Sign in to follow this  
Guest Plattym3

What are you currently playing?

:) Out of curiosity are you playing the NES versions or are you playing Megaman on the Anniversary collection?

Playing FFIV DS right now, and I'm getting ready to take on the CPU in the Giant.

I picked up Children of Mana while I was on vacation, but I'm not going to start it until I finish off FFIV.

;) Currently wandering around Mardra while building up Melvin's class levels. Also, I am trying to go for most of the Cross Class skills I can get and then try to obtain the rest at the end of the game. Also I found the Florajay heart which I gave to Gabo to use later on.

;) Still doing some job grinding around Mardra and close to having Melvin mastering Mage.

Guest Plattym3

Well, after finishing off DQV DS last week I took my time trying to figure out what to do next. I have Skies of Arcadia sitting around that I'd really like to start, and I stopped after only like 4 hours of Shadow Hearts: Covenant due to bad timing and work. Need to get going on that. I also have Legends of Dragoon sitting at about 65% done.

Instead I turned back to my DS to see what was on my G6 that I didn't finish off. So, here's what's been going on.

I put in about 15 more hours into Pokemon Mystery Dungeon 2. I just beat the FINAL boss, D------, and completed the 2nd half of the game. Really I guess it was kinda bonus, but still it had a major storyline implications so I guess now I can say I beat all the storyline portions of the game. Manaphy just came up to me with some request about a resort. I guess I'll investigate that later to day maybe, but I'm around the 40 hour mark and I think I'm about done.

Decided to finish up Digimon World DS today though. I spent an hour today trying to figure out where I was in the game and what I had to do next. I guess that hour helped with overleveling, because by the time I figured out how to get to the next mission, I was blowing through random battles with 1 or 2 attacks and I was beating the bosses in like 5-6 moves. I forgot that I really enjoyed this game and it's Pokemon type monsters mixed with a battle system similar to FFX in terms of who attacks next and whatnot. I've got some really powerful Digimon and I'd say I'll probably beat the main storyline tomorrow if not today. If I get done, I'll probably push hard to finish of Legend of Dragoon soon too. My last day off is next Monday, so it's crunch time.

It kinda reminds me of 2 years ago when I finished Lufia II in about 4 days right at the end of the summer during my run of Pokemon playing.

Skies of arcadia rules, i have only played a bit of the game a while ago on my friends gc and i loved it. I am planning on using emulation(dc emulation) to play it on my computer.

I am probably going to start breath of fire 1 and/or 2 today.

Guest Plattym3

OK, marathon 5-hour session over. Defeated Digimon World DS. I'm a Tamer King! Damn, I was so overleveled that I was beating subbosses in 1 hit, then I damn near lost to the final boss. I was using items for the first time all day and maybe one of the 2 or 3 times the entire game. Well, that's over so I can finally clear it from my list and my G6. Lots of interesting games coming out this Fall...

Well at the moment im playin DQIII and VIII. But i recently ordered The Orange Box off of da internet so when that hits home ill prob play that for a few weeks maybe less. after that ill go back to VIII

Ok, up until recently i was playing Tactics Advance 2, but i stopped. Here's what i think of it (copied from a post i made on another forum):

Final Fantasy Tactics Advance 2 - Ok, what can i say after 20 hours of playing this game i just put it down and said "**** it" - $#!& slow battles, stupid laws that for some reason apply to you and no-one else, being forced to start every battle with zero mp (mp is restored by 10 each turn...), missions taking far too long (if you're lucky you'll get two or threee done in an hour), enemies casting blind/confuse etc far too often, enemies constantly hasting and buffing themselves forcing you to sit through a million slow animations before your own team can do anything, rubbish graphics, non-existant story. Everything about this game just grates.

The problem is, the game isn't challenging in the slightest, but the developers throw everything at you to draw out the battles as long as posssible - you know you're going to win, but with a 100 enemies to mow down all hasting themselves...i think you get the idea! So what if there are almost 60 jobs, most of them are crap, and i'll be damned if anyone can be arsed trying them out since the game is so $#!&ing boring and easy. Yes you can break the laws with almost no consequence, but to be hoenst that just goes to show that they shouldn't be there in the first place - why should I be made to feel like i'm cheating? Every single battle you enter there's something you're not allowed to do. It doesn't add tactical depth, it doesn't add challenge - it's just bullshit. In fact that sums up the whole of FFTA2 - bullshit.

I'm afraid to go back to the orginal (TA1 i mean) which i loved so much since i'll probably discover that's it's just as crap. Having played Disgaea 2 in the meantime, there's no going back. This game doesn't deserve to be mentioned in the same breath. You might think "that's a bit harsh", but honestly, it's not nearly harsh enough. If you haven't yet played this game, don't bother, there isn't an ounce of pleasure to be had from it.

So that's that!

At the moment i've nothing really specific on - gone back to GH3 on PS2, started playing the single player campaign in Age of Empires III, started an Asian career in Forza 2, finally got around to starting Animal Crossing Wild World which my sister got ages ago...but none of them are really holding me. I think i will go back to Viewtiful Joe on the PS2, been meaning to return to it for a long while now...also might try to finally wrap up the Phantom Hourglass - i got near the end but the The World Ends With You came out and took over my life! Not to mention GTA IV (which i sort of grew to hate, much like FFTA2). I'm also waiting for a friend to give me a loan of Okami on the Wii - looking forward to digging my teeth into that!

Enough of my ramblings, just figured i'd write down everything since i just joined tonight. :)

Still cranking on FF IV:DS... man this game is a nightmare for difficulty. I'm just up the point where I'm heading into the lunar core.

;) I'm still churning away at Dragon Quest VII, I've currently mastered three more classes for Melvin and his level has reached 30 thus catching up with the rest of the party. Now in the following order Melvin has mastered are as follows: Jester, Dancer, Warrior, Thief, Mage, Shepherd, and finally Cleric. Thus getting RobMagic and Increase and a few other useful spells and skills in the process. Next up is Bard, then Mariner and finally Fighter, thus finishing off the First Tier classes for Melvin. You can tell I have the Job system pretty well mapped out.

well this is my first post for this thread hehe

I been playing through Final Fantasy 9 again..i forgot how fun this one actually was to play I love the way you learn the skills in it.Well after I beat this game I'm either gonna start on Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles:Rings of Fate,

Final Fantasy 4 on the DS,or The World Ends with You.

But I'll more than likely go for Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles:Rings of Fate cause my friend just got it the other day too and I heard that multiplayer is rather good on it if you have a full team of 4 people playing,so me and my friend may give it a go.but if FFCC:RoF doesn't work out I will go for The World Ends with You, that game has a very unique

style of play to it that intrigues me alot.

I was looking for good DQ game to play but I have beaten them all so far so I'm gonna wait to see what is coming out I guess lol

All I'm playing at the moment is DQVIII. The in-game timer says I've been playing for about 90 hours but it's probably more like 70 to 75. I've just left it on while I go on the internet, go to the shop or go and have a conversation with someone else in the house. In fact, Trode even said "Have you been leaving the game on overnight while you sleep?" in the Battle Records screen.

So yeah, 70 to 75 of actual gameplay and that's still longer than it should have taken me to get to where I am - just got to Empycchu or however you spell it. It's strange though, I think I'm quite over-levelled since I'm about level 38 and in my last save game from years ago when I was at the Dark Citadel, I was level 42 and my playtime was a rather ridiculous 140 hours. Despite that, Trode has often said "You really are intent on not levelling up, aren't you?" on several occasions.

I loved it last time I played it but had quite a lot of reservations. My main issue was that I went through a period where I just couldn't be bothered to play it because the story was so un-engaging. It took until the story events at Arcadia for me to get into the story more. I mean, let's face it - after you get Angelo the story really flattens out for a very long time and doesn't remotely pick up again until you go to the Dark Ruins. I really think they should have started the game with the event of Dhoulmagus taking the staff, then had you, Medea and Trode leave together and the meeting with Yangus on the bridge could have been the tutorial battle, with Trode shouting advice at you; "Use 'Attack' to beat up that ruffian at once!". It would have set the story up much better than beginning in a miscellaneous glade somewhere and being told "We have to find this guy".

However, this time around none of those things bothered me. I think it's because playing DQIII put it all in context for me. In DQIII there are no characters with personality (it wasn't that they tried and failed - it just wasn't something Enix seemed to have even slightly aimed for), no real story to speak of and potentially massive gaps between anything interesting happening. Somehow it all remains enjoyable, though. Seeing the past of DQ helped me to accept DQVIII for what it was. This time around I also noticed more of the in-jokes that I totally missed before - I mean, this time I actually recognised Taloon and Ragnar in the Monster Arena!

Guest Plattym3

Well, finally picked Legend of Dragoon back up. I've had almost 12 free hours today with my wife at work and then out with friends, but I've only put in about 5 hours (too much time here at the Den!).

I just beat Lloyd in the icy area. I at least want to get to Disc 4 today or tomorrow and make a big push to finish it on Monday, my last day before returning to work.

In fact, Trode even said "Have you been leaving the game on overnight while you sleep?"

;) This is Lulz on a decent scale. Well, maybe worth a chuckle anyway. :laugh:

Anyway, finally decided to finish up Mardra and of course Maribel left me though her purposes for doing so wasn't as selfish as a certain someone we all know. But anyway, I got Aira and now I am again building up class levels in the cave below the Lefa Fane. Doesn't hurt to be prepared for the Hell Cloud right?

Agreed, DQVIII had some pretty hilarious moments in it, especially with Yangus and Red. I'm hoping DQIX keeps up the humor... I love a few good laughs in my RPGs.

Anyway, on topic... been playing a bit of Madden '07 on the DS. Taking a bit of a break of FFIVDS since it's so frustratingly difficult in the lunar core.

Edited by zcm

I'm almost done with my final playthrough of FF4 DS, I'm just trying to get a few items that I haven't gotten yet, mainly the Glass Helm and the bomb call spell. At least now the party is powerful enough to work under auto combat for every battle now so I can do hw while I look for the items. Even had Edge steal a crystal ring while on auto combat.

well i finish FF9 and instead of FFCC:RoF i started on dungeon explorer on the DS i actually like this game a good bit

it is like diablo for the DS...i dont know why ppl dont like this game at all..the online play is pretty fun

but yeah thats all i been doing pretty much...so if anyone has dungeon explorer and wants to play with me online just say so

and i'll find some time to play

;) Still building up class levels and now I am working on monster classes by using some of the hearts I have gained. Right now Gabo is on his 27th class the Wyvern Class after completing all of the Human classes which is also a feat the Hero has done is and along with Melvin, is now on the Healer Class. Aira finished up Sage and Teen Idol and now is on the Summoner class. So you guys think I can beat the Hell Cloud? :laugh:

well i was starting on the DS version of Dungeon explorer but i switched to the PSP version of it now and it is sooo much better, more customization to it and the multiplayer is better on it too, since yesterday i got about 6 hours of play on it..and while i was at work i started DQM:caravan heart on my gba emulator on my psp as well i got to the part where you can start using monster hearts to change and imporve your gaurdian monsters..i have to admit DQM:CH is rather fun to kill time with.

I am currently playing dragon quest vii and xenogears. In vii I was finished with the dharma region and then leveled up 5 classes for each character. The Hero's classes are warrior, cleric, mage, mariner, thief, and now fighter. Maribel is a dancer, cleric, mage, bard, sheperd and now a jester. Gabo is a slime, mimic, evilturtle, bombcrag, berserker, and now a wyvern. I am up to the dune region. I was playng xenogears ( if anyone ever played or heard of it) and am up to solaris. I will get back to dragon quest v ps2 soon. :goofyslime:

I began playing power stone collection and am about half way through ff2.

I just started playing Diablo again the other day, and at the moment I have my warrior up to level 27.

After taking a break from Joker to play Rocket Slime, I'm back to developing a team for wi-fi battles...