The Official DQVIII Community is Up and Running!

Hey hey. Just introducing myself before I go crazy on these forums. (Not sure if this post is in the right area.) I'm Slime_King and right now, my current obsession revolves around the upcoming release of Dragon Quest VIII.

For those of you who have imported DQVIII from the Land of the Rising Sun, be forewarned that there are numerous changes to the American version of the Squenix #1 RPG. These include the addition of voices, an updated graphical-user interface, and other significant US-friendly adjustments. So if you're still drooling over the Japanese screenshots, you've got another thing coming at you November 15th.

Interestingly, Squenix has decided to invest itself in a large-scale online marketing campaign through a fan community. Let me get this out in the open to at least allow you to get a sense of my position and bias: I run the official Square-Enix community for the US Release of Dragon Quest VIII. So judge me as you wish. This is Squenix's first attempt at something this interactive online. The fate of future projects of a similar nature will most likely be dependent on the success of this community.

At Slime Knights, you will be challenged to both your wit's and body's end in completing quests that will not only skyrocket you towards prestige but will also garner you tremendous rewards. You will have access to new information directly from the folks at Square-Enix, the #1 RPG company in the world! As a member of the community, you will also earn Mini Medals while helping to promote Dragon Quest VIII and, based on your success rate, you'll have the chance to win some great Dragon Quest VIII prizes. (source: Slime Knights)

So yes, the Squenix community site for Dragon Quest VIII is up and running. So fill out your application and help make this game a success!

Is anyone else going crazy about this game? I'm trying to play my older Squenix RPGs to hold me over, but no luck.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Awesome! :):biggrin::wd_coolslime::thumbsup:

Yeah, I joined the DQVIII Community. :)

So is this some sort of selective process?

Looks like a great idea to get a lot of people interested in Dragon Quest. A "street team" of sorts. I'm down :P

;) I'll sign up later on tonight, the community sounds interesting.

Just signed up :D. Looks really good! Thanks for informing us, about this well made site, and welcome to Dragon's Den, King_Slime. :biggrin:

Neat! Though, is entering your adress necessary for people not living in USA/Canada? I'm a little paranoid, heh.  :alien:

It is mandatory. However, the data is only used for demographic/market research purposes. We won't be sending you anything and we won't be sharing your information with anyone. The Privacy Policy is on the main page. Hope to see you a member of the team! XD

Neat! Though, is entering your adress necessary for people not living in USA/Canada? I'm a little paranoid, heh.  :alien:

It is mandatory. However, the data is only used for demographic/market research purposes. We won't be sending you anything and we won't be sharing your information with anyone. The Privacy Policy is on the main page. Hope to see you a member of the team! XD

Seems like a cool idea, I've signed up.

;) Consider me a Slime Padawon right now since I just registered, but after my validation, I guess I'll be a full fledge Slime Knight. :D Yay!

The site should be opening later this week. We'll be going through applications then.

Also, you pick your handle once your application is accepted -- if it is accepted, that is. XD

To increase your chances of being accepted, make sure to fill all the entries!

Welcome to my community, sorry I haven't posted sooner, I have registered, looks very promising. If I get accepted will I be able to repeat any info if it is early release info here to my members?

When I signed up I had no idea it was a selective process; it didn't say anywhere. I only knew after it had been submitted. Can I change my application?

The site should be opening later this week. We'll be going through applications then.

Also, you pick your handle once your application is accepted -- if it is accepted, that is. XD

To increase your chances of being accepted, make sure to fill all the entries!

I believe I filled in everything except the games site one, because I couldn't think of an uncommon site at the time. Will that be a problem?

I sent in my application... Thanks for the information King_Slime it's great to see that Square Enix is trying very hard to get DQ8 out to the public.

Woo hoo, I have been accepted!!!! :):wd_coolslime:

Congratulations... we want you to join the Slime

Knights!

Many recruits applied, but only an  elite few have

been chosen.  Accept our invitation, and you'll

get:

* Access to exclusive content about Dragon Quest

VIII

* To be a part of a fantastic community of fans of

Dragon Quest

* Fantastic rewards, including T-shirts, DVDs, and

some amazing grand prizes.