Demon Wars III Comments

Slime Master

He does have MSN, he just... hasn't been on it for more than one night (for me, at least). Hahaha, he probably mainly uses some other IM.

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply
;) Oh you have AIM? Good thing I have that also :P

Well, I took the liberty of getting AIM... and after taking far too long at coming with a normal screen name, I'm officially GeesteC - how exciting. So add me to your list, guys. :P

;) That's the thing I hate about AIM, in addition to the annoying ads the messenger has on them (MSN has the same but more tollerable) it doesn't let come up with a Normal screenname opting instead to give you a name with a bunch of numbers and crap on it. But if it means that the three of us can now shoot ideas for game development back and forth than hey, it'll do.
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey, I never saw the above post until I actually came in here and saw unread messages symbol...

But yes, I'd guess that if a certain someone doesn't hurry up, that might be precisely what happens. And that would be a real shame, since we've got something good going here, I like to think.

... I still don't really know how to use AIM, but I guess it'll be more relevant once this gets back up or something? I don't really appreciate having taken my time and downloaded something that's basically useless.

On a different note, I noticed that of the few people I've got as myspace friends, that number decreased by one sometime within the last two times I've been on. ... Ha, did I not make the cut or something? Anyway, just wondering what was up with that...

:edit: Sorry man, I just had a really unusually bad day... so... yeah. Sorry.

Hey, I never saw the above post until I actually came in here and saw unread messages symbol...

But yes, I'd guess that if a certain someone doesn't hurry up, that might be precisely what happens. And that would be a real shame, since we've got something good going here, I like to think.

... I still don't really know how to use AIM, but I guess it'll be more relevant once this gets back up or something? I don't really appreciate having taken my time and downloaded something that's basically useless.

On a different note, I noticed that of the few people I've got as myspace friends, that number decreased by one sometime within the last two times I've been on. ... Ha, did I not make the cut or something? Anyway, just wondering what was up with that...

:edit: Sorry man, I just had a really unusually bad day... so... yeah. Sorry.

no it's ok i don't take it personally, there is this girl i know that is always such a $#!&@ to me but I have come to realise she just has ALOT of bad days. not calling you a girl of corse just saying i know where you are comming from.

:) Sooolved through PM. I'll take my bad days somewhere else from now on, heh heh... though I still feel bad cause of the 'like you said I am used to it'... and you shouldn't be. :(

Getting back on topic, how's that demo coming along, SM?

• 3 weeks later...

That's why he stopped the story. So that he could on a demo for the game/story up to this point for RPGMaker. And once he gets up to the point we're at, or something... that's when he'll release the demo and re-open the story. Makes little sense to me. That's why I've been confused, anyway - do you understand his reasoning? :????: Last I heard, he wasn't that far on it either. Which makes me somewhat frowny.

;) That is due to some of the requests that are wanted within the game. Such as the Auto Time Event thing from FF9 that Leon wants to use, that's going to take some serious time to code in addition to lack of required sprites and a bug in the opening scene which shifts to the game over screen. Before anyone makes a stupid "n00b" comment no I didn't code the event to have that occur and all the switches and what-not are set up properly. So there's no need to be all frowny and try to rush someone along, that will only further delay things.

My reasoning for doing this is simply this, I don't need anymore side projects slowing me down like a computer infected with spyware and adware.

That is due to some of the requests that are wanted within the game.

Hey, I'm just trying to help your game out some. You can change whatever you like, you know... my only purpose in doing these things is to get players more into your game.

Timed events aren't that bad - just set up identical events, place one in the corner of each room of something, Auto Start each when the timer reaches 0 and go boom in the code. For battles, just do the same thing. And sprites don't have to look exactly how the characters are. Use your imagination! I'm sure you've got one. :thumbsup:

The opening scene, hm...? Make sure that you never let the party be annihilated and stuff while moving around. If I were you, right after Hayden makes short work of Juna, Thomas, and Maya, I'd restore their health right away. If that's even when it's going to the Game Over screen...

If I were you, right after Hayden makes short work of Juna, Thomas, and Maya, I'd restore their health right away. If that's even when it's going to the Game Over screen...

;) There was my problem. Added the restore health codes and the event now works properly! Also I think I might have figured out how to manage the events. At least I hope I did anyways. Also since the Kaptora events are next on the list I'm going to need a map of the town so I can fix it up the way you want it to look. Also Chipset Suggestions would be nice too.

Well, you're the game designer, so you should interpret it however you see fit. I think I actually DID send you a file a while ago with some of the more key locations on it. It's really not a big deal how it's set up... just ensuring that everything that's there is there should be sufficient. As for chipset suggestions - um - aren't towns/cities generally that Facade one? What else is there?

;) You might want to send that image again, I lost it when my computer was reformated.

Archived