Demon Wars III Comments

Slime Master

;) Have some questions and/or Comments? Feel free to post them here and I will try to answer them to the best of my ability.
  • Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply
;) I am waiting for a selcet few people to sign up and then I can get this thing going.

I might join up after I see what direction the story starts going.

;) Basicly someone starts the story thread and then someone else posts and so on and so forth. And it continues until the story ends. Ask Leon Geeste or Sesshomaru about how the story forum works.
;) Yes I am waiting for them to sign up as a matter of fact Leon knows about it but the other do not. I will PM them later tonight. (In fact I will do that after I make this post. :wink:)
;) If that is the case type them up in Word Pad or something so that you can be sure that you do not loose them, Sometimes I do that whenever I come up with an idea that I want to use.

Hmm - Slime Master, I think you should post, either here or somewhere... Idunno where... a general time period of when this story takes place - what the world's society is like, how technological things are... because when I asked you about it, I sort of had to, like, pull the answers out of you. People will be able to develop characters if they know the basics of what the world is like. As well, you might wanna assign people different areas of the world (unless they're nearby each other, of course - but that means that they must have talked about it, like you and I did)... cause that'll help when you're putting these things together in your game.

Leon hit the nail on the head here. After reading his character introduction, I was slightly inclined to pull out of the story due to the fact that he exuded the impression that the time period was something akin to ours (companies, space travel, etc...). However, as I said in another thread, whatever ideas come from other writers, only enhances the challenge and excitement. So, I opted to stay and go with it.

However, I do agree that a general era should be set. Also, I was thinking about this too, that there should be a world map set BEFORE the story begins. During the last story, I was often frustrated by the abstractness of the general locations of everything. It would be useful to have a world map in place before the story begins. If you choose to make such a map, I will provide you with the name of my character's home town, and I would advise all the other writers to do the same.

Also, I think it might be prudent to present a general premise to the story, an end to work toward. Nothing specific, just give us an idea of say... why the story is called "Demon Wars." A problem, I think, that was encountered in the last story was that there didn't really seem to be an end in sight. Nobody was really certain about what we were working towards, except the demise of a resurrected dark lord.

I may sign up as soon as there is a bit of background info posted... I haven't taken part in a group story like this in a long time so my skills are a bit rusty, but stories like this are always fun. :biggrin:

Ok, I've gotta say this. The longer this story remains idle, and uninitiated, the faster I am losing interest. Are we going to start this or not? If it's taking those people that you're waiting for this long to even post their characters, I think it's a pretty good indication of how often they'll be actually posting in the story. Unless you know something I don't (ie, they're busy with some sort of project that they'll be finished with soon, then they'll have plenty of time for this).

... sometime in the future when there's simple machinery being re-invented?

Here's a general Idea of what time frame this story is to take place so just a little look at the quote above. This story was a little idle because I was waiting for a certain few to sign up. No offense to some who have signed up Giant Penny, and Chaos D. to name a few, but I have no idea where I will include the two of you but now I plan to start up the actual story some time this morning.

Now some general rules for posting in this story.

1: Check your spellings: What occurs in this story will be placed in my RPG so grammar, spelling and punctuation are of severe importance.

2: No whining about "being left out": You have no clue how many times this has happened before. You'll get implanted into the story somehow once Leon, MetalIke, Thorr and myself think of something.

3: Posts need to be made in a Novel Format: Meaning place your characters thoughts and give a good description on the surrounding area. This also will help me in the development of the game which will be based off of this story.

4: Posts need to be LONG like 30 Lines or so: This means no short, stupid or posts that while you find cute or funny others will be annoyed with.

;) Those are Intro Posts. It gives the reader a sort of backstory of what thier character is like and his or her history. In fact I should've done one with my character meh, oh well... Feel free to do one if you want.

I'd like to offer my services, Master Slime. I propose to edit all the story posts, so that when you enter them into your game, they'll be nice, crisp and clean. I'll simply copy and paste to my computer, edit them, and then send the docs to you. If this is ok, and I do this, I need to know, are you going to be making the game as the story here progresses, or will you wait until it's done, then make your game? I need to know, because then I'd have a separate doc for each character, (and character combinations) all set chronologically as the story describes. Then I'd send the whole story to you as a booklet.

Hmm - I suppose now, while we're just beginning, would be the best time to debate ideas and the like - so, if you have any ideas that you think you could use my characters or something that centers around them (eg. the Machtists or the space development, etc.), or want to plan a joining of forces (if you're gonna allow that, Slime Master - you need to get these things down pat, right away), then either PM me or contact me on MSN at leongeeste@hotmail.com ... I'm usually online. It's always better to plan the general idea out at the beginning, as opposed to when people start completely doing their own thing, with no idea what anyone else is working towards. :thumbsup:

;) Of course. Discussing and settling these things now as opposed to later would be the more prudent Idea and I am game to it since this is the story for my game after all.

Archived