Demon Wars III Comments

Slime Master

Yay, Serefinis! I liked that name. I'm glad you picked it! :)

Now, allow me to place emphasis on the fact that in the Zex/Garrison/Lily/Leon story, Thomas is supposed to WIN this fight. :P That's all!

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From this point for the next little while, Leon's basically available for anyone that wants to use his healing/mindreading powers. :) His storyline is, for now, done, and I'm hoping to get back to the Jaune storyline soon... but I guess, since Lily's here too, I'll come up with something for us to do in the time being...

Sess, were you planning on having Dante meet Leon/Lily at all? Your most recent post ( :thumbsup: good one) gave me that notion. If yes, just say so, and if not, that's alright too.

Yes, I was planning on that Actually I was thinking he could ssave them from some evil guy... like a General still in the city or something like that. Then I was going to have him find Zex and help him out later. Then disapear untill the final battle with hayden where he dies.

;) Don't let Hayden die like that. I have plans for him much later on :wink:

I've twice explained everything that our characters know about Hayden- think: Lily is talking to a 15-year old kid, a demon who's been living on his own for the last while, and a travelling gunsman who talks to nobody. What Lily has heard both times is all the characters have to offer her. :)

In fact, Lily, this might be the opportunity Forgotten Wolf was looking for - I was, haha, planning on doing something similar- I'm glad that you beat me to it though. That was one of your better posts indeed. :)

I say it might be the opportunity he was looking for, because *looks seven posts upward*... indeed. I thought I did a nice job setting up a possible encounter with Dante- note that I left Zex's whereabouts unknown, but Leon's specific. And of course, people in the city will associate Zex with Leon now, right? Muhahahah I love interrelated storylines!

;) With this information in hand I have a pretty good idea now on how Lily's skills will be handled. Since she uses Water based magic along with restorative spells, I'll have her skill/spell set up much like Marle in Chrono Trigger.

As for Juna, well he'll have some "unique" abilities as the story progresses. Also those attacks he used earlier in the story are skills he'll get in the game later on after a certain event. As for others, tell me what you want your skill set up to be like and detail it some for me since this is going to be what your character had access to in the game version. Also if anyone has any suggestions for side-quests feel free to post them. In the case of Leon however, I already have know what set he wants.

Okay, Jaune's gonna work somewhat oddly - she's not going to learn much magic - mostly the basics... like Blaze, Bang for attack spells, and then most "Defence/Sap/Surround/Stopspell"-type debilitating spells... but! She won't learn them until later on in the story, though, so in your game you won't be able to have her learn by level. If you're using RPGMaker2000, then you'll have to use stuff like "Books" to have her learn stuff. Aside from that, Jaune's very into the analysis-type attacks... so stuff to do with locations and the like might be her forte. It depends on how creative you get with your game, you see. (Jaune will use her magic gun and then take up Xenatu's staff at a particular point in the story :) )

Arriness is basically a little bit of everything, some healing, attack, support, and effect, as I'm *sure* you've read in his character description. :P He's similar to the Prince of Cannock, except he uses Icebolt-family spells, and attacks primarily with whips. Given his personality, it wouldn't be a shocker to have him learn self-sacrificing spells like Sacrifice, Farewell, or even Yangus' MP transferring one (I think it's called "Share Magic")...

And yeah, Leon learns ONLY defensive spells. Nothing should have a negative impact on a foe's performance (under normal circumstances... eg. Bounce and Fendspell could be considered bad at times). In your game, here is how I propose you do his possession's power:

So let's say Revive normally costs 20 MP to cast. As the STORY goes forward, not Leon's level, add spells like Revive, HealAll, HealUs, HealUsAll, whatever... at certain points. Like, whenever it is that Leon's experimenting with the possessor at night. So add it to his spell list, but make Revive cost, say, 45 MP as opposed to the normal 20. This would make it MUCH more risky to cast in the game, and perhaps not as worth it. It's also the numerical explanation as to why Leon would be so depleted after using the powers. :D

Oh, and Xenatu uses a few effect spells, as you've seen. That's all though.

Ok so my turn then.

Zex, he will have mostly brute force as he is a warrior. In addition to that he is somewhat resistant to magic. He doesn’t use many spells, he knows many low level spells that he likes to combine with Demi and his sword to create some nice combos. Such as the dark ice or the fire attack..... I need to think up some names and post them.

Demi/Boom:

Demi/(some wind attack)

Demi/(some water or Ice attack)

Dante on the other hand as his Dragon form returns it more or less a Paladin. He had holy spells that heal as well as hurt the enemy.

Heal: well it heals....

Richious fury: Empowers him with holy rage increasing his attacks.

Sanctuary: Aura: Raises the defense power of all party members.

Shadow: Aura: Protects all party members form dark damage.

Devine sacrifice: The paladin sacrifices himself for the good of man, giving all the players full health and boosted stats. (Final battle :wink: )

Ill add more stuff as I think of it, but this is what i have for now.

;) Guess I better put some stuff up on what my character learns.

Juna, being the warrior that he is would learn mostly Warrior and Fighter type skills. Such as the following:

Falcon Slash

Leap Slash

Whirlwind Sword

Low Punch (Knuckle Sandwich in DQVIII)

Vaccum (He'll get this later on in the story)

Legsweep

Roundhouse

Jump Kick

And of course those strange powers Juna has used in various fights. Of course he won't obtain those until after a certain chain of events.

As for the various elemental sword attacks, I'll make those Dual Skills which means in order for Juna to perform say "Flame Slash" for example he'll need someone who can cast Blaze in addition to having a sword with him. As for programing this in RPG Maker 2000, that might prove impossible so I might not have him use those skills, But since I plan on having the ultimate or final version made on RPG Maker XP, who knows what will happen.

As for Ryu, he'll have more fighter based skills like Suplex, Jump Kick, and of course an ability to steal from opponents (Of course that option, like in the various FF games will be in the "menu" during battle) This is all I have come up with so far but if I should think of more abilities and such I'll post them here.

;) I have edited my signup post which now displays some more detail into the characters and of course thier new skill sets. Pretty soon Ryu won't be feeling useless in battle any longer :wink:

Updated Post!!

... But of course, as the creator of the game, he reserves the rights to change/edit any of the characters he creates for his game. I'm trying to make things as simple as I can for programming because I know how huge games are to make on RPG Maker... I mean, Leon's cloak was originally supposed to have reflective properties, but then I realized a few things: 1) Leon's already a good enough character, knowing every defensive spell in the book [literally], 2) "Auto-reflect" is hard to do! ... Reflect is hard enough to do as well!, 3) His cloak would be his "armour" type, so without it, he wouldn't have the effect. Thus, the cloak's defence would have to be through the roof right from the beginning to even start competing with "final area" armour...

So then I figured, nah, it's just a robe. So now he likely equips mid-weight armour like vests and padding stuff.

Sess - er, Wolf - you've likely noticed I've never had Zex use Demi... can you tell me what it is exactly in detail? I'm trying to find where he uses it in his posts, and I'm guessing I'm a little dense because I don't know what it is. :worried: On a related note, Zex has cast "Rain" and "Icebolt", just to add a few spells to your list. :)

It's basically from FF it's actually a dark attack, pure black. It uses dark energy to hurt your Enemies. When used on his sword it basically combines with it until Zex attacks. The attack usually takes so much out of him that he uses it as a last resort most of the time. It is usually combined with different attacks for strange affects. Like for example when combined with Ice it sticks to them and damages them over time. The fire is just one huge attack, with wind it acts like black tornado.

But darkness is so much more applicable than gravity... and it seems to work better because Zex is a demon- typically, darkness-related. Anyway, I don't think things need to stay completely DW-based - after all, even the weakest of mages can equip the Venomous Dagger... and many of our attacks are quite non-DW/DQ-ish, no?

On a different note, I've tried programming a way to make a character miss a single turn due to whatever effects you've listed (using a variable and randomization)- it would be EXTREMELY difficult to incorporate that into every single battle. So that leads to another issue: if you can't prevent this ridiculous magic caster from casting spells, then there'll be nothing stopping the player from using BLIZZARDLIGHTNINGBLAZEMOSTEXPLODET on the enemies. So perhaps SM is gonna have to take that into consideration... unless HE can find a way to add and remove temporary status effects in the same turn, placing them on her at the beginning and removing them at the end. :worried:

Just a few more issues I'm thinking of... on a lighter note, SM, did you like the way I set up Leon's "spells-to-be" list? I take credit for that :P .

I've got creativity flowing... my mind came to the subject of dual attacks during my history class... so I spent the period coming up with funky attacks that two people could use (sorta like CT, it would seem).

;) Yeah, the set up was pretty good. Hopefully my skill set up for my characters looks just as good. By the way, my demo is coming along pretty good. So far I have alot of the database completed. As for common monsters like the Slimes and Leathal Gophers, I have been using the Den's Bestairy to balance everything out. As for the programing "Miss a turn" skills in RPG Maker 2000, I don't know if that is possible with that particular RPG Development Engine. Which is why the Main Game, so to speak, will be programed in RPG Maker XP. (That doesn't mean that there won't be an RM2K version of course. :wink: )
  • 2 weeks later...
;) Some of you may not like what I am about to do here but I feel that I must postpone anymore porgression on the story until my demo is complete. As of now I have no idea when it will be completed but once it's done I'll alow more postings. Think of this Hiatus, so to speak, as a way to come up with more ideas and such. :thumbsup:

Sadly, there is no slime emoticon that shows a slime being struck by lightning while holding a sign that simply says... "You".

Get working on it, or I guarantee you'll lose ideas and people as opposed to gaining any. It's what happened last time the story took a big pause, anyway.

No. The story is on hiatus as of now, I have sent a PM to Woodus requesting the locking of the topic. Besides, I'm in the middle of beta testing a ROM patch for Koji's crew that's eating most of my time up right now.

"as well, me no want to have this one die off..."

Effortless Spam posts like these are another reason I wish to put a hold on this. Nothing personal but I've had all I can stand of this.

"I guarantee you'll lose ideas and people as opposed to gaining any. It's what happened last time the story took a big pause, anyway"

Oh well, it's not like there's much participation anyways. It's only three of us putting any real work into anyway. I don't see no one else reading it either.

She was just stating an opinion. Anyway, don't forget that we all have schudules that can become busier at any moment. Particularly those of us who are in school and/or have jobs... but it's your decision. Just don't expect all of us to instantly return to the story once it's opened is all I'm saying. I'll reiterate what I said... work quickly. (Is that what you responded to with a 'no'? I for one would like some reasoning as to why the story can't go on... or why you need a demo version of your game. Please provide this for us, as I think we might be a bit confused about why OUR posts - our posts that we've made FOR you - have to stop.)

;) I will work at my own pace. So please do not rush me along. As for my reason behind all of this, well I really don't feel motivated to continue this story. I don't wish to see it die out either but as I have said before, I have other projects I am currently working on. If you still wish to continue the story perhaps we can exchange ideas on Messenger or something. Wolf, you seriously need to get MSN since you'll definatly want some imput. As for the demo thing, I'll try and get that finished as soon as possible, of course with the beta testing thing and The Chosen Ones going I have no clue when that will be done.

Archived