Official DQ8 Community

Woodus

A new member to the community King_Slime has posted about the offical Stateside DQ8 Community. http://www.slimeknights.com

Here are a couple quotes from his post

Interestingly, Squenix has decided to invest itself in a large-scale online marketing campaign through a fan community. Let me get this out in the open to at least allow you to get a sense of my position and bias: I run the official Square-Enix community for the US Release of Dragon Quest VIII. So judge me as you wish. This is Squenix's first attempt at something this interactive online. The fate of future projects of a similar nature will most likely be dependent on the success of this community.

At Slime Knights, you will be challenged to both your wit's and body's end in completing quests that will not only skyrocket you towards prestige but will also garner you tremendous rewards. You will have access to new information directly from the folks at Square-Enix, the #1 RPG company in the world! As a member of the community, you will also earn Mini Medals while helping to promote Dragon Quest VIII and, based on your success rate, you'll have the chance to win some great Dragon Quest VIII prizes. (source: Slime Knights)

You need to apply for the site and get approved. I got my approval today, the site looks pretty cool, you can earn mini-medals by doing tasks on the site and use those to purchase items, like the Slime Controller for the PS2 :)

Use my link to give me a little boodle woodus would like to invite you to become a member of Slime Knights!

Also added the link to the top of the News/Info on Upcoming DQVIII for PS2 forum

slime_knight_1.gif

Guest Plattym3

It's run by a company that I assume Squeenix paid to start it (it's a PR firm), so I doubt it's going anywhere. And about the DWIV Rennaissance, hurry up and finish it. Once it's out there, you can never take it back, so if it's finished soon, no one can stop it.

It's run by a company that I assume Squeenix paid to start it (it's a PR firm), so I doubt it's going anywhere.  And about the DWIV Rennaissance, hurry up and finish it.  Once it's out there, you can never take it back, so if it's finished soon, no one can stop it.

Yeah as Platty said, just try and release it as soon as possible.

Seeing as how the CT Remake Project was only remaking the graphics and planning on using everything else SE had copyrighted, whereas you are simply making a sequel that expands on the original story, I could see SE giving CTRP a C&D and not you. Not to mention DW4 Rennaissance is not nearly as popular as CTRP, thus less likely to be found and stopped..

But even so it probably would be a good idea to get the game finished as soon as possible, once it's released there's no way SE can stop it.

Archived