What are you currently playing?

Guest Plattym3

;) Would the town be Kaipo by any chance? :wink:

Anyways, I've finished up the tower of Najima and obtained the Thief's Key and I have gotten the Magic Ball from Reeve. Now it's on to the Cave of Enticement and many battles with Demon Anteaters and Spiked Hares and Babbles. Levels are currently:

Hero: 10/Solider: 11/Pilgrim: 11/Wizard: 11. A bit high for this part of the game but hey, it's following my old walkthru that I wrote a few years back.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

;) Would the town be Kaipo by any chance? :wink:

Anyways, I've finished up the tower of Najima and obtained the Thief's Key and I have gotten the Magic Ball from Reeve. Now it's on to the Cave of Enticement and many battles with Demon Anteaters and Spiked Hares and Babbles. Levels are currently:

Hero: 10/Solider: 11/Pilgrim: 11/Wizard: 11. A bit high for this part of the game but hey, it's following my old walkthru that I wrote a few years back.

Yes, that would be the name of the town. Ironically, I can only remember a handful of towns and areas in Final Fantasy IV, even after playing it so much. :P Baron, Fabul, Mysidia, Tower of Bab-il, Mt. Ordeals, etc.

Guest Plattym3

Plugging away at Digimon World DS & Shiren the Wanderer DS. Neither one is really keeping my attention. Digimon seems too long and random and I miss not having a shiny guide book like I do with Pokemon games. Shiren involves you dying over and over and over again while building up a huge stockpile of stuff at various floors in the dungeon. I hate dying and starting over at level 1. I think it's time to start up Skies of Arcadia soon on Wii and get into that game.

;) About to head north to the Village of the Elves in Dragon Quest III, but before I did that, I did a little extra power leveling around Isis and The Pyramid. Also, with the extra gold I gathered I bought some much needed armor and Weapon Upgrades. Levels are 15/16/16/15.

Levels 50-52 right now, I beat the Lord of the Dragovians in the first trial and picked the Armor as my prize. Just doing some leveling and cooking up a few items in the alchemy pot before I go back to take him on again.

Well after playing ff tactics and disgea i decided to go back to dw 7. Other than that i am also playing god of war chains of Olympus for psp and crysis on pc. Overall i was surprised by gow for psp its better than i though and i realized that crysis is mainly mindless sure the ai can be challenging at times but the story sucks (it got bad as soon as they introduced those alien things).

I dont know where to post this but i have noticed some errors in the shard list for dw 7 posted on this site. Maybe they are errors or there could be something wrong with me lol. Shortly i will post the errors just so someone can double check or tell me i am crazy lol.

Falrod (NE Aqua Pedestal)

Mt. Ceide (Past): In chest on 2F

Mt: Ceide (Past): In chest on 5F

Mt: Ceide (Present): Receive from the converted DeathPal

For the last one where it says present wouldnt that be in the past unless i am wrong you get it after the fight with deathpal.

There was another error but i cant find it right now mainly because of my short term memory but i will post it when i discover it again. Also note that i did this part a while ago (a month or two) so i could be a little delusional.

Edited by haseeb
;) Awesome job Z, I never bothered with the bonus dungeon in Dragon Quest VIII, and i was in the mid 40s when I took on Rhapthrone. I've been power leveling in that small patch that is just south of the cave west of Noinels building levels up. I've not gotten the Dream Ruby yet nor have I taken on Kandar and his gang. Current levels are: 16/18/17/17. I hope to reach Dharma Temple by the end of today.

Really? That's suprising coming from you. :o

You really should, there's a whole new subplot that opens up and a different ending if you go back and beat Rhapthorne again after you finish it.

*edit* I should note that I've read that thre's a different ending, I haven't beaten Rhapthorne again because I want to get all the best equipment first. However, I have little reason to doubt the source so I'm taking it as true.

Edited by zcm
Guest Plattym3
Still trudging along through Etrian Odyssey. I'm to the third floor.

That's the operative verb in that sentence (and in that game). Really liked that game, but it was a long chore to beat. I played it over the summer and watched about 100 episodes of Stargate SG-1 while playing to keep me interested.

Still going about Company of Heroes. I haven't been playing much because of work, but I got some free time in today. Managed to take Hill 192, and now I'm after St. Lo. In this map, I'm suppose to capture all strategic points around the German HQ prompting them to retreat out of the decayed city.

Other than that, I'm waiting for Wild ARMs XF for the PSP. I should be getting it tomorrow. I can't wait!

Edited by Kage

Well, I haven't accomplished much more, been kinda busy since we've had good weather. I did get the Megaton hammer made... it was rather disappointing since it took like 3 hours cooking in the pot. Making a Sun Crown right now, hopefully that's less of a waste of time.

;) I just remembered that I had a second run through of New Super Mario Brothers on the back burner which I managed to take care of just a little while ago. I've managed to complete everything required for 100% and with out of the way I can focus even more on my Dragon Quest Marathon, which I also made some more progress on. Now I have obtained the Magic Key and am on my way to Portoga. Levels are 21/21/21/21. Pretty over leveled for that part of the game isn't it?
;) I just remembered that I had a second run through of New Super Mario Brothers on the back burner which I managed to take care of just a little while ago. I've managed to complete everything required for 100% and with out of the way I can focus even more on my Dragon Quest Marathon, which I also made some more progress on. Now I have obtained the Magic Key and am on my way to Portoga. Levels are 21/21/21/21. Pretty over leveled for that part of the game isn't it?

lol a little over leveled? I am playing through DW3 on my laptop at work and I just killed Orochi at around levels 21/22/22/17 (turned my Pilgrim into a Sage). I'd say you'll have no problems for a bit :P

Along with DW3 I'm also playing through DW1 on my cell phone and I just started a game on FF12. I bought the Collectors Edition a few years ago, figured I might as well sit down and play it. Currently Just got done with the Tiamat fight and I've got just over 30 hours into it already (I am way over-leveled for where I'm at. Boss fights and normal enemies are stupid easy). I can't wait for next week when I put in my order for my Import DQ4r DS. Gonna play the hell out of that game :D

Currently levels 58-62, I've beaten the Lord of the Dragonians in his Red, Emerald, Silver, and Gold forms so far. Still just leveling up and cooking up some stuff in the alchemy pot... have some King Metal Armor going right now and I'm going to work on a Saintess Shield next unless I manage to get another slime crown first, then I'll make another set of the armor or another King Metal Helm.

;) Now I've finished up some random business in Muor and am scaling the Tower of Garuna, I've managed to beef my levels up to 25 for each member of the party and inching on the 26 mark. Defeated parties of Infurnus Knights, Barnabas, and Witches earlier helped a lot in this task and now I am hunting down Metal Slimes to boost my levels even further. Once done in the Tower of Garuna it'll be time to give Kandar another whopping, and if I reach level 27 or 28 it'll be a brutal dog pile.

I finally got Joker this morning, and have spent an unhealthy amount of time with it over the course of the day. Just as addictive as the first two games.

I'm on the island with that ugly lady's big house and garden. I still have my original Dracky, a Heal Slime I caught on the last island, and a King Slime I synthed. Needless to say that last monster is by far the best I have. Enemies hardly make a dent in him, he hits hard, and has Multiheal. Heal Slime just isn't pulling his weight, so he'll be getting the axe as soon as I decide who to replace him with. Might set out to synth a Metal Slime Knight tomorrow if possible.

But yes this game is fantastic. Lovely visuals, too.

Taking another crack at Phantasy Star III. Started over. Level 7, first generation. Only have Rhys so far.

Edited by Red Dragon
;) Still on Dragon Warrior III, and my entire party's levels are 28 and I am just now going through the cave where you take on Kandar and his goons again. I'm just wandering around the cave building up some Gold to place into the back, gain some extra EXP and of course searching for random treasure. I think in the next few days I should have the game complete thus I can start on Dragon Warrior IV again. It's been to long since I last played this gem.

Levels 66-71 now; have all of the Dragovian Trials prizes but I couldn't beat the Lord of the Dragovians in all of his forms. Made it to the Divine Dragon and lost, but that was a couple of levels ago. Doing some leveling up and then I'll go back to beat him again. Figure another 2 or 3 levels up should be enough, I was pretty close last time.

Playing FFVI for some epic nostalgia. I dont know why but the events in this game always hype me up no matter how many times I've played it. God I cant wait to fight Ultros in the rafters of the Opera House. :goofyslime:

Been playing Wild ARMs XF for the PSP. This game is GREAT! I absolutely LOVE reading the reviews of the hot-shot "big" review magazines and sites (1up, IGN, Gamespot) as they constantly $#!&@ at the difficulty, and whatever else they can find "negative" about the game. I haven't enjoyed a SRPG (Tactical RPG) since playing Final Fantasy Tactics for the first time. This game definitely brings the strategy portion back to the limelight, as many battles depend on it.

Upon starting the game, I instantly got a sense of nostalgia, as the opening is a remix version of the original Wild ARMs opening theme. To this day, I consider the opening music and video to that game as one of the all-time best for an RPG (with Suikoden II probably at the top of my list in the greatest opening movie for an RPG). Let's just say, as a younger lad, I instantly wanted to be able to play it on my guitar. :wd_coolslime:

Anyways, I'm in Act 1 - 5. I need to rescue some prisoners out of a prison. Currently, I'm trying to build up some levels for my characters, and build my CSP (Class experience) to gain new skills and use those skills in other classes (Wild ARMs XF has 20 classes). So far, I've had to restart a few times on battles, as my strategy was not sufficient and I ended up losing the battle. The music is great, graphics are great, and the story... I can't really comment, but it is more about politics rather than the usual Wild ARMs story (more a long the lines of Final Fantasy Tactics). So far, I'm enjoying it. Currently got 5 hours into it.

Edited by Kage