Dragon Quest IX on XBOX and PS3

Woodus

What, not on the Wii? That both surprises and upsets me. With DQ Swords as a possible launch title, they clearly have some interest in the Wii, and it looks like a lot of gamers will be buying the much cheaper Wii but not the X360 or the PS3. Dragon Quest has never been a graphics-intensive series, so there's not question in my mind that the technical specs are the reason not to release it on the Wii. I'd think they'd have much better sales that way, but it looks like they don't think so (or care...).

Well the previous article in the other thread says that Dragon Quest Swords may not come out as soon as they expected, which could mean they're having some problems with Nintendo or they are just behind schedule (as always.)

But also if Square-Enix spreads the Dragon Quest series to all three major console systems (X-box, PS3, and Wii) they will have a much larger fanbase than just one system. That way they will be able to reach all of the gamers, and not spend all the money needed to bring every single one of their games to every single platform.

Personally, I would much rather have them put it on all three systems, but due to their new ideas in evolving the gaming industry (stated before from the Square-Enix president) they are on a limited budget.

I'm just glad there is going to be a DQIX :thumbsup:

Guest Plattym3

I think with graphics issues, we won't be seeing many cross platforming games coming to the Wii. The 360 & PS3 seem to have similar drives/graphics, but Wii is way behind. Might be hard to do cross platform with that. Also, the controls would have to be radically redesigned for the Wii controller.

I'm glad to see that DQIX is spreading to a wider audience and being released on the PS3 and X-BOX but I'm also sad because the Wii is the only one of the three I can afford. :P

Update: Seems that we posted a mistranslation. According to IGN's translation Wada's words were "We plan on solidifying our plans by E3 to offer both on the PS3 and Xbox 360, or place both on just one [system]," which indicate Square-Enix is considering the possibility to offer the titles on both the X360 and PS3.
Meh... Turns out wasn't anything we didn't really already know...

Archived