Dragon Quest VIII Price Drops

Woodus

Source: PSXExtreme.com

Dragon Quest VIII Drops

It may hold absolute rule over the market in Japan, but it seems Dragon Quest still hasn't quite caught on over here. The original Dragon Quest probably still holds the most sales if you count the free copies Nintendo Power offered to anyone renewing their subscription.

Countless clearances and sales have offered discounts on last year's Dragon Quest VIII - a finely-crafted RPG by all accounts - but it appears that an official price drop has finally been announced. The game is now down to $19.99 at EBGames/Gamestop/Best Buy. If three of the biggest video game retailers are dropping it, others are surely to follow.

If you like RPGs at all and still haven't give Dragon Quest VIII a chance, don't let an opportunity like this slip through your fingers! Old-school battle system aside (which some people might initially find tedious), it's length and beauty more than justify even the original retail price.

Thats why you can't count number of copies shipped as number of copies sold. People that said dq8 sold 750k copies in NA are crazy. In my city there were a couple thousand copies of the game in the Gamestops alone still.

my god

How evil

And even Xplay could see that DQ8 was great

and if anyone knowns anything about Xplay that they have alot a Fans that hate them

and to be drop to $19 mark now

its such a shame

I assume that the price drop is just a price drop, not getting anything special like being a "Greatest Hit" (I have mixed feelings about this - probably leaning towards being sad). I already felt sad when I saw used versions of the game around the time it was released and seeing a Slime Controller sitting on the floor of an EB not being bought a few days ago. I might pick up an extra copy or two.

I assume that the price drop is just a price drop, not getting anything special like being a "Greatest Hit" (I have mixed feelings about this - probably leaning towards being sad). I already felt sad when I saw used versions of the game around the time it was released and seeing a Slime Controller sitting on the floor of an EB not being bought a few days ago. I might pick up an extra copy or two.

I been thinking about geting Slime Controller

Be nice own DQ item thats not a game XD

Such a shame for great games to be throw in fire places of USA gamers

;) It's that damn Final Fantasy VII bug that's been going around ever since Advant Children was released...
;) It's that damn Final Fantasy VII bug that's been going around ever since Advant Children was released...

You mean that one that makes it so that youre the only gamer in a 20 mile radius that isn't a casual gamer?

• 2 weeks later...

You mean that one that makes it so that youre the only gamer in a 20 mile radius that isn't a casual gamer?

No, its the one that makes you only like a game because it has flashy graphics. FF series has sucked big time since it moved to the Playstation. The last great FF game was FF VI. I have to say that DQVIII is probably the best RPG I have ever played (and I've played a lot).

It's really sad most NA gamers are just Playstation FF graphics fanboys and don't really appreciate a deep storyline.

Guest Plattym3

No, its the one that makes you only like a game because it has flashy graphics. FF series has sucked big time since it moved to the Playstation. The last great FF game was FF VI. I have to say that DQVIII is probably the best RPG I have ever played (and I've played a lot).

It's really sad most NA gamers are just Playstation FF graphics fanboys and don't really appreciate a deep storyline.

You'll find many of us here fell the same way! Welcome to the Den!

Archived