Demon Wars III Comments

Slime Master

Ok, well, I agree with Leon. However, right now, my plan is very general. I DO want to make each of the characters I encounter an integral part of my character's story, but I'll figure that out as I go. Right now, for me, I need a good idea of the layout of the land. A world map, I mean. I mentioned this before, and I want to urge it. A world map should be made, even if not all the specific landmarks are made right away. It would just be nice to know where all the different locations are, such as the major human cities, the space launch center, and a few less prominent places. For me, it's important because my character plans to go study with the humans, and to do that he's gonna need to know where the major cities are (or major city). Also, I think it would be nice to be able to say, ok, I want my character to take this kind of general route, so that I can revisit this place at this point in my story, etc.. etc...

There needs to be definite direction, particularly geographically speaking, for each character, that way the interconnections of the different characters might be a bit clearer. For example, Thorr is one of the best in his kingdom. If his kingdom is as prestigious as it seems to be, then that might be a place my character will head. That being the case, Thorr and Crispin are likely to cross paths. From there, Crispin may get caught up in an unexpected adventure.

See, it's good to have clarity in regards to geography, since knowing such things can easily help the story move along.

(BTW, the example of Crispin and Thorr was just an example. If there is a different large city closer to the Collosus Mountains, then I'll head for that one, and if there are any small villages on the way, I may stop in at one, which could also ignite a tangent to the story. Please, if you have the time, provide us with a map. If you don't have the time, SM, then perhaps a different author could build one.)

Also, concerning my offer for editing, well??? What's the word??? It doesn't matter to me either way, I just figure it'll help.

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply
;) Perhaps later on this afternoon Leon, MetalIke and myself could work on a design for a World Map. I promise you before tomorrow we'll have one. Also when I talk to Thorr later tonight I can discuss it with him, and yes I am planning on having someone esle draw it since I cannot draw for beans.

;) I might be able to help you with that one Burn, We can maybe talk on MSN some cand can type it up for you then you can copy and past it when you start your post. Sound Cool?

And in response to Master Malace's idea about a World Map, Leon Geeste drew up this crude but to the point variation of what the World Map will look like Leon, MetalIke and myself have made the begining portions of this world map and anyone who wishes to alter it may do so by saving the actual sized pic (Using a thumbnail, go imageshack.us:thumbsup:!!) and then send it back to me whiether it be through MSN Messenger or e-mail or even Personal Messenger.

crudesketchofkaptoraland12cd.th.jpg

:smup: Here is what the world map looks like so far, hope you like it. :biggrin:

Keep in mind that the above is just one continent of a possible many...

We don't all have to be so close, especially if it doesn't make sense for you to be near towns or something.

The story is turning out great guys :D.

Not sure where to put this, so I'm gonna put it here. Right now, work and school are very demanding at this moment in time, and I'll only be able to post once a week here in the Story. By early April, I should be able to post atleast 2 times a week, if not more. Plus, this way, I can thoroghly (sp?), write the story down on paper, and flush out my ideas on where I'm going. My current post in the story was something I just thought up as soon as I hit the "Post Reply" button. So, with my later entries, I hope they will be better thought up :).

Just letting you all know. Sorry, if this shouldn't go here. Thanks!

(Yeah, that counts as a comment, I'd say...)

But don't feel bad. While I might get a few ideas about what might happen to characters, I don't do the wording of the post until I hit "Post Reply"...

Oh, umm - the green on the map is a forest that Slime Master told me to put on there... obviously, the red lines indicate a path through a cave - the other cave entrance has no other side because I intended it to be that way, as it should prove helpful for me later on in my story. :)

;) I have made a Map Topic which shows most of what the world is going to look like. It there also is where you can cooment on it and place suggestions for additions.
  • 2 weeks later...

"Humankind cannot gain anything without first giving something in return. To obtain, something of equal value must be lost. That is Alchemy's first law of equivalent exchange"

"Humankind cannot gain anything without first giving something in return. To obtain, something of equal value must be lost. That is Alchemy's first law of equivalent exchange"

;) May I ask what this has to do with anything? Anyways I have posted an updated version of the Map in the Map topic for your viewing pleasure. Just click on the link I will provide you with. Demon Wars III Map

^ same question, Odin are you ok?

- I was wondering if any of you would cair if I joined just as an extra. I don't plan on being very important I just want to be a support character.

Well, that's up Slime Master in the end, but perhaps making up a "resume character" would help him make his decision? Even if you just want to be a support character, you can still make him/her up yourself. :)

Ok I have to ask, Odin why the hell are you quoting Full Metal Alchamist's opening line?

Oh, Sess, I think it's fine - at least it'll be another person posting in the story. Just... either create an area or place yourself in one that already exists... if you choose the latter of those two, just ask whoever introduced it in the first place what sort of place it is to get an idea of that sort of thing. :)

And, um... just remember that before you do anything that'll have an effect on anyone else's characters, ask them first! :)

;) Ike and Leon said it was cool to join up to fix up some of the side stuff such as Lily needing rescuing. Also I have named a town where you will start out at, the town of Wolfwood, I know I could've done better but this is what happens when you are still up at 4 am and watching Trigun.

No problume here, as you know I usually base my characters off of wolves and things like that.

But I do need help figuring out what kindom he was from and where he was exiled to.

• 1 month later...
;) Right now I am curently wondering what people thought of my backstory for Juna. Also I like what you did with Lily's Rescue Sessh, quite the nice touch now if only MetalIke would post....

Archived