New DQM: Joker Scan

Woodus

New Scan for DQM: Joker

Not sure what is says, but new image nonetheless.

Forgot to state I got this from Cubed3

Thanks to Safis for the translation

I can't read everything, but I'll give a rough translation of most of it.

MAIN AREA

- Introducing a new companion on your journey, the <神獣- divine beast?> Spedio!

- A special monster descended from the lineage of the gods - that's a "divine beast"!

- This divine beast holds a great key to your adventure. Hiding a great power, what could be Spedio's reason for journeying alongside our hero...?

- The holy monster releases a giant electric shock!!

- (Spedio uses somewhat archaic language)

- He seems to have an attitude of hating humans. Why is he travelling with our hero...?

BOTTOM PANEL

- Presenting the families housing over 200 different monsters!!

- Slime family: With Slime and Red Slime, etc, these are the familiar DQ monsters!

- Dragon family: Good at breath attacks hitting all monsters, the Dragon family is strong against enemy fire-based attacks.

- Material family: The family of objects with hearts that have turned into monsters. Full of monsters with strange shapes.

- Devil family: Making use of spells, and having strong attack power, these are all-purpose monsters.

- Nature family: The family springing forth from plentiful nature. Aside from beasts, there are also bugs and plants. (The text beside it basically repeats that, confirming that Beast, Bug, and Plant are combined into one Nature family.)

- Zombie family: Weak against holy spells, the family made up of the undead. (On the side, Are holy spells their only weakness?)

- Magic Beast family: A gathering of beast monsters boasting strong magic. Are there many with weapons?

UPPER LEFT PANEL

- Does this mysterious stone monument hold a secret to Spedio...?

- A mysterious stone monument the hero comes across during his journey. There is an ancient message inscribed in the stone. This message enshrouded in mystery appears to contain a secret hidden by the divine beast...

- Wandering around on the field, the hero has stumbled upon the broken-down ruins of a temple! In the middle of the temple, a stone with a riddle can be seen.

- A few intermittent words can be read. "Beast .... from ancient times" - could that be Spedio?

BOTTOM LEFT PANEL

- Shocking scoop!!!

- The story will take place over an expansive sea and seven islands!

- The world of DQMJ has at last been confirmed. Its name is the Archipelago of Granbool! We'll introduce two of the islands from among the archipelago. There seems to exist another strange island [or strange islands]!

- Traverse the waters freely on your aquatic bike!

- The hero, skilled at operating the aquatic bike. High speed travel from island to island is now possible!

- Alcapolis Island: A futuristic city in the center of the archipelago. Monster masters from around the world gather here to participate in the "Battle GP".

- Novice Island: A lush, green island situated in the north. Populated with slimes and other tiny monsters, this is the place for monster masters just starting out.

I can't read everything, but I'll give a rough translation of most of it.

MAIN AREA

- Introducing a new companion on your journey, the <神獣- divine beast?> Spedio!

- A special monster descended from the lineage of the gods - that's a "divine beast"!

- This divine beast holds a great key to your adventure. Hiding a great power, what could be Spedio's reason for journeying alongside our hero...?

- The holy monster releases a giant electric shock!!

- (Spedio uses somewhat archaic language)

- He seems to have an attitude of hating humans. Why is he travelling with our hero...?

BOTTOM PANEL

- Presenting the families housing over 200 different monsters!!

- Slime family: With Slime and Red Slime, etc, these are the familiar DQ monsters!

- Dragon family: Good at breath attacks hitting all monsters, the Dragon family is strong against enemy fire-based attacks.

- Material family: The family of objects with hearts that have turned into monsters. Full of monsters with strange shapes.

- Devil family: Making use of spells, and having strong attack power, these are all-purpose monsters.

- Nature family: The family springing forth from plentiful nature. Aside from beasts, there are also bugs and plants. (The text beside it basically repeats that, confirming that Beast, Bug, and Plant are combined into one Nature family.)

- Zombie family: Weak against holy spells, the family made up of the undead. (On the side, Are holy spells their only weakness?)

- Magic Beast family: A gathering of beast monsters boasting strong magic. Are there many with weapons?

UPPER LEFT PANEL

- Does this mysterious stone monument hold a secret to Spedio...?

- A mysterious stone monument the hero comes across during his journey. There is an ancient message inscribed in the stone. This message enshrouded in mystery appears to contain a secret hidden by the divine beast...

- Wandering around on the field, the hero has stumbled upon the broken-down ruins of a temple! In the middle of the temple, a stone with a riddle can be seen.

- A few intermittent words can be read. "Beast .... from ancient times" - could that be Spedio?

BOTTOM LEFT PANEL

- Shocking scoop!!!

- The story will take place over an expansive sea and seven islands!

- The world of DQMJ has at last been confirmed. Its name is the Archipelago of Granbool! We'll introduce two of the islands from among the archipelago. There seems to exist another strange island [or strange islands]!

- Traverse the waters freely on your aquatic bike!

- The hero, skilled at operating the aquatic bike. High speed travel from island to island is now possible!

- Alcapolis Island: A futuristic city in the center of the archipelago. Monster masters from around the world gather here to participate in the "Battle GP".

- Novice Island: A lush, green island situated in the north. Populated with slimes and other tiny monsters, this is the place for monster masters just starting out.

Thanks for the translation Safis. Looks like they went the dqm:ch monster family route by combining to get a lower monster family count. Nature family must be huge now since it contains 3 of the older monster families. I'm surprised no water family though especially since there is water travel. I guess since they stated over 200 different monsters it will have less than dqm2 but more than dqm:ch.

Guest Plattym3

WOW, thanks Safis! That was nice of you to translate.

I'm sure the nature family will be culled to have approximately the same number as the other families. There will just be fewer individual bugs, plants, etc.

Sounds interesting. I can't wait for news of an upcoming US release.

Very nice Safis, thank you, I am going to include that in the orignal post so it shows on the main site :)

Thanks very much Safis! We now know loads of key facts about the game, this is huge!

You're very welcome :wd_coolslime:

There seems to be quite a bit of improvement in the DQM series going into this one. I don't have a DS, so I probably won't get the chance to play it, but it's looking quite interesting so far anyway.

And welcome to the site, Leaf! :thumbsup:

Archived