What are you currently playing?

Guest Plattym3

;) Well, I have mopped up the floor with the Dragonlord and thus finished off Dragon Warrior I on my Marathon, up next it's the cult of Malroth and the forces of it's leader Hargon in Dragon Warrior II, and yes I will be playing the NES version for extra challenge. My final level in Dragon Warrior I NES is 30, I also have all availible items and maxed out gold among maxed levels. Thus making another ultimate file for Platty's save state shrine if he wants it. Anyways, on to Dragon Warrior II NES.
  • Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

;) Well, I have mopped up the floor with the Dragonlord and thus finished off Dragon Warrior I on my Marathon, up next it's the cult of Malroth and the forces of it's leader Hargon in Dragon Warrior II, and yes I will be playing the NES version for extra challenge. My final level in Dragon Warrior I NES is 30, I also have all availible items and maxed out gold among maxed levels. Thus making another ultimate file for Platty's save state shrine if he wants it. Anyways, on to Dragon Warrior II NES.

Four Green Dragons Appear....Green Dragon attacks before Slime Master was Ready. Green Dragon blows scortching flames.....:evillaugh:

;):laugh: Funny thing is, I've had that happen too. :laugh:

Was out all day so I only did the first two monster Arena rounds... funny thing. I did see that building but I never noticed the guy up top so when I couldn't open the door I just passed it by. Never came back after I got the keys either until you guys said where it was.

Picked up a new (to me) Intellivision today so I'm playing that a bit. Can't beat the classics.

Intellivision. I wish I still had one, just for about a handful of games. Treasure of Tarmin, Poker, Cards, Night Stalker, River Raid, Ice Trek, that one dragon game I can't rememer.

At least I can play a couple of those games (Shark Shark) on Intellivision Lives for PS2, but the controls are so much different.

Guest Plattym3

WAHOO! Finally beat Magical Starsign. Put in like 3-4 hours yesterday. Beat it around the 28-29 hour mark. OK, I'm all done with most games I'd had in progress. Waiting for the old/new Mystery Dungeon coming to DS this week!

Still hammering away at the campaign portion of Company of Heroes. Man, some of these are quite difficult on normal settings (I couldn't believe how difficult they would be on hard or ultra/extreme difficulty). I just liberated the port town of Cherbourg. I'm now in a mission where my objective is to take out the V-2 Rocket base with my paratroopers and Rangers. There is no base-building in this operation. The only way I can get more troops is to call them in as reinforcements.

Also, I've been fooling around with RPG Maker VX. Started a small, demo-type game (got the world map the way I like it) and am now into the coding part for towns, NPCs, etc. Have yet to make the dungeons, or tower designs. I'm really liking it. I'm seriously considering purchasing by the time the trial is over. I'm also still hammering out the database portion (mostly items, weapons, armor and skill/magic values) and monster strength.

Edited by Kage
;) Hammered away ad Dragon Warrior II some, I've rescued the Princess and now all three Heroes have united to stand up to Hargon. Though I need to build some levels and gold. And since this is the NES version, Metal Slimes and Metal Babbles will not yield as much Experience as they do in the remakes. Any good level grinding spots for this point in the game?
Guest Plattym3

Don't stone me, but I wanted something to play on my DS, so I started Digimon World DS today. Only played 15 minutes so far, but I may play more if I have time tonight.

;) Awesomeness! Captain Crow proved to be one of the more difficult bosses I faced, though no where near as hard as an upcoming boss. Anyways, I have done some more progress on Dragon Warrior II and all that is left is the infamous trek to Rhone and the enemies that await. But I am not afraid for I have a Dragon's Potion in my inventory and now I can save anywhere I want to. This will come in handy for future level grinding. Levels so far are 26/24/20.

Yeah, he was pretty tough. Having to defend all those rounds after he psyched up made for a long battle.

Anyhoo, levels 39-40 right now. Just going all over the world trying to find every little item and side quest I can before I go real deep into the Dark Citadel. Man, that thing is a confusing mess; I still haven't made it that far in.

;) Oh lord yes, the Dark Citadel is like Spectacle Rock in the original Legend of Zelda, a maze, though it's a pretty good Grinding spot if you become to frustrated with tring to defeat hordes of Liquid Metal Slimes, Metal Slimes and Metal Slime Kings.
Guest Plattym3

I'm about 4 hours into Digimon World DS. Waiting for the ROM of Mystery Dungeon Shiren the Wanderer DS to pop up online. I've been wanting to play that game for a month now, and thought I'd find the rom last night, but it's still not out.

Finished playing Lufia 2 for probably the bajillionth time today, the ending still makes my eyes water a lilttle bit. :(

Started Lufia 1 after some DDR in between, and thanks to the magic power of frameskipping, I'm headed to the tower to get Jerin.

Yeah, I've been grinding it out against the boss trolls. Still stuck, can't figure out my way through there yet... I have the first stairway switch flipped but that's it.

Waiting for the ROM of Mystery Dungeon Shiren the Wanderer DS to pop up online. I've been wanting to play that game for a month now, and thought I'd find the rom last night, but it's still not out.

Ah that's that new Sega game isn't it? Looks pretty good.

Currently playing:

Arc the Lad (PS1),

Vandal Hearts (PS1),

Dragon Warrior VII (PS1) - totally stuck and dangerously close to checking Gamefaqs.

;) Currently power leveling around Rhone and only 300,000 EXP close to maxing out each character's levels. And since this is the NES version of the game, Hargon's Goons do respawn but that's no problem since it gives me something to practice on. :) Anyways the current levels are 43/38/31. I'm hoping to start Dragon Warrior III soon like within the next two days or so.
Guest Plattym3
Waiting for the ROM of Mystery Dungeon Shiren the Wanderer DS to pop up online. I've been wanting to play that game for a month now, and thought I'd find the rom last night, but it's still not out.

Ah that's that new Sega game isn't it? Looks pretty good.

It's OK. Put an hour or 2 in and died on like the 12th floor or something. It's like the SNES Torneko game in that there's really only 1 dungeon and you start over at level 1 each time and you lose your items and money and EVERYTHING when you die. You have to keep building up stats and such of your weapons and send them back in storage before you die.

Otherwise, I'm about 7 hours into Digimon World DS.

Edited by Plattym3
;) It is now done, Malroth and Hargon have been defeated and thus I complete the hardest version of the hardest installment in the Dragon Quest Series. Final Levels were the maximum of course since that has become a habbit ever since I first maxed out levels in the Super NES version. I have to say, Malroth certainly likes to keep you on your toes in every version of this game. Now with Malroth destroyed, we all know who is next on the list :devil: Edited by Slime Master

Up to levels 44-45 in DQ VIII. I tried taking on Rhapthorne at levels 39-41 the other day but he pretty well wiped the floor with me once the sages broke the barrier down.

Man, I need to go through and replay the game since I sold so much stuff that would come in handy for the alchemy pot earlier in the game... poor strategy on my part.

Anyone know if/where I can find more iron nails and cowpats?

;) Clockwork Coo-Coos and other Metallic Bird enemies drop Iron Nails and I think Bison Hawks drop cowpats though at a rare rate. I've started up Dragon Warrior III and I am currently building up gold around the east side of Aliahan to buy Chain Sickles for the party. I spent some time leveling up a Goof-Off, Fighter and Merchant to give the Hero a little extra experience and managed to buy them the optimum Equipment prior to the cave of enticement. After I buy my party some Chain Sickles, I will take on the Tower of Najima and then the Cave of Enticement.

Current Party is: Hero Lv. 9/Soldier Lv. 7/Pilgrim Lv. 7/Wizard Lv. 6

Edited by Slime Master

Playing Final Fantasy IV DS... yeah, I don't have a clue what they are saying, but since I've played the game at least 2 dozen times in my life, I pretty much know the game by heart. I'm using a translation guide at Gamefaqs.com to read up on what they say when I play it. I've got to say two things: LOVE the graphics, and love how, now, with upgraded graphics they can show those emotional parts with not only text, but visually as well during the cutscenes.

For instance, when you unleash the bomb ring, it shows the bombs rip through the town catching all the houses on fire. When you find Rydia it goes into a semi-long cutscene of talking. Kain then readies his spear to kill her, but Cecil takes his sword of his back and knocks Kains spear away. It then goes into Rydia yelling at both of them, and shows her summon Titan (instead of going into a battle sequence, it shows the world map, and shows the mountains and giant fissure that Titan creates) then goes back to Cecil and Rydia passed out. Cecil wondering where Kain is, and finally picks Rydia up, thusly going back to the world map.

I just got Rydia and am building us both up in levels outside of the desert town (can't remember the name of it from the original). Oh, and the music is exceptionally well done. LOVE it!

With Company of Heroes I think I'm 4 scenario maps away from completing the main game. Just got access to the M10 Wolverine (Tank Killer) with it's 3in gun. Man, it helps make short work of the Panzer IV tanks. Also, being able to call in the 105mm Howitzer (which has range of nearly half the battlefield) it helps taking out bunkers and infantry.

Levels 47-49 now... I finished the main storyline, and now I'm exploring the bonus dungeon. Picked up the spear and threw it into the alchemy pot to make the Metal Wing Boomerang.

Very cool ending to the game too; nothing really suprising, but still cool.