Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

kingmetal

dqV dqVI

I JUST WON COMPLETE COPIES OF DQ5 AND DQ6 OFF EBAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

both games come with all booklets and manuals and inserts and boxes and everything! this is goona be great. if any of you have any information on these games that would be helpful to me it would be great; being that they will be in japanese and i don't speak or read a word of it. :P

sorry for the double post but i just wanted to say

THEY ONLY COST ME 39 BUCKS FOR THE PAIR WITH THE SHIPPING INCLUDED!

i'm very excited if you can't tell. :devil:

Guest Plattym3
I JUST WON COMPLETE COPIES OF DQ5 AND DQ6 OFF EBAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

both games come with all booklets and manuals and inserts and boxes and everything! this is goona be great. if any of you have any information on these games that would be helpful to me it would be great; being that they will be in japanese and i don't speak or read a word of it. :P

Get the ROMS. I guess for you, they'd actually be legal seeing as you own the games. Both games are really great if you haven't already played them.

Get a Super Famicom so you can play them, that it unless you don't already have one...

well, i've got two snes, a regular and a compact one, so i'm just going to break off the tabs on my regular snes so i can play imports. that's all you have to do to play imports on the NA snes.

Wait wait come again where is this tab? Hehhe im getting ideas here

if you look inside the slot where the snes cart goes into the snes there are two plastic tabs on the left and right of the connector on the back inside wall. if you clip these off you can play import games without translation. i recommend doing this on a regular snes instead of a compact snes, it's easier.

Has anyone else tried this?

Yes, I did it a long time ago when I imported DQ6.

it works like a dream. right now i'm working on importing the remixes of dq1,2,3 so i can play them as well. since i have those three memorized i don't think i'll be as lost in the japanese text as i am in dq5 right now.

if you look inside the slot where the snes cart goes into the snes there are two plastic tabs on the left and right of the connector on the back inside wall. if you clip these off you can play import games without translation. i recommend doing this on a regular snes instead of a compact snes, it's easier.

This may sound ignorant, but I don't think I have ever seen a compact SNES. Isn't the picture below a picture of a regular Super NES? or is it a compact one? :???:

9d_1_b.JPG

That is a regular one.

Here's a compact one:

d8_1_b.JPG

oh, ok. thanks for the help. :biggrin:

Guest Plattym3

Huh, I too had never seen a compact SNES. I'd heard of it, but never knew what it looked like. Thanks Kenshin.

if you look inside the slot where the snes cart goes into the snes there are two plastic tabs on the left and right of the connector on the back inside wall.  if you clip these off you can play import games without translation.  i recommend doing this on a regular snes instead of a compact snes, it's easier.

I have the console, but I'm going to wait until I get my Japanese games in the mail (according to the EMS id# and the EMS website, they should be here around Monday or Tuesday), before I do it so I can make sure my games play properly because I've never done this before and I'm a little nervous about doing it... :Dc-worriedslime:

YAY!!!! My games came in the mail today!! Alot earlier then expected!!! :ws-slimebiggrin:

The boxes they are in look like they contain old VHS tapes (because of the shape), but they look really kewl!!! :mc-slimehappy:

Ok, I'm going to attempt to alter my SNES, so that it can also play Super Famicom games. I assume the two little "plastic tabs" we are talking about are the ones at the very bottom. The left one has a "-" sign on it, while the right one has a number "17" on it. If I am not correct then please let me know as soon as possible. Thanks. :sm_babblecap:

Sorry about the triple post, but I just realized that those tabs are not the correct ones. They are the eject tabs, and are connected to the eject button. I think I see the ones you mean, they are on the back bottom inside walls (the same color as the walls). Sorry about the confusion...

Yippeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It works!!! :mc-slimehappy:

I really appreciate the tip, it was alot cheaper then trying to get a Super Famicom off of Ebay!!! (I found a used non-yellowed SNES at EBGames in Wilmington, NC- an hour north of here...)

Thanks everyone! :ws-slimebiggrin:

PS- Sorry about the quadruple post. Please don't shoot me... :Dc-worriedslime:

Guest Plattym3

BANG! :Dc-winkslime:

is it in english????

P.S. Does it affect the way normal games play at all?

is it in english????

Nope, the games are still in Japanese...

P.S. Does it affect the way normal games play at all?

My other SNES games still play fine. The two plastic tabs you break off are actually just two little plastic tabs put on the inside back wall (that just happens to be plastic too). They aren't connected to any of the SNES circuitry or any of the electronic parts of the SNES. Therefore snapping those little plastic things off doesn’t interfere with regular game play.

(The only real difference in the SNES game cartridges (other then the Japanese games look more "curved" and the US game cartridges look more "squared off") is that on the back side of the US games, on the bottom, has two little slots that allow the game to slide onto the those two little plastic tabs on the back and the Japanese games don't have those slots...)

Do you know if there is any way to play DQV in english??? :???:

The only way right now is to get a ROM. Hopefully the PS2 remake will come over to the US.

;) And only then if Dragon Quest VIII makes good here on US Shores.... It's nice to be optimistic though.

that means we all have to get out there and buy that game.

i'm glad it all worked out for you pepe. enjoy those games