Sign in to follow this  
Guest Plattym3

What are you currently playing?

Do you have the Soulstone yet? Imho the Untrodden groves are the best place for level grinding because of the abundance of Metal, Liquid Metal, and Metal King slimes.

;) Not yet, I just completed the Dragon Graveyard Sidequest and am about to take on the Pirates Cove. Also, I've been doing some treasure hunting as well. I spent a little extra time in the Dragon Graveyard in hopes of encountering a Metal Slime King but no such luck, in fact I haven't even encountered the Snapdragon enemy there either.

Currently I'm replaying Dragon Quest VIII with some Mega Man 9 here and there. I'm also trying to beat Izuna 2. TRYING. >:(

I'm up to level 36 now and in the Storm.

Guest Plattym3

Been playing Rhapsody DS for about 10 hours this Friday & Saturday. I think I'm nealy done. Needed to collect 5 things to get near the end of the game and I have 4 of them. Maybe I'll finish it off today during football watching. Not a difficult game at all. This is definately RPG-lite, but a cute little game.

Found out earlier this week my Breath of Fire 2 game got deleted. As happy as I am with my G6 device, that's strike #2 against it. It reset my Caravan Heart save back a good 4-5 hours and now this. I'll probably not give this game another go for quite a while and then probably on the PC or VC.

I put in a few hours on DWVII the other night. I want to finish this game but I was so planning on doing so with my strategy guide in my lap (not that I needed it, but I paid $30+ and wanted to use it once), but my sister has lost it for good I'm guessing. Not a big deal, but it made me pause a bit to play DWIV and Rhapsody DS.

Shadow Hearts 2 has become pretty dormant to me. I don't know why I can't get into it so much. I really do enjoy it, but it's becoming a labor of love to finish like Legend of Dragoon became. Also, knowing I'm on disc #1 of 2 is not helping my motivation. I've got a ton of other games coming out or that I've recently wanted to start playing (Sonic, Rune Factory 2, Pokemon Ranger 2, Mother/Earthbound series). Maybe after I finish off DWVII I'll get back to this.

Edited by Plattym3

Wow, a post that is not an intro or just a vote in a contest.

Ahem...I've got two saves going for DQ4, I'm through the Fungeon and trying to beat Foo Yung and Chow Mein, but these two are seriously kicking my butt. Then I've got another save where I'm still at Stancia/Canalot. I'm typing up the gamescript as I go, so it's taking me a bit longer. I wanted to simply play the game at first, so that's why there's the other save. I was sooo surprised at how fast it went. I didn't have to do hardly any grinding at all. The beginning of each chapter usually meant hours of grinding just to get enough gold to get equipped for longer journeys. With all the hidden items everywhere, it makes everything go a lot faster. :) And as for the bosses, I just had to figure out the right strategy and who to put in the party. Kiryl sees a lot of boss fights, I just love the Kabuff spell. :D I might try for another playthrough to see how quickly I can beat Necrosa...oops, Psaro. I think I beat him at level 33.

I do have an open file for DQ8 that I need to finish up. I think I've just been thrown in jail and escaped, now I'm on the way to Neos. But I'm working on that gamescript too, so I wanna make sure I don't miss any NPC talk before I go to Neos.

;) Just completed the Pirates Cove in Dragon Quest VIII, Captain Crow was much easier this time around than he was the last time I played through. I also seem to not be having much luck beating a Metal Slime King since they tend to Run Away before I can do anything.

Up to level 45 now and still running a bunch of side quests before I head into the tempest.

;) I've reached Empychu finally after doing a little grinding close by. I just wanted to round out the level ups a little before proceeding. Currently my party's Levels are Debitto: 50, Yangus: 51, Jessica: 48, and Angelo: 49. Seems like the game also wants to skimp on Skill points for some of my characters too. Also, I have 80 Mini Medals, before long I will gain the sword of Uber Pwnage!!

Seems like the game also wants to skimp on Skill points for some of my characters too.

Yeah, especially Yangus. He starts off getting a lot of skill points, so they had to even it out so that everyone ends up with 350 points by level 99.

As for me, I have my own topic talking about what I'm currently playing, but I'll throw in where I'm at atm here too. I just got to Dune in the Past in DW VII. Working on Paladin on everyone, then I will have everyone as Godhand(and eventually Hero if they don't level up too much for the area by then). Sword Dance is so uber...Just can't over it. Wish I knew about it my first time. I was so nub my first time. I started off with Shepherd because I thought Whistle would help with the grinding(it really doesn't....at least not as much as sword dance does).

I've got my DS back, and now I'm up to chapter 4 in DQ4DS.

;) I could have sworn that the Skill Points were more than 350. Hmmmmmmmmmm

;) I could have sworn that the Skill Points were more than 350. Hmmmmmmmmmm

Skill Points?

What skill points? :wd_coolslime:

;) Skill Points: Introduced in Dragon Quest VIII skill points were used to give characters skills in their respected sets. This system was also used in Dragon Quest Monster Joker.

welp i put everything aside for now to play Persona2:Innocent Sin with the english translation patch

once i beat this and get Persona 4 and beat that i will have beaten all the persona games thus far

(man im a sucker for Shin MEgami Tensei games)

Just defeated the Mana Tempest, up to level 48.

;) Finished up the World of Darkness last night and finally got the Godbird Soulstone. Emperya seemed much easier this time around than the last time I fought her, of course I had 10+ more levels in this play through than I did last time so yeah. Gemon was almost too easy since with a fully buffed Yangus, I nailed 3000+ Damage off of him in one shot. With the God Bird Soul Stone I can now explore the areas that I could not before. Also, I managed to get Stoneman for the Golem Team, and Skeletoid for an alternate team I'm forming to take down Morrie's Team. Also, I plan to spend some time on Hollowind Hill aka Slime Hill to level up some. Levels are Hero: 52, Yangus: 54, Jessica: 50, and Angelo: 52

Haven't played a lot lately, just preparing to go after Tess into the ruins, up to level 50 now. I'll probably keep running side quests until I get up to 55 and then tackle the ruins.

;) I have finally conquered Dragon Quest VIII yesterday, first off, my final levels were 81, 85, 77, and 80. Rhapthorne turned out to be much easier this time around than he was when I first fought him three years ago. After him, I challenged the Dragovian Trials and won each battle, though in some it was barely and I even managed to defeat the Ultimate Dragon and complete the Monster Book. With this major victory, I finally have completed my Dragon Quest Marathon. Now I look on to all the new ROMs and Translations that have been released.

Guest Plattym3
;) ... my final levels were 81, 85, 77, and 80. Rhapthorne turned out to be much easier this time around than he was when I first fought him three years ago...

Wow, he was easier? I wonder why? :tounge:

Great job on your campaign to complete them all again!

I'm at the end of DW VII, but haven't been playing it much lately. I'll get back into it eventually. XD Currently I'm playing Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia. Just beat a "giant enemy crab" boss in the lighthouse. Quite an interesting fight.

hey im on that boss at the light house now on that game looks like im not far behind you now.....

also started playing WoW(world of warcraft) again after a year and i must say it has gotten better since the new expansion is coming out soon

hey im on that boss at the light house now on that game looks like im not far behind you now.....

I'm actually up to Skeleton Cave atm. Quite a lot of fun. Turning into a werebat(This game's version of succubus) is a lot of fun, but attacking as a werebat doesn't increase any weapon attributes(though you do recover some hp if you use the kick attack). I'm going over some past areas trying to get some items. Tin Man at the end of the prison is fun to kill, but wish he would drop some silver ore already(need 2 more to get the shop to update the equip shop list).

;) Skill Points: Introduced in Dragon Quest VIII skill points were used to give characters skills in their respected sets. This system was also used in Dragon Quest Monster Joker.

I haven't played DQ8 in years..too bad my PS2 is broken :( well..not ENTIRELY broken..

also started playing WoW(world of warcraft) again after a year and i must say it has gotten better since the new expansion is coming out soon

I play too. :) Magikoopa LV 53 Undead Mage Server=Lightbringer