominous." Kara said.

• 2 weeks later...

Neji looked at the energy blade that had suddenly appeared in Sakura's hand in shock. "There's no way someone like her could have learned a technique that powerful." He thought, "Only the most elite ninjas have such powerful techniques. But wait.... Her wound! I don't know how but it's halfway healed while we were fighting. Though she didn't even notice, so it must be either part of her new abilities, or assistance from outside, though I'm sure I'd have sensed it if someone had tried to help her during the fight. So how do I beat her? I doubt the village leaders would be all that happy if I were to kill her, but at the moment I can't think of anything else. I wonder.... She's not as fast as me. Let's see how well I can put that to my advantage"

• 3 weeks later...

Kara turned towards Melara, "So where are your other "guests"?"

Melara slowly replied, "Janik and Jana Cryint should be here soon, Kurona's brother was "busy", and everybody else decided they'd rather not come in person at all."

"And the plan?"

"It's still viable. More would have been nice, but it's not necessary, Karfa and Phantasma saw to that."

"hmm..." Karfa said as he slowly disappeared.

Kara quickly looked over at where he used to be. "I guess he didn't know about the plan. Which makes what they did even more odd."

"Any idea how good Karfa is?"

"I figure he'll probably just give somebody Djinn abilities and leave it at that." Kara replied, "He's the sort to not get creative unless it's necessary."

"Kinda odd for a Djinn..... they typically don't do things the same way twice."

"He'll probably add a slight twist, just to make it unique, like not changing the person's appearance at all. Even though Djinn don't look the same as normal humans it's just cosmetic."

Kara and Melara watched the fight for a few more seconds before two figures, one male, one female, with blue hair and icy-blue skin appeared behind them.

"So this place is just as depressing as Melara described it." the man said as his breath turned to frost. "I'm Janik Cryint, it's an honor to meet you Mrs. Bourgeious."

"Nice to meet you. That many and only two Cryons showed up?"

"I suppose that most of those that did want to come had other things they needed to do." Jana said. "What's the status?"

"3 down. Total will preferably be at least six, each with different abilities." Melara replied.

"Karfa hasn't actually done anything yet though." Kara replied. "It's more like 2 down and one probable."

"Hmm... this should be easy." Jana said before disappearing.

"Agreed." Kara said before turning to face Melara and Rossa. "You guys watch the fight to make sure I don't miss anything interesting. I'm gonna go talk to my intended target."

"Same here." Janik said before the two disappeared.

Archived