What are you currently playing?

Guest Plattym3

Finished DQ IV DS the other day. I don't plan on playing the bonus content until I get an official copy of the game once it hits N.A. Currently playing FFXII: RW. Just started. In other words, viewing the intro cinematic as we speak.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Plattym3
In other words, viewing the intro cinematic as we speak.

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

So, maybe the intro is over now... is this a tactics type game?

I have it on my G6 but haven't even touched it yet.

Got Skies of Arcadia in the mail yesterday for Gamecube. Started it and I'm an hour in, but I shut it off to go back to ...

Magical Starsign on DS. I'm 8 hours in and got stumped, so had to revert to FAQ. I'll get past this part tonight, but got a lot of leveling in while wandering around lost last night.

In other words, viewing the intro cinematic as we speak.

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

So, maybe the intro is over now... is this a tactics type game?

I have it on my G6 but haven't even touched it yet.

Got Skies of Arcadia in the mail yesterday for Gamecube. Started it and I'm an hour in, but I shut it off to go back to ...

Magical Starsign on DS. I'm 8 hours in and got stumped, so had to revert to FAQ. I'll get past this part tonight, but got a lot of leveling in while wandering around lost last night.

FFXII:RW is more like a RTS/RPG hybrid. It has the story, leveling, equipment (a new version of the license board from the original FFXII). Think of it kind of like Age of Empires in terms of battles, while everything else is more traditional RPG. I have a few hours in, and I'm enjoying it. Different from the original, but I like it so far.

;) I've gone back to playing New Super Mario Brothers to unlock and complete all levels. It's proven to be more of a challenge that my first Playthrough.
Finished DQ IV DS the other day. I don't plan on playing the bonus content until I get an official copy of the game once it hits N.A. Currently playing FFXII: RW. Just started. In other words, viewing the intro cinematic as we speak.

It's surprisingly short...

20 hours in and I'm over half done.

BTW, as a hint, when you get the ah... 'reluctant ally' I woudn't bother using him much.

;) FF12 Revnant Wings is Short? How Ironic considering that FFXII was literally 300 hours long if you try and do everything.

I was going to play crysis this weekend (i had exams so i couldnt play last weekend) but sadly my new computer had some problems so we shipped it back and now are going to buy another one from dell this time we are going with an xps just an average on though (around $1500 canadian).

So now i am back to unreal tournament 3 and tomorow i will rent medal of honour air bourne.

Edited by haseeb

My currently playing list:

-Super Mario Galaxy (Wii)

-Final Fantasy V (GBA/DS)

-Mass Effect (Xbox360)

-Tales of Phantasia PSX (PC)

Yeah...I'm not very good at sticking with one game.

What I've recently completed:

-Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass (DS)

-Ys: The Oath in Felghana (PC)

-Rogue Galaxy (PS2)

;) FF12 Revnant Wings is Short? How Ironic considering that FFXII was literally 300 hours long if you try and do everything.

Well.. Unless there are more places you HAVE to level for, then yeah, it's short. Even leveling isn't that bad though. A couple of fights gets you a level.

Just started FFXII tonight. I finally got it after all this time. In fact it was my friend who just gave it to me after he didn't like it. Guess who has the special edition! :goofyslime:

Me! :evillaugh:

(Seriously, I do. Only my brother stoled it.)

;) I has it too HA! HA!

Anyways, I've completed World 4 in New Super Mario Brothers and have gotten all of the Star Coins in the Levels. Even the Hidden Ones. Now to complete World 5 and Up.

What Im currently playing:

- Phantasy Star Universe: Ambition of the Illuminus (PS2)

- Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass (DS)

- Heroes of Mana (DS...and PISSING ME THE HELL OFF!!!)

- Melty Blood Act Cadenza (PC)

8 hours into FFXII. I must say, its a refreshing installment from the previous 5. The story seems solid and the voice acting ain't too bad either! No over the top animu physics and so far all the characters actually seemed like they were developed as thoughtful characters. I can only say I'm enjoying this game so far.

;) It actually gets better from here. The game provides a challenge even to those who are level and license whores.
8 hours into FFXII. I must say, its a refreshing installment from the previous 5. The story seems solid and the voice acting ain't too bad either! No over the top animu physics and so far all the characters actually seemed like they were developed as thoughtful characters. I can only say I'm enjoying this game so far.

It actually does get better, you will probably enjoy journeying through a huge world will your party level grinding sometimes can get kind of addicting. I dont know why some ff fans hated this game, they should be happy that this is something different than the traditional ff formula. The only disappointing part of this game for me were the espers later on in the way, they were under powered and werent worth it, and the final boss battle seemed to easy.

;) Yeah, the last boss in the first two fights I completely mopped up the floor with them. The last form though blind sided me and took down my first party but with Balthier, Fran and Penelo I managed to take it down, though it took me a little while.
Guest Plattym3

Geeze, I'm up to 16-17 hours on Magical Starsign. I finally broke down around the 10 hour mark and went online to figure out how to do the extra-power magic spells (I couldn't figure out when exactly to tap my spell-caster to increase the spell power). I found out it's really easy to do when the sound is turned on (I can tap with my eyes closed). I've been playing this game while working through Dean Koontz's books Fear Nothing & Seize the Night novels (great pair of novels). I guess I'm about half-way through this game. It's a fun little RPG. I'm trying to finish up in the next week or so because I want to turn my full attention to Skies of Arcadia which I just barely started, but seems epic and fun. I know I won't finish it before Swords (which I preordered today!) comes out out, but as long as I get a good 20+ hours into it beforehand, I'll be more apt to pick it up and keep playing. Don't want to spend another agonizing 6 months to beat a game (like I did with FFXII).

;) Yeah, the last boss in the first two fights I completely mopped up the floor with them. The last form though blind sided me and took down my first party but with Balthier, Fran and Penelo I managed to take it down, though it took me a little while.

Personally i felt that like all other games this one does have it share of flaws but maybe if they could have polished it up a bit more, made espers more useful, maybe add some background stories on characters, balance out some boss battles a bit this game could have been better. But with all that said this game is still amazing. So has anyone played the ff12 game for ds? If so does it offer some background info on any of the characters, maybe a bit more about reks and vaan?

Geeze, I'm up to 16-17 hours on Magical Starsign. I finally broke down around the 10 hour mark and went online to figure out how to do the extra-power magic spells (I couldn't figure out when exactly to tap my spell-caster to increase the spell power). I found out it's really easy to do when the sound is turned on (I can tap with my eyes closed). I've been playing this game while working through Dean Koontz's books Fear Nothing & Seize the Night novels (great pair of novels). I guess I'm about half-way through this game. It's a fun little RPG. I'm trying to finish up in the next week or so because I want to turn my full attention to Skies of Arcadia which I just barely started, but seems epic and fun. I know I won't finish it before Swords (which I preordered today!) comes out out, but as long as I get a good 20+ hours into it beforehand, I'll be more apt to pick it up and keep playing. Don't want to spend another agonizing 6 months to beat a game (like I did with FFXII).

Magical Starsign isn't a long game. Your probably closing in on the ending soon. I beat it in about 14 hours.

Magical Starsign isn't a long game. Your probably closing in on the ending soon. I beat it in about 14 hours.

;) C-C-C-C-C COMBO BREAKER!!!!

Anyways, I played a little more New Super Mario Brothers and I see now it is becoming more and more obvious that getting all of the Star Coins in the levels are getting tougher. Another thing that slightly irks me is the inability to save without having to spend said Star Coins.

Haven't been playing much of anything lately, but when I do hit the 'ol PS2 power button it's been for Guitar Hero III. All songs completed with 5 stars on Easy and Medium, 40 songs complete on Hard, and 30 songs competed on Expert.

*breathes in*

Chrono Trigger (SNES),

Final Fantasy Adventure (Gameboy),

Megaman (NES),

Shinobi (Master System),

Final Fantasy Legend (Gameboy),

Phantasy Star (Master System),

Gunstar Heroes (Mega Drive),

Shenmue 2 (Dreamcast),

Virtua Fighter 4: Evolution (PS2),

Slime Mori Mori Dragon Quest (GBA),

Star Fox (SNES),

Anyways, I played a little more New Super Mario Brothers

Bah, worst Mario platformer ever. Has the lifespan of a goldfish and half the replayability value.