What are you currently playing?

Guest Plattym3

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

;) Indeed, I have yet to even attempt to fight them. I probably will on my second playthorugh of the game though. Which will be part of my 2008 Dragon Quest Marathon.
Guest Plattym3

I'm almost done with chapter 4 in DQIV for DS. Just gotta go to Aktempo mine (whatever it's called now) and get some gunpowder. Can't wait to begin the real game: Chapter 5 (then in a week or 2 chapter 6!)

;) Still hammering away at Dragon Warrior III NES and I KNOW now I am seriously overleveled when I have Deadly Toadstools running away from me. :evil2:

Levels are:

Hero: 18

Soldier: 19

Pilgrim: 18

Wizard: 18

And I am in the Dream Ruby Cave too. Plus wandering around at the little area below the cave on the overworld I have encountered Infurnus Knights, Curers, Witches and Barnabas and have been able to fend them off successfully. Which should tell me something. :laugh:

Ooh. Didn't realize this was an RPG topic. My bad.

Just grabbed RPG Maker XP. I've wanted to try it for a long time now. I love writing and I will definitely try to pen a great story for it.

Just grabbed RPG Maker XP. I've wanted to try it for a long time now. I love writing and I will definitely try to pen a great story for it.

I am also going to start making a game using xp on friday(tomorrow) also sometimes i play hearts of iron 2 strategy game and ww2 fans will love this game.

I was playing Phantom Hourglass up until the temple of courage, that's when Jokers came in. I'm done with the main game and finished the battle arena in Jokers. Just need to finish the profiency test thing to complete solatair's challenege. I've just been breeding and leveling a lot lately/ My current team is Beetlebully(maxed in everything but HP), Zoma, and Garuda. I'll eventually get back into Phantom Hourglass.

;) Oh no, as far as I know this isn't RPG Exclusive, you should see some of my previous posts where I was discussing and noting my progress in games that aren't in the RPG Genre. Though I would love to see what you have in mind for your RPG Maker XP game.

I haven't started yet, but I decided to do a quick run of it in order to learn the fundamentals. I will do a Euphoric Gamedom Warriors game for this project. It is the EG (link in sig) site's community story. We all just screwed around on it, so it would be something fun that I could screw around with. Plus, I hope it would make those guys happy.

Guitar Hero III, just picked it up yesterday.

Finished 38 of the songs on Hard, 4 on Expert, and 4 on Medium so far.

I hear there is an optional song (I think you unlock the song... not sure how) that is in the "Impossible" category. DragonForce - Through The Fire And Flames. I've seen videos of the song played through Guitar Hero III on youtube, but watching the video of the actual band... $#!&in' insane! In fact, in one scene in the video of the actual band playing the song the lead guitarist, Herman Li, breaks one of his guitar strings (looks like the high-E string, smallest string).

Fun fact: Herman Li of DragonForce has admitted his favorite video game (and the bands name is in tribute of this game) is Dragon Warrior as most of their songs are about fantasy and the like. Herman Li is also known for being able to make old video game sounds on the guitar and added within their songs.

Just figured I'd mention it.

;) Oh wow, I didn't know that. Especially since I don't really listen to Dragonforce.

Yeah, my friends and I try through Fire and the Flames and we lose within the first 2 seconds on Hard. I cant believe people can beat it out there. Still, I'm proud I can beat YYZ by Rush on Guitar Hero II.

;) I tired playing Guitar Hero once at Katsucon, let's just say, I didn't do to well with it. :laugh:

I've been a little overwhelmed with games since a lot of cool stuff came out on DS here in Japan and I decided to catch up at the same time. Not to mention some of my friends decided to lend me games, haha. Playing...

- Dragon Quest IV [just over 4 hours, chapter 2]

- Final Fantasy Tactics A2 [6 hours, level 7]

- The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass [only past the 2nd temple... I have put this one on hiatus for too long!]

- Final Fantasy III (this is in English!) [5 1/2 hours, level 12/13]

- Gyakuten Saiban 3/Phoenix Wright 3 (same here) [case 1, since I just started... I only beat the 2nd game about two weeks ago anyway]

And in anticipation for DQIV's release I was playing Dragon Warrior IV via NES emulator. I got partway through chapter 4 before I switched to the DS game, but I'd like to finish it out anyway!

At some point I should just sit down and get really far in one of these. I'm not usually such a multitasking gamer unable to commit to one thing. XD! Basically since Japan is filled with trains, I play these games interchangeably when I ride, if I'm not reading manga.

In my off time I play Tetris and Puzzle Quest, or this kanji tester game I bought. I also temporarily put aside Children of Mana so I wouldn't have six major games in progress, and finally beat Rocket Slime last month. Hooray!

;) Still hacking away at Dragon Warrior III NES: My Entire Party's levels are 21 and I have just now acquired the Magic Key and placed the Thief's Key in Storage along with 40,000 Gold plus I used some of the items I found in the Pyramid such as the Golden Claw and the Flashy Clothes to upgrade the Weapons and Armor of my Fighter and Goof-Off.
;) I tired playing Guitar Hero once at Katsucon, let's just say, I didn't do to well with it. :laugh:

Then you should practice. Your avatar shows that you should like the guitar. ;)

Yah i agree with that, slime master does seem like the type that would play a guitar (this is because of his avatar). So does anyone here actually play the guitar or just guitar hero? I played guitar hero once lets just say its not my thing.

;) zcm and Kage actually play the Guitar and are pretty good at it too. I just use the avitar because it is saturated in Awesome Sauce.

- Heroes of Mana (Chapter 10 finished)

- Dragon Quest Monsters: Joker (Ater-Story)

- Melty Blood: Act Cadenza (I need the practice... T.T)

- Guitar Hero III (Just beat Slash's challenge)

Edited by Duran