Taloon's Quest Info Updated

Woodus

Thanks to Plattym3 for the Box List, Bread List, Herb List, Monster List (with sprites), Ring List, Scroll List, Seed List, Shield List, Staff List, Weapon List for Taloon's Quest for the SNES (Torneko no Daibouken - Fushigi no Dungeon)

I have updated all the sprites so they are all uniform and have turned them into avatars for the site as well, they are in the "tq1snes sprite" gallery.

Guest Plattym3

You're of course, welcome!

Look for the walkthru soon. Just need to sift through the 400+ screenshots (and actually gather some more) I have to piece together the walkthru.

Also remember that Trick Bags steal your money and then warp to a random location on the floor, and then you have to find them and get that money back.

I thought that was right, but wasn't sure of my memory, I added that to the Trick Bag info.

I am going to update as well the monsters that are blurry to get more pixel extact captures from the game.

Guest Plattym3
I am going to update as well the monsters that are blurry to get more pixel extact captures from the game.

Let me know which ones, as I need to go down to the 20th or so floor again and I already have probably 4-5 images of each monster to begin with.

If you look at the list you can see which ones don't look quite right. If you want you can send them to me but it is easier to make the sprite image if you turn the background off (I think it was number 3 in ZSNES)

Edit: I was wrong it was number 2 and it only covers the "lit" area of the screen but that usually works.

Guest Plattym3
If you look at the list you can see which ones don't look quite right. If you want you can send them to me but it is easier to make the sprite image if you turn the background off (I think it was number 3 in ZSNES)

I did turn the background off, but I know what the problem is I think. There are monsters that have black as part of their coloring. The program I use to make the images transparent takes the color black and makes that transparent. Also, some of the monster pics may look a little odd because each monster has a shadow below them. That shadow is actually part of their sprite image. When I turned off the background, it was still there, and not quite as black as the background, so it didn't get made transparent. Like I said, I've still got to go back in the dungeon to get a couple more things & images for the walkthru. I'll get some stuff to you next weekend probably.

Thanks, but I think I got them all :), I had a saved game and I just went down and got them all this morning, the Green Dragon took the longest to get.

As a fellow TnD fan, I must thank you for the compilation of info! Also remember that Trick Bags steal your money and then warp to a random location on the floor, and then you have to find them and get that money back. This is much like what Demonites do, but with items instead of money.

I have say some thx you for your compilation of info too lol

Archived