What are you currently playing?

Guest Plattym3

Vandal Hearts (PS1) - Just got beaten. I'm angry.

Dragon Quest Monsters: Joker (DS) - Just got to the TWIST!

Dragon Warrior VII (PS1) - Coming to the end of a great scenario envolving a fake Dharma priest.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Happy 100 pages everybody.

Playing Tenchu Z again, just wraping up the last few missions I need Ninja 5s on.

Is that anything like the brilliant Tenchu: Wrath of Heaven? Every other game in the series (bar the first) gets really bad write ups, and I'm sort of wondering why... did they screw with the formula or something?

;) Haven't really been playing anything as of late since I have been away at Katsucon, but I did play through a little bit of DQVI. Just finishing up some Class Grinding before I take on a certain someone inside a certain castle.
Happy 100 pages everybody.

Playing Tenchu Z again, just wraping up the last few missions I need Ninja 5s on.

Is that anything like the brilliant Tenchu: Wrath of Heaven? Every other game in the series (bar the first) gets really bad write ups, and I'm sort of wondering why... did they screw with the formula or something?

Its the best IMO. Its just fun. I love the level layouts. Story is meh, I dont play Tenchu for the story exactly. Overall the controls and art direction for the game feel very authentic and its one of my favorite Xbawks titles. The only thing it misses out from Wrath of Heaven is the stealth kill X Ray display popups. They leave those out sadly, I used to laugh at some of em.

Guest Plattym3
Platty, have you finished Magical Starsign? I loved that game.

No. I planned to this past weekend, but then Professor Layton had other plans for me. I'll finish it up by the end of the month probably. I'm at the Light planet, so it's not much longer is it? DQ Swords will be delaying that game a bit too. I'm picking that up in a few hours.

Yeah, you're almost at the end, on the Light Planet . I envy your ability to play more than one game... I'd like to start my new games, but i can't play more than one at a time. I have a HUGE collection of half-finished RPGs, because once I put them down, I can never remember where I was or what I was doing once I go back. :(

On a related note, I beat Dr Snapped last night, and saw the credits! 58:00 hours in; I had my Great Dragon (lvl 36), Alabast Dragon (lvl 23), and Black Dragon (lvl 27). I wasn't going to even go for it - I went in just hoping for some Liquid Metal Slimes - but then I decided I was kicking butt, might as kick his, too. :)

So Snapped is defeated, I got my mangy mutt back, got my LMS, and talked to Solitaire. Not sure how much I'll do after this, but I got the main game finished.

I'm attempting to play through Revenant Wings, but I'm not too great with RTS games. Right now not much 'strategy' is involved in any of my battles. I basically just summon as many units as possible and plough everyone into the enemy while Penelo heals sporadically. It's quite fun. Although I get the feeling that sooner or later I'm going to get completely flattened unless I start using my head. But I'll cross that bridge when I come to it. :shifty:

Guest Plattym3
Yeah, you're almost at the end, on the Light Planet . I envy your ability to play more than one game... I'd like to start my new games, but i can't play more than one at a time. I have a HUGE collection of half-finished RPGs, because once I put them down, I can never remember where I was or what I was doing once I go back. :(

Well, I do have a list of half-finished games myself (it was in my old sig., it'll be back up one day). Games I went too far in and stopped, now I don't know what I'm doing. I'm still trying to play Magical Starsign an hour or so every few days, because it's a game I do want to finish, and I'm way more than half-way done on it.

I'm now 2.5 hours into DQ: Swords. Finished chapter 1, but didn't get a high enough rank either time (only C) to get a prize. That's my goal today as I'll only have an hour or so to play. Walked a little into the 2nd area, but it was bedtime, so I went back to the city.

Still playing The Punisher... in the Fisk building right now, just took out Bullseye.

The Punisher is one of those games, like Red Dead Revolver or Stuntman, that just took immense amounts of patience from me. There were some sections that took several tries to get right. I think I stopped around a jungle section, just didn't have the energy to go any farther. :P

I'm currently juggling World of Warcraft and .hack//G.U. I finally beat Sakaki in volume 2, but I was too weak to finish the battle against the final boss. He kept summoning AIDA cores that healed him to full health and I wasn't fast enough to destroy them and he just ended up weathering me down to nothing. I checked out some FAQs and one of the authors waited until level 95 to take him, and used a particular scythe technique that I don't have yet to quickly take out the AIDA cores before they had a chance to do too much harm. That's ten levels for me to go, but the grind shouldn't be bad.

As for Warcraft, the friend I was playing with before decided to jump servers and use Alliance characters, so to keep up with him I've started a new Alliance character on that particular server. I'm playing a druid character, which is pretty fun, but I still kind of miss my warrior on the other server. I've pretty much made up for lost ground though, I'm almost up to level 17.

Red Dead Revolver is one of my favorite games of all time... I like 3rd person shooters and spaghetti westerns so it was just awesome. Unfortunately, Gun was a bit of a disappointment though... it was far too short.

Juggling Arcanum and Hitman: Contracts.

Arcanum's my 2nd favorite RPG of all time and as for the Hitman series - Good games, but I suck at them and blow my cover. At least I can win a level by recreating scenes from the movie Commando with Governor Schwartzenegger - shoot up everything.

I tried playing Hitman 2 a while ago and I sucked just as badly, I couldn't even sneak in the mansion in the first level without getting caught.

I finished G.U. volume 2 today, I spent about three hours leveling up. I meant to go to 95 but went all the way up to 99 before getting tired of trying to get that particular scythe move. :P Just getting up to level 99 was enough though, I tore through the final boss in just a few minutes and started volume 3 a while ago. I haven't gotten very far though, but it's no big deal since it's the final volume and I want to savor it as long as I can.

I remember the mansion. (I bought the 3-pack hitman series for $25) I was able to get in, but always got caught around the stairs. Eventually, I ended up shooting my way out of there, and had about 1% life left when I exited.

I finished Hitman 2, but I didn't beat it the way it was intended. I beat it due to being a good sniper and some Schwartzenegger tactics. :evillaugh: I think I had 2 good ratings on missions the entire time and usually got "mass murderer" rating.

Dragon Quest VIII

Just finally picked it up today for 14 bucks. About 4 hours into it, with my characters at level 9.

It is about time, zcm. :P:wd_coolslime: How are you liking it so far? It is probably my third favorite in the series.

I'm still plugging away at Tales of the Abyss. I'm around 38 hours in. My characters are in their late-30s to 40s. I haven't been playing much as I've got the "crud" (a strand of flu, minus the vomiting and shits, but everything else that is associated with the flu) and strep throat. Montana has been hit hard with this stuff.

Unfortunately, when I'm sick, I can't play games, or do much of anything but sleep and watch tv. I'll get back into it.

;) Like zcm with Dragon Quest VIII, I finally took on the challenge that is the Contra Series. Good lord can this game provide a challenge, especially if you're reflexes are hindered whether it be due to Injury or sickness. Although the games are challenging they were fun and provided a fresh change of pace from the Platformers and RPGs I have been playing lately.

I'm actually really liking it so far, they've kept in line with the traditional DQ games very well and the storyline has been pretty cool. Just on my way to the Port now, level 11 characters.

Enjoy VIII. It's well worthy of a place in the series IMO. And it's also a visual masterpiece.

Dragon Warrior VII - Currently trying to find where the hell Keifer is.

Vandal Hearts - Taking the prison.

Chrono Trigger - Just gone back in time 60 odd billion years.

;) I think you mean 65 Million BC if I recall right. If you're at the Tyrano Lair that means you have the honor of hearing probably my most favorite song in the entire Chrono Trigger Soundtrack.