Sign in to follow this  
Guest Plattym3

What are you currently playing?

I'm currently playing Dragon Quest Swords. I regret not getting this sooner, because it turned out to be a great game that I underestimated :D

I finished Tales of Legendia although I find out now that there is a huge section of game that can be played after beating the final boss. I'll probably play that out and pick out another game to play before FF4 comes out. I ordered Grandia Extreme for cheap online and I am leaning to playing that next.

;) Put a huge dent into Live a Live by completeing three of the seven scinarios and I'm currently on Cubes. Masaru, the Wrestler reminds me alot of Gai from Naruto for some odd reason.

Haven't had too much time lately, but I've made some advances in Etrian Odyssey II and Lost Odyssey. In Lost Odyssey, I think I'm nearing the end of the second disc. All my characters are around level 30. All Immortals have around 8-10 skill slots each (thanks to the Crow in Saman who gave me the +3 Skill Slot accessory!). Just hit Experimental Staff after fighting the Mantatalas, or whatever they were called (fairly easy battle). I'm at 27 hours into Lost Odyssey.

For Etrian Odyssey II, I'm about 3/4 done with 4F. All my characters (Land"shark", Ronin, Medic, Alchemist and Gunner) are around level 15. Ronin is a power-hitting machine! With Orochi, or whatever the skill is called (Overhead and Orochi are maxed) and Koadachi equipped, he's hitting for around 160+. I also found the secret areas in 2 and 4 floors. Really enjoying it, much like I thoroughly enjoyed the first game.

Guest Plattym3

Well, I've been playing Etrian Odyssey II for a good week straight now, probably 4+ hours daily. I'm done with the 11th floor and I'm wrapping up some quests before headed to do much in the 12th. My party is a Ronin, Landsknecht, War Magus, Gunner, Troubadour. I think mainly thanks to the troubadour's EXP skill, I'm already up to level 36 with most of them. I'm a little overleveled and doing well. Great game.

Picked up Rock Band for the Wii on Sunday. Finally got a chance to play yesterday and played for about 4 hours. Around 9:30 my wife wanted to play last night and we played till midnight. We're working our way through the songs on the Multiplayer mode. I've tried the singing and I suck. I'm not too good at the drums yet, but I only tried them out on 2 songs. I'm getting better with the guitar. I decided to forget the easy mode and jump straight to medium, which is challenging with a few songs, but I'm pushing through. I never knew my wife could sing so well. She sang Dirty Little Secret with 100% accuracy on the Medium level last night. I've never seen someone nail 100% on anything with Rock Band. That was impressive.

;) Completed a little more of Live A Live only two more scinarios remain and I am currently taking on Squares Interpritation of the Old West. Seems like the boys at Square seen alot of Clint Eastwood movies when they were working on this game as some of the references though subtile peek through from time to time

playing Yakuza.

How far are you in it?

I will start playing it again soon.

After mgs4, then i am replaying the mgs franchise and mgo probably by the end of the summer i will get to yakuza.

Finished Chrono Trigger: Prophet's Guile(hack) a couple of days ago and it wasn't bad, though very short.

Currently playing Unlimited SaGa - on fourth character, Ventus about halfway. Xenosaga - just got through that big Gnosis ship part, and San Andreas - though beaten, just getting extras like insane jumps, tags I missed(1 freakin tag out of the 100!), etc.

I am currently playing Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past. I am playing SNES Rom version.

playing Yakuza.

How far are you in it?

I will start playing it again soon.

After mgs4, then i am replaying the mgs franchise and mgo probably by the end of the summer i will get to yakuza.

chapter 8 >_>

Well, a quick update on my games:

Lost Odyssey - Just completed Disc 2, and started Disc 3. All characters are around 30-31 in level. I am back in Samano, after the experimental grand staff and what happened there. Around 29 hours in.

Etrian Odyssey II - About ready to take on the Chimarea on 5F. All my people are around level 18, close to 19. I have a little more to map of 5F before I take the boss on.

OK - well, I decided to pick up FFTA2 last night. I happened to stop by my local Wal-Mart Super center since it is on my way home from work at UPS, and they already had FFTA2 out on the shelf, so I picked up my copy. I started the game in Hard mode, and completed the tutorial and the first story-related battle. I have close to 2 hours in the game, so far. I managed to get some jobs/quests for items, exp, etc. Used the bazaar feature which is similar to FFXII's, but also different. It is kind of hard to explain unless you play the game. I like it.

One feature I like, though, is the Clan Judges. I wasn't a big fan of the Judge's in FFTA... I thought the punishment was a bit harsh, luckily it has been toned down in this version. BUT, what I find interesting is if you obey your Clan Judge's law and complete the battle the Judge will issue additional items. Also, before the start of battles you can pick one of many different abilities for the battle. For example, you can have your power raised, or your exp raised at the end of the battle, etc. A Clan Privilege is what it is called, I believe.

I'm enjoying all, but I better hurry up and start completing them... I think my head is going to explode with 3 RPGs going on at once, haha. :evillaugh::wd_coolslime:

Finished Chrono Trigger: Prophet's Guile(hack) a couple of days ago and it wasn't bad, though very short.

Currently playing Unlimited SaGa - on fourth character, Ventus about halfway. Xenosaga - just got through that big Gnosis ship part, and San Andreas - though beaten, just getting extras like insane jumps, tags I missed(1 freakin tag out of the 100!), etc.

Where did you get the Chrono Trigger hack from? Which Emulator can I play it on?

;) Made some more progress on Live a Live, currently on the eighth chapter the Mideval setting. Cleared all of the other scinarios and now to prepare for the last portions.

Playing Etrian Odyssey 2. Finally beat up the boss in the first stratum and onto the 6th floor... damn this game is uber hard

Playing Etrian Odyssey 2. Finally beat up the boss in the first stratum and onto the 6th floor... damn this game is uber hard

I know! Ain't it great! These games a breath of fresh air, as many games in the genre were becoming mindlessly easy.

I found me another hack(Chrono Chronicles) and I'm about halfway through it. Schala is dead on Chrono Cross right? After you beat Lavos she disappears/fades away to the afterlife or something(been a while since I beat it) I thought. Couldn't find the story for this, sorry for asking.

Finished it in about 4 hours. Now playing last hack I know of for Chrono Trigger(Chrono Shift) before I go back to regular games.

Edited by Olimpior

I know! Ain't it great! These games a breath of fresh air, as many games in the genre were becoming mindlessly easy.

Ha, I know what you mean. this game also has so many options that I can never choose between. that's also something you don't see much in the RPG's today

Guest Plattym3

I've had to level up a couple of side-quest members for my EO2 game. Got a Hexer with poison & a Dark Hunter with the instant-kill all maxed out (about level 15-17). Those are just for the purpose of farming money from the 1st & 2nd stratum bosses. I've got my levels for my main team into the 40s, but I haven't even found the 3rd stratum boss yet. The 3rd stratum is just annoying with A LOT OF monsters that cannot be damaged except for elemental (I guess, only my gunner with voltshot or iceshot does normal damage). There's also a lot of ice. Think of playing DQIV's ice cave for 5 floors in addition to the normal EO frustration and you can begin to guess how hard this game gets. I'm going to find the 3rd boss & kill him today.

;) Finished up the Mideival Chapter in Live a Live and decided to go for the "Sad Ending" to technicly finish the game. Now I'm going for the Good ending by playing the last chapter properly.

Guest Plattym3

Beat that darn 3rd stratum boss in EO2. I read on GameFAQs from someone who beat the boss in high level 20s or 30s. Geeze, I got killed at least 4 times and my party averages 45. Had to finally use some Skill Points on my Ronin. I had 12 in reserve! I forget all about them until I reach parts I cannot beat. Oh well, onto the 16th floor. I have a feeling that I'm not going to like this stratum. Someone in town mentioned "floating islands". I hated the ice parts and now I really don't like randomly going from island to island on boats or clouds or whatever they're up to this time.

Some crazy guy that is... anyway

Finally reached 8th floor, and a geomagnetic pole.. man, these are a god send.

and all of the sudden, out of nowhere, an FOE surprised me from a corner and I couldn't run. killed me in 5 turns (1 turn per person killed... sad) and I lost about 40 minutes of hard work. Shoulda used that warp wire when I touched that pole

Guest Plattym3

Warp wires are your friend! I rarely go more than 15-20 minutes without warping back and saving. I've got all the money I need 150,000+ so I spam the Ward Charms or whatever they are. I warp back to save, use a ward charm to get back to where I was with few/no enemy encounters.

;) Well now that I got the good ending to Live a Live and thus finished it up once and for all, I think it's time I FINALLY move on to Dragon Quest Monsters Caravan Heart since everyone else here finished it up back in march as usual I fall behind in playing :laugh: but on the upside, there are availible strategies for use as well.

Guest Plattym3

Have fun with it. I absolutely LOVED that game. Here's a link to the breeding charts I combined into 1 big page:

http://h1.ripway.com/plattym3/CaravanHeart/allcharts.html

OK, got tired of playing EO2 for a bit (I'll pick it back up next week). Played about 4 hours of Legend of Dragoon last night and today. I'm enjoying the game and the story and the battles (which are a bit SLOWWWWWWWWWWWW, but that's why I watch episodes of Babylon 5 during them). I'll probably stick with going between games for a few weeks.