The Official DQVIII Community is Up and Running!

Guest Plattym3

Did you see who runs this website? It's a PR firm. They're trying to spread the news and create a BUZZ about DQ8. It's actually quite obvious that they'd take more members that are NOT DQ fans. They could spread the word on FF fansites and fansites of dozens of other RPGS. Check out the company that really runs SlimeKnights (it's not Squeenix): http://www.fanpimp.com/

FanPimp™ combines buzz and advocacy marketing, community, research, loyalty and CRM tools to let companies develop in-depth relationships with their customers. Your enthusiasts are empowered, motivated, and rewarded for being passionate about your brand, and you are, in turn, able to gain insight and directly connect with these consumers.

FanPimp involves consumers in the word of mouth (WOM) and viral promotion of consumer products, films, video games, TV shows, music acts and specific promotional campaigns.

Comprehensive reporting and profiling tools provide you with superior insight into your consumers' activity, opinions, and demographics.

FanPimp will greatly enhance your word of mouth and relationship marketing efforts by aggregating and involving consumers in a unique and memorable community experience.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

True, but anything to get the fanbase up is good. I worked with the PR firm for the DW III GBC launch, I got a free game and guide out of the deal :thumbsup:

I just got a e-mail from Square-Enix USA talking about Slimeknights.com. Although, not officially a SE site, it still gots Square-Enix's attention (the e-mail is talking about joining up at Slimeknights.com).

Guest Plattym3

I'm not saying they're bad, I did try to sign up. I'm just pointing out why they wouldn't accept all of us from the Den. Why do they need to get us to spread the word, if the word is already here?

I just got a e-mail from Square-Enix USA talking about Slimeknights.com. Although, not officially a SE site, it still gots Square-Enix's attention (the e-mail is talking about joining up at Slimeknights.com).

Did they say what sort of attention it was? Good attention? or We're-gonna-shut-you-down attention?

[edit] And you gotta hand it to KingSlime. He is probably the first person in history to bring FF and DQ fans together successfully in tranquility.

Did they say what sort of attention it was? Good attention? or We're-gonna-shut-you-down attention?

[edit] And you gotta hand it to KingSlime. He is probably the first person in history to bring FF and DQ fans together successfully in tranquility.

It was good attention. SE USA was pretty much praising it in the e-mail.

Note: If some of you guys got rejected through the application process, there's a second chance to get in if one of your friends are in Slime Knights. (Tell them to check out the news on the site.)

No matter what the case: in the future, Slime Knights will be open to everyone. (No application necessary.)

Druid: Yes, I'm waiting for the riots to ensue or to hear some Sephiroth vs. Orgodemir debates.

Hi MG( ws-trickbagtongue.gif ),

Thanks for signing up to be a part of our Dragon

Quest VIII community; we are very excited to have

so many people interested in joining this

community!

Due to the huge popularity of this program we have

currently reached the maximum number of members at

this time.  But don't despair, we will be adding

more space soon so keep your eyes out for an email

from us in the near future.

Talk to you soon!

King Slime

So that was the rejection letter?

Well, lemme fill you guys in a bit then.

For the most part, the community is Intelligent, and have very open opinions. It's an even mix of FF and DQ fans, And a few unknowns. Unlike this forum, it's not a sausagefest :P

The prizes you can get right now are a DQ T-shirt, FFX-2, The Slime Controller, and a SlimePod (an iPod with Squeenix music preloaded onto it... maybe it's blue, too.)

My only complaint is that the submitted art gallery has a few effortless pictures in it. I'm not saying that everyone should have artistic skill, but...

You didn't like my 3D slime :)

Yeah it was horrible. :P (Link please?)

Sorry Master Goku

woodus_3dslime.gif

My only complaint is that the submitted art gallery has a few effortless pictures in it. I'm not saying that everyone should have artistic skill, but...

I have to say I agree, Woodus's, Keifer's and Femto's are the only good ones. Tifa's, Comunion's and Druid's are also decent and you can tell they at least put in some effort.. Pretty much all the rest of them are very horrible though...

Not that I am an amazing artist or anything, but at least I won't submit anything I make until I am sure it's not complete garbage...

What did you use for that again, is it easy to use?

I have to say I agree, Woodus's, Keifer's and Femto's are the only good ones. Tifa's, Comunion's and Druid's are also decent and you can tell they at least put in some effort.. Pretty much all the rest of them are very horrible though...

Not that I am an amazing artist or anything, but at least I won't submit anything I make until I am sure it's not complete garbage...

$#!& you, I can't draw. That took me as much time as I'd spend on drawing a slime. :P

$#!& you, I can't draw. That took me as much time as I'd spend on drawing a slime. :P

It took me hours to finish King Healie (way too much time considering the quality of the picture), I had to fill in every pixel manually in the crown and background due to my lousy Paint Shop Pro 3.

What did you use for that again, is it easy to use?

I used Wings 3D. Well, it wasn't easy because I had never used it before but my cousin helped me and finally I could make a King Slime. It took me about 2 hours. They have tutorials and general information, that helps a lot.

Here's mine. I used to be able to draw a lot better. I was actually going to submit a slime I drew a long time ago that was a lot better than this one, but I think I threw it out.

[edit] I shouldve cleaned up the picture more, but the eraser I was using was crap.

Anyways, here it is. Sorry if it's a page-stretcher for you low-res users.

slimesketch.png

They are currently at 212 members, so there are quite a few people signed up, just wonder how active they will all be.

I wouldn't worry about it. There's plenty of T-shirts to go around. (And most of us here are in the top 20, giving us a better shot at the controllers) :thumbsup:

I'm just wondering how many opportunities there will be to make a lot of medals. The biggest one now is the mall event that I can't make. I'll probably skip the T-shirt to save for a controller, depending on how things go. Well, I suppose that's the fun of it.

Archived