What are you currently playing?

Guest Plattym3

Currently playing Xenogears fresh off the PSN.

I want to buy Wild Arms or Jade Cocoon too, but I'll hold out my yen for Grandia.

If you do go for WA, there's a tossup between Wild arms, and Wild Arms Alter Code F.

Supposedly ACF is a remake of the original. More playable PCs, more story and such. Never played much of it but I can say with 100% certaintly they don't have the same dugon layouts. At least all teh ones I've been to are diffrent from the original.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So Slime Master, you have about what 70 hours to go :wink: You'll certainly get your money's worth with that game.

;) More like 170 hours since I intend to complete the imagrant town and the Monster Park. As well as master all of the classes.

Playing Xenogears on my PS1. After like 60+ hours I finally made it to Disc 2.

Aside from that, Im also playing Phantasy Star Universe: AoI for the PS2 and Melty Blood Act Cadenza on the PC.

Currently playing Xenogears fresh off the PSN.

I want to buy Wild Arms or Jade Cocoon too, but I'll hold out my yen for Grandia.

If you do go for WA, there's a tossup between Wild arms, and Wild Arms Alter Code F.

Supposedly ACF is a remake of the original. More playable PCs, more story and such. Never played much of it but I can say with 100% certaintly they don't have the same dugon layouts. At least all teh ones I've been to are diffrent from the original.

Thanks for the advice. You think those two are the best in the series then?

I'll go for WA 1 first though seeing how it's on the PSN, and I always like to start a series from it's origins.

Surprising as it is, I haven't played much console games in a long while. I was playing a mmorpg called Nostale all this time. Got a lv 80 swordsman(9th swordsman in ranking and like somewhere in the top 20s of overall until people started passing me, since I stopped playing over a month ago). I also have a lv 50 mage I haven't played much of ina while, and a lv 23 archer that mainly just held stuff from main(item space is limited...).

Currently, I have been playing Angels Online with my ingame gf from Nostale, named missjodie(lv 80 mage). I'm currently about lv 38 swordsman, and will most likely pass 40 over the weekend(another 2x exp weekend xd). I have a lv 37 priest(dang nub caught up to me xd). Jodie has a lv 37 priest, lv 36 priest, and lv 35 warrior(should have been 36, but lost exp from dying too much...). Jodie and I got married in the game, and I formed a league called Mercenaries(to honor the family/guiled we were in on nostale). Got all our alts in it and we share a corporate warehouse, where we put all our gold and items to share/sell.

I was hoping to get back into the ds games I was playing before, but my dad seem to have misplaced the ds when he "borrowed" it....Now I dunno where it is...

Well I was playing World of Warcraft till I got banned for leveling up too fast. It seems they think I was cheating when I actually know how quick it is to level up with the quests. Anyhow I've started a new run in DQ3.

My party consists of:

Culix: Hero

Slime Master: Fighter

Dwaine: Wizard

Necrolord: Priest(Ironic eh?)

I was originally going to play without a wizard, but it just annoying not having that magic cannon. As soon as I can, I'm goona go grab that golden claw for Slime Master and level up like crazy.

Currently, I have been playing Angels Online

I was thinking of getting this for PS3. Looks like a SNES game but hey, at least there's no online charge.

Dragon Quest III (GBC), which I've mentioned before.

The World Ends With You

Etrian Odyssey II

Metal Slug 7

All on my DS. There are loads of games on hold, though. Suikoden II, Metal Gear Solid, Star Ocean 2, Half-Life 2: Episode 1 and Hotel Dusk are just a selection of some of the games that I'm eternally going to get back to "tomorrow".

I actually put Grandia Extreme on hold and got addicted to another game, Metal Saga which is a post apocalyptic RPG based around customizing your own tanks. I own 15 tanks now and they are all based around some of the famous tanks in history like the Abrams, Tiger and Merkava. Its very non-linear and I should beat it in a day or two.

;) EPIC!!! I get the Golden Claw for uber power leveling! Anyways, I'm about 100 hours into Dragon Warrior VII and so far each of my characters have hit their ninth class. Also I have completed tasks in the Litorud region and now exploring the second past of Verdham. Also looking for Small Medals and such too. Next up Litorud in the present and Boloch's Tower!

I got my copy of FF4 DS from gamestop today, played about 5-6 hours so far. The fight with the first elemental fiend was REDICULOUS compared to how it was originally. I mean, he uses slow on everybody, then can also inflict poison, silence (which basically makes Palom, Porom and Tellah useless) and blind (which makes Cecil almost useless). The new challenge level does make the game much more fun IMO, you actually have to think about what you're doing in battle all the time, even in some of the random encounters.

I'm now playing FFIV too. It can actually be quite annoying at times - I've had my party of two wiped out in one attack by an enemy a few times already. The problem is that this isn't like many other RPGs where you can really customise your character; in this you MUST have Rydia and Cecil in your party at this point, they're X level and so have particular spells and abilities and there's no sense of equipment customisation. In short, it's like in something like Zelda - at a given point you'll have certain items and no more; the only way you could be better is if you spent time looking for heart pieces (or grinding in FFIV's case). However, the player's skill can overcome adversity in Zelda whereas in FFIV it's obviously all down to stats and your manual dexterity counts for nothing. Not to mention, in Zelda games you can go off the beaten track and get items before you were "meant" to; FFIV is strictly linear so there's no chance of that happening.

;) Made some more progress on Dragon Quest VII, everyone has tapped into the Intermediate Classes with the Hero mastering Pirate and working on Ranger and Maribel on TeenIdol. After Mastering Healer for Gabo I had him become a Tamer and then a Dragoon after mastering the previously mentioned Tamer class. Like I did before, I plan to have Gabo master all of the Monster Classes through hearts originally found and duplicates going to the Hero. Also I am in the Hamliea region.

I finished Metal Saga with about 40 hours on it including side quests. I'm playing Grandia Extreme again and Final Fantasy 4 for the DS now. I'm really impressed with the improvements on the DS version. Wish they would do that with Chrono Trigger.....

;) DO EEEET!!! Dragon Quest VIII is next on my list and thus the final game in my Dragon Quest marathon. But right now I have to get through the length that is Dragon Quest VII. Right now I am at a split of sorts. I could go to either Probina or the disaster prone region known as Loomin. I chose Loomin since battles there will count towards my overall class levels which speaking, the Hero has nearly mastered the Tamer class which will be his third Intermediate class, Maribel has mastered TeenIdol and almost completed the Sage Class and Gabo is on his third monster Class with Hork being the next one. Also levels are as follows: 34/34/33 Sounds like levels I was at when I challenged Orgodeimer :laugh:

I am going to play through some of the Dragon Quest games to help wait for DQ4. I have never played any of 4-6.

Right now playing DQ1 SNES level 6. Just level grinding right now. Hope to beat it tonight or tomorrow.

UPDATE EDIT:

Now level 15 just have beat the dragon and saved the princess.

Edited by Loto The Bringer of Light
;) Made a little more progress on Dragon Quest VII, Hellvine has been destroyed and Gabo has finally moved on to one of the Advanced Classes, namely the Godhand Class. I figured with some of the more difficult bosses coming up I would need the Gigaslash and UltraHit skills before taking them on, plus it's almost time to get a certain fourth member and begin their training as well.

I'm playing Grandia Extreme a bit again but mostly focusing on Final Fantasy 4 DS. I just finished my first playthrough and carried over quite a bit of good equipment to the second playthrough (1 of all the Onion equipment and 2 Adamant armors along with lots of silver and gold apples). My early characters will be nearly invincible (except Cecil who cant equip the stuff)

;) Just recruited Melvin into my party and now I have begun to built up his Class Levels, also Gabo has now Mastered Godhand and now working on Pirate, with Ranger following afterwords and of course Hero. Also, I need to complete Mardra and Probina as well. Loomin by the way, is now safe and sound.

Mega Man 1 (NES - completed!)

Mega Man 2 (NES - nearly completed)

Castlevania (NES)

Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow (DS)

And a lot of Lost Planet (PS3 - online demo)