What are you currently playing?

Guest Plattym3

Still playing Mystery Dungeon: Shiren the Wanderer on the DS. I'm thinking I'm about halfway done with the game. At around 15 hours. I love this game for the fact of how closely it resembles and plays like Torneko: The Last Hope for the PSX. I really enjoy ChunSoft's mystery dungeon games.

If all goes well, by the end of the week I'll be starting Eternal Sonata (RPG by Bandai-Namco) for the XBox 360. As much as I've been on SONY's bandwagon over the last 10+ years (PSX and PS2), I'm jumping ship as NOTHING on the PS3 (except for GT5) has piqued my interest. And a Wii is just too damn hard to get without overpaying $100-150 for a system that is bundled with games I wouldn't probably buy in the first place. The XBox 360 has close to 8-10 games I like right now, and hopefully it will jump to 15-18 by the end of the year. Tales of Vesperia and The Last Remnant are also reasons I'd like to get an XBox 360 (and, yes, I know The Last Remnant is also coming out for the PS3).

Edited by Neclord
  • Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

;) I've made a boatload of progress on Dragon Quest V. The Hero has grown up now and I have picked up some of the best monsters around aka Pierre and Healie. I've completed events in Reinhart and I have re-united with Borongo. Now it's on to Salabona.
Guest Plattym3
Still playing Mystery Dungeon: Shiren the Wanderer on the DS. I'm thinking I'm about halfway done with the game. At around 15 hours. I love this game for the fact of how closely it resembles and plays like Torneko: The Last Hope for the PSX. I really enjoy ChunSoft's mystery dungeon games.

How can you tell you're half-way through? Do you have some weapon caches in the towns built up somewhere?

I'm about 10 hours into ChunSoft's other Mystery Dungeon game out recently: Pokemon MD2. Really enjoying this game for its simplicity and mindless playing. Did a bunch of WiFi rescues yesterday and got tons of team points and EXP. I think I'm really WAY overleveled at the point I'm at. I'm doing A ranked hunting missions and killing the prey in 2-3 rounds.

Also, picked up my 2nd game for the Wii today. Mario Kart Wii. It's a blast. I've beaten a bunch of the 50cc races and done a bunch of online WiFi racing. That's quite fun. Definately different than the normal. Going to try to really beat this version of the game to open all racers and tracks. Love playing with the Wii Wheel.

Got my XBox 360 today! I also bought a SONY Bravia 5.1 Theater-in-a-box to hook up to my HDTV. A fairly cheap setup; definitely not a Denon receiver powering Paradigm speakers, thats for sure, but the sound is still pretty darn good! The setup is sweet! Got my XBox 360, TV and DVD player hooked to the HDMI slots (it has three total on the receiver).

The picture is great! Currently playing Blue Dragon. I couldn't decide which game to play first (as I have four currently) and my fiance picked two random ones up and I picked the hand with Blue Dragon. The game is created by Hironobu Sakaguchi (creator of Final Fantasy), Akira Toriyama (character designer) and Nobuo Uematsu (music composition) The game isn't revolutionary in terms of the mechanics, but it has the "old school" feeling to it (story, battle, etc.) and I really like that. Currently around 4 hours into the game. Some pretty good music, overall. A little different than Uematsu's usual stuff.

;) I've finished up events in Salabona and am now Married XD I've also been recruiting monsters like crazy while building up levels. I've even managed to snag a Metal Babble along with a Dancing Jewel with levels maxed out. (Except for Metal Babble since I would need a whopping 500K Exp to pull that off ^^;) The monsters I find the most useful are Pierre (obviously), Healie, Wynn and Borongo. Though the Messala and Ork King are good to have too. I am now about to traverse the Tomb of the Kings in Granvainia to claim my birth right.

Momotarou Densetsu; PS1 remake of a NES game. A couple hours into it. Seems good and the story/characters are very funny. Though I just got my ass royally handed to me by a boss at the top of some stone steps. If that's an indication of the game's balance (I'd already putting a fair bit of training/equipment buying into it) my stay may be a short one, which would be a shame.

Kingdom Hearts. I just finally got it today; one of those games I'd played a bit but had never gotten around to buying. Currently at level 9 and I just acquired the Gummi Ship.

Still been pluggin' away at Blue Dragon this weekend. Got around 9 1/2 hours in to the game, so far. All my characters are level 16-17 and have all available classes (the ones they can turn into) at level 10 or greater (the class system is kind of like Final Fantasy III). I managed to put some time into the game as this weekend has been crappy in the weather department, so I couldn't work in the yard and help rake my mothers yard like I originally was going to.

I'm still on the first DVD out of three. I'm really, really enjoying this game. When I quit for a break or when real-life is calling, all I want to do is still play it, haha. I don't know why it got so many mediocre reviews. I'm enjoying this one immensely!

Still on Kingdom Hearts. Up to Level 19 now, just locked one of the portals and beat Cerberus. I like how you have to go back and forth between the worlds to get so much accomplished in each one. Man, I'll say I was stuck on the battle with Clayton and the Chameleon for quite a while though... I think it took me 6 tries to finally beat him.

I hit level 70 on my druid in WoW last Thursday I think it was. 70 is the current max level, though whatever expansion pack comes out next will probably bump it up to 80 (it used to be 60 before Burning Crusade), and it sure took me a hell of a long time to get it. Almost three months, if I remember right. Still got a lot of work ahead of me though, got to work on getting my leatherworking skill up as well as get geared up for the bigger raids. My guild is currently working on Karazhan, which is a ten-man raid with a seven day lockout timer. From what I understand, it means you have seven days to finish the dungeon before it resets and you have to start over again. If it's any indication how big the place is, the dungeon resets for us tonight and we still haven't cleared it.

Level 33 now, and I'm stuck on the battle with Ursula in her 2nd form. I need to stock up on more potions or level up a bit more... I'm close, but can't quite outlast her.

Worked my way up to level 50, I'm just doing some leveling and going back through the worlds to find stuff before head back to the Hollow again.

Guest Plattym3
Playing Pokemon mysterious dungon dark, beat the first story line, readying myself for the second.

Haven't gotten though the first storyline yet. Things are real busy with school ending, planning a vacation that starts 3 days later, and tons of parties and things we've been invited to lately. Really want a good 4-5 hour block to get more done.

I think I'm up to 20+ hours.

Playing Pokemon mysterious dungon dark, beat the first story line, readying myself for the second.

Haven't gotten though the first storyline yet. Things are real busy with school ending, planning a vacation that starts 3 days later, and tons of parties and things we've been invited to lately. Really want a good 4-5 hour block to get more done.

Yeah the final levels and bosses are a royal PAIN. I ran into issues, having charmander and bulbasaur as my team. You're going to have issues if you don't have an area attack for the second last boss before the end.

Where are you in the story anyways?

Level 57, and I just finished off the main storyline. That has to be the longest boss battle sequence in the history of video games.

Still playing Blue Dragon. Haven't had much time lately, but I was able to put in a good 4 hour session today. Currently 16 hours into the game, and still on the first disc. All my characters levels are 22-23. Just got to Jibral Castle/Town. The game's difficulty is starting to go up quite a bit... some of the last normal enemies I fought were hitting for over 150+ damage (300+ with a critical). The game is in Dragon Quest fashion of using three digits, instead of the usual 4 or more in other games (999 HPs is the most you can get, etc.).

When I'm in the process of letting the XBox take a breather (it can get quite hot, so I try not to go over 4 hour sessions at a time without letting it rest a 2-3 hours), I decided to install Heroes of Might and Magic III Complete on the computer. Going to play through the campaigns again... it has been nearly 6-7 years since I last played through the campaigns of one of the greatest turn-based strategy games to ever grace the PC.

Starting with the original game, "Restoration of Erathia" and am in the third map mission of "Long Live the Queen" (Castle campaign).

Edited by Neclord
Guest Plattym3

Yeah the final levels and bosses are a royal PAIN. I ran into issues, having charmander and bulbasaur as my team. You're going to have issues if you don't have an area attack for the second last boss before the end.

I'm a Piplup with a Pikachu as a partner. He has 2 good moves that have helped with monster houses both in the regular game and with saves (Discharge - attacks everyone in room, and Thunder - attacks everyone in the 8 squares around him). I tried forever to get this combination. I wanted a water-type Pokemon (for walking all over water) with an electric as my sidekick.

I just finished the Brine Cave. I guess the Temporal Tower or whatever it's called on the other side of the ocean is coming up soon.

Still just working on side quests, up to level 61 now. I'm gonna lay off it for a while so I can get back to my VX game... I was playing it in most of my free time for the last solid week. That's how I do my gaming though. I won't touch it for a month or two, then I'll get a new game and just lay into it hours on end until I finish.

I'm a Piplup with a Pikachu as a partner. He has 2 good moves that have helped with monster houses both in the regular game and with saves (Discharge - attacks everyone in room, and Thunder - attacks everyone in the 8 squares around him). I tried forever to get this combination. I wanted a water-type Pokemon (for walking all over water) with an electric as my sidekick.

I just finished the Brine Cave. I guess the Temporal Tower or whatever it's called on the other side of the ocean is coming up soon.

Yeah. It is. And you're lucky. Neither of mine had a good area attack so I would get screwed easy. Since Charmander dosne't learn overheat, and I could never find a TM for it. And I don't think bulba gets an area attack at ALL