What are you currently playing?

Guest Plattym3

After the Celtic Vs. Rangers match I'll start playing Front Mission for the first time. :)

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had a little over 35 hours. I didn't get everything, so I could probably put in another 5-10 getting it all.

Is there a timer in the game that I'm overlooking? I can't find where is says how much time I've spent playing, and I'm probably totally overlooking it. :P

I had a little over 35 hours. I didn't get everything, so I could probably put in another 5-10 getting it all.

Is there a timer in the game that I'm overlooking? I can't find where is says how much time I've spent playing, and I'm probably totally overlooking it. :P

You're right. I meant to say around 35 hours. I'm not sure if there is a timer, that is just my best estimate that I put into the game.

EDIT: Started up Dragon Quest VI (again), just got the Mirror of Ra, headed back to Reidock (Dream World, I believe, I still get these two worlds mixed up) to show the mirror to the king. My part members levels are: Hero: 14; Hassan: 14; Muriel: 12 and Barbara: 2 (just got her to join).

Edited by Kage

Jackass : The Game

Currently in the 4th episode with about half of the goals complete.

I was a bit disappointed with this game. I was looking forward to something that was like a big sandbox, instead it's a bunch of mini-games. Some of them are pretty amusing, but there's really not a lot of replay value to it. Still, it could make for a fun party game.

Still chugging away at Dragon Quest VI. I'm currently facing Mudo my second time (currently fighting him and his two lackeys). My character levels are: Hero: 20; Hassan: 20; Muriel: 18 and Chamaro: 16. I hope to whoop his ass to kingdom come so I can finally change my character classes. :flameslime:

EDIT: And Mudo is down for good! His final form went down in exactly 5 minutes after starting the fight. Only once did he get one of my characters (Muriel) in the yellow/orange. He made Hassan and Chamaro go up a level. :D

Edited by Kage

I left my Char shop up on FF11 let me spend time today on Mother 3

I finished Ch 3 off finally moveing onto mainish party get

Where Form money *dragon power DP* is used

Its shocking how town has changed

Its been 3 years and Town now has looks of 1990ish stuff along with TVs called "Happy Boxs" that Guess Pig army uses control house holds

Mission right now Find Duster who went missing at end Ch2 and still is missing

I found him but I have kill stupid boss get to him and it kicked my ass due I couldnt buy the Upgraded weapon so I tryed with out it so I have kill crap for some DP

I like note Earthbound fans will see alot NPCs that randomly wonder around in Ch 4 Even Mr. T NPC shows up =P

I'm working on FF3 currently, trying to beat it. I made it to the last boss but died. Two hours of playing down the drain.

I also still need to beat Pokemon: Pearl and Contact. Anyone else have Contact? It was probably a sleeper hit, but it's a great game. It's the reason I fell in love with Atlus' ability to translate games. Speaking of Atlus, I also need to beat Luminous Arc.

Sigh, I'm too back logged.

I'm working on FF3 currently, trying to beat it. I made it to the last boss but died. Two hours of playing down the drain.

I also still need to beat Pokemon: Pearl and Contact. Anyone else have Contact? It was probably a sleeper hit, but it's a great game. It's the reason I fell in love with Atlus' ability to translate games. Speaking of Atlus, I also need to beat Luminous Arc.

Sigh, I'm too back logged.

I didnt play to much of it I found that dont really get alot control over main char a turn off

But Atlus does great Translated jobs all time

Tho odd Contact be resson love it I can think alot Atlus titles that I think were alot better =p

I didnt play to much of it I found that dont really get alot control over main char a turn off

But Atlus does great Translated jobs all time

Tho odd Contact be resson love it I can think alot Atlus titles that I think were alot better =p

It was my first Atlus game to play :P (well, really, Rockin' Kats was my first, but there wasn't much to translate in that game. Still though, it remains one of my favorite platforming games)

Speaking of Atlus, I'm looking to get into the Shin Megami Tensei series. I'm a little troubled where to start though as there's so many spin-offs. Obviously the best place to start is probably the first game on the SNES but that's a 1st person RPG... I hate those. >.<

What game does every recommend I start with? I was think perhaps Persona on the PS1?

I'm the Den's Shin Megami Expert. Every game in the series, be it a spin off or not, is great. Its hard to aquire, but I'd start Shin Megami Tensei I and work your way up to II and III(III also known as Nocturne for the PS2..... which is also the best game in the whole series). Persona was okay, not the best. I'd recommend getting Digital Devil Saga I+II after you play those three. Same gameplay mechanics, different world and storyline that is pretty neat(though the voice acting is meh). Finally if your interested theres Devil Summoner: Radou vs. the Souless Army. Its a whole different game set in the Taisho-era of Japan. Battles are realtime and kinda get boring, but if you take a liking to the series definatly give it a shot.

I'm the Den's Shin Megami Expert. Every game in the series, be it a spin off or not, is great. Its hard to aquire, but I'd start Shin Megami Tensei I and work your way up to II and III(III also known as Nocturne for the PS2..... which is also the best game in the whole series). Persona was okay, not the best. I'd recommend getting Digital Devil Saga I+II after you play those three. Same gameplay mechanics, different world and storyline that is pretty neat(though the voice acting is meh). Finally if your interested theres Devil Summoner: Radou vs. the Souless Army. Its a whole different game set in the Taisho-era of Japan. Battles are realtime and kinda get boring, but if you take a liking to the series definatly give it a shot.

Thanks a lot.

Do you know where I can find a working, english fan translation of Shin Megami I?

Guest Plattym3

I'd love to get into these. I actually have the roms sitting on my desktop. I just haven't had time lately to play ANY games. Maybe when I'm done with Joker...

desktopij5.jpg

Thanks a lot.

Do you know where I can find a working, english fan translation of Shin Megami I?

PM me an email.

I'd love to get into these. I actually have the roms sitting on my desktop. I just haven't had time lately to play ANY games. Maybe when I'm done with Joker...

desktopij5.jpg

Thanks a lot.

PM me an email.

Sent you a PM, Platty. I've been very curious about this series for a long time now, and have never given it a chance. Would very much like to. Thanks!

Beat Phantom Hourglass just now. Twas a fun game. Now I'm into a Star Ocean 3 phase thanks to the news over Star Ocean 4.

Was it a good game?

I'm currently in a Zelda run (beat in the last 2 weeks those: Zelda, Zelda 2, Zelda: ALTTP, Zelda: OOT, Zelda DX, and currently in Zelda TP) and I'm wondering if I should purchase Zelda PH or not.. I've seen it a little from what my brother-in-law was playing, but he didn't really comment on it. :| Is it worth it?

Its not the best of the Zelda games. The controls are a bit discomforting to me. But eventually I just gave up the strange controls and got into it. It had good game length especially when you want to collect everything. I recommend purchasing it.

In Ch 5 of Mother 3

Lucas Is Lv 30

Duster is Lv 30

Kumato *aka Kumatora full name couldnt fit In English Text* Lv 29

Boney is Lv 29

Best Stuff on them *That means I did go kick Lord Passion's ass for Duster's Kick ass boots This is boss that only in Ch 5 and can be skiped at price some powerfull boots*

I geting Milk from Long neck Cow thing and leting it get bad change it to Yogurt that heals for 80 HP get Boney Full them *he One fastist chars tieish with Duster who sometimes gots his turn 1st*

Time is 16 hrs

and Got 9772 DP *Dragon Power aka Money*

Thanks buddy. Checking them out now.

In Ch 5 of Mother 3

Atticus, are you using a translation or do you know Japanese?

There's an unfinished menu translation patch for Mother 3, or there are walkthroughs with all the in-game dialog translated.

Ah, thanks.

Finally found a working Shin Megami Tensei ROM. Culix, the one you gave me seems to be the glitched up version. Though perhaps I made a mistake when saving it (I already had a broken one, and may have given it the same name or something). In any case, finally playing. At first glance it seems like some sort of Doom reject, graphics-wise, but after playing a little longer I'm now having loads of fun. Just busted out of prison with "Jeebus" (the guy whose first presented to you on a cross! :jackoslime::goofyslime: ).

Thanks buddy. Checking them out now.

In Ch 5 of Mother 3

Atticus, are you using a translation or do you know Japanese?

Nope dont know Japanese

but be truefull I find Mother 3 menus and such vary easy for non Japan players

I played some Japan RPGs but I have say its vary easy recall what does what

All items have Images and if I dont know what does Starmen site has list all Items with Image so I can find what does

Am not playing Rom am playing real thing on Real GBA

I am useing walkthrough for where to go but leaveing enemys and bosses my self find out

When I learn PK skils I use it and note what it does

Guide am useing does help understand plot as it goes on too After beating it I going go look for FAQ that has all plot translated and when Rom translated.I mostlikely go back play it like that =p

I am injoying Mother 3 vary much

Yokuba sliping and falling to what would hopefully be his death *but if ever seen N64 Stuff ya know he isnt*

He be back.... vary soon.....

Am in Ch 7 now 7&8 are real meat of the game

Am in snowy lands looking for 3ed Needle *1st was "unknowning" pulled by someone else 2ed by me*

Been spending time Lving when am waiting for Party invite on FF11

In Ch 6 I ran into char from Earthbound he said one line the made me think could be past still but then again Char looks same age wise Hopefull more info come along

There's an unfinished menu translation patch for Mother 3, or there are walkthroughs with all the in-game dialog translated.

Ah, thanks.

Finally found a working Shin Megami Tensei ROM. Culix, the one you gave me seems to be the glitched up version. Though perhaps I made a mistake when saving it (I already had a broken one, and may have given it the same name or something). In any case, finally playing. At first glance it seems like some sort of Doom reject, graphics-wise, but after playing a little longer I'm now having loads of fun. Just busted out of prison with "Jeebus" (the guy whose first presented to you on a cross! :jackoslime::goofyslime: ).

Jeebus, is actually officially known as the Law Hero. You play as the Neutral Hero and that boy who was being attacked by the goblin in the dream is the Choas Hero. The game has 3 different endings depending on how you play and make some choices. Great to hear your liking it, I love the music in those games.