What are you currently playing?

Guest Plattym3

Guest Plattym3
Oh yeah.... I finally beat the story mode of pokemon mystery dungeon blue version.

About time, aren't you 100+ hours into it?

Anyhoo, I'm up to 99 slimes rescued in Rocket Slime. I did the tank battle before the boss last night and was just too tired to take on a long boss battle. After work today I'm going to beat his tail off.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Didnt known that

I havent even started Legendia yet lol

Its still Brand New roting on self ws-trickbagtongue.gif

And thxs Kage am In tales mood and started my TofS game up

going Hima get key to mana tower

Lvs 30

Have fun later in Ymir forest :tounge2:

Damn TofS is a fun game, I'll play my file again once I beat Abyss, and Abyss is awsome!

Guest Plattym3

OK, Rocket Slime is BEATEN! The ending was actually quite challenging and it was the only tank battle I ever lost (my own fault though as I actually pushed the enemy into my engine room as they were doing an attack). Reset and won easily the 2nd time. Then I quickly dispatched of the rest of the tanks with Morrie & the tank challenge. Not much left to do except get a couple more recruits to work in the tanks and finish off the receipe lists. It was a really fun game, worth every bit of the money I paid, yet a little short at 18 hours.

Oh yeah.... I finally beat the story mode of pokemon mystery dungeon blue version.

Anyhoo, I'm up to 99 slimes rescued in Rocket Slime. I did the tank battle before the boss last night and was just too tired to take on a long boss battle. After work today I'm going to beat his tail off.

Not quite. 100+ is my RED version. :P
Guest Plattym3

Not quite. 100+ is my RED version. :P

OHHHHHHH, I missed that you had 2 different versions. I'm up to about 31 hours in my blue version. Got totally screwed in a mission this morning. I was going down to get the HM rock smash on level 45 I think of some dungeon. So, I'm at level 32, I've already beaten 2 Regis and I'm making good time when someone whacks me with a blowback orb or something similar. My leader was thrown diagonally into a water square that was completely surrounded by walls. The only way in was diagonally, and apparently you get thrown into those areas, but you can't get out. After trying to move for like 5 minutes and assuring myself that I couldn't do anything else, I was forced to use an Escape Orb and warp out of the dungeon. That really sucked.

Oh well, I found a ROM of the original Slime Mori Mori game, so I started that up today and after about a half hour I've got 9 slimes. This game may be as fun as Rocket Slime. I have no idea what's being said, but I have guide that helps me navigate the menus & such. 98% of the game is just rescuing slimes like in Rocket Slime, so I have the basics down.

Guest Plattym3

Well, I did a pretty quick run-through in Slime Morimori this morning and got another 14 slimes really quick. I'm up to 23 total slimes right now. This game can't have more than 4-5 hours of gameplay to it, but it's kinda fun. Just think Rocket Slime without tank battles.

I'm 15 1/2 hours into Tales of the Abyss. I am loving this game so far.

Excellent game choice, Psycho. Was a fantastic game. I, myself, rank it higher than ToS and Tales of Destiny (NA version).

EDIT: Are you by chance the Psycho Penguin from Gamefaqs.com that has those excellent walkthrus for games?

Edited by Kage

I've been playing Tales of the Abyss as well recently. I really love it, one of the best stories I've seen in an RPG in a while.

The only other Tales of anything game that I ever played was Tales of Legendia... I'd say I like Tales of the abyss a lot better. :P

And speaking of the pokemon, I remember I had my Gold version in pokemon up to 120 hours almost. When I think back on it , I'm not even sure why I played it so much. I wasn't even trying to catch any of the other pokemon, I just kept fighting the elite four over and over.

Edited by Saul
I've been playing Tales of the Abyss as well recently. I really love it, one of the best stories I've seen in an RPG in a while.

The only other Tales of anything game that I ever played was Tales of Legendia... I'd say I like Tales of the abyss a lot better. :P

And speaking of the pokemon, I remember I had my Gold version in pokemon up to 120 hours almost. When I think back on it , I'm not even sure why I played it so much. I wasn't even trying to catch any of the other pokemon, I just kept fighting the elite four over and over.

Should play some older ones

I like them much better then new ones so far

I still need pick up Abyss tho

I keep hearing such great things about it :P

Anyway I got DQ:SR out way and got Contact and Magical StarSign for my DS :P

I've been playing Baten Kaitos Origins on the Gamecube, and this is the first game in a while that I had to force myself to stop playing at times. The story just draws me in like no other, and the battle system has been overhauled greatly since the first game. Now it is actually fast-paced semi active-time, and as always battles are a real test of skill. The bosses in this game can be so unforgiving at times (I've died A LOT), and that just makes the game more appealing in my opinion since RPGs nowadays are way too easy. This is a must-have RPG for the Gamecube, and probably the last that the system will see.

I've been playing Baten Kaitos Origins on the Gamecube, and this is the first game in a while that I had to force myself to stop playing at times. The story just draws me in like no other, and the battle system has been overhauled greatly since the first game. Now it is actually fast-paced semi active-time, and as always battles are a real test of skill. The bosses in this game can be so unforgiving at times (I've died A LOT), and that just makes the game more appealing in my opinion since RPGs nowadays are way too easy. This is a must-have RPG for the Gamecube, and probably the last that the system will see.

I belive Origins is last GC game for Japan

USA still has some shity Movie based games comeing >>

I yet play 1st Baten Kaitos :(

I never got around to buying it

and with Origins out I wanting try get it sometime start

Excellent game choice, Psycho. Was a fantastic game. I, myself, rank it higher than ToS and Tales of Destiny (NA version).

EDIT: Are you by chance the Psycho Penguin from Gamefaqs.com that has those excellent walkthrus for games?

Higher than Tales of Eternia even? It's close tome, but ToE is one of my favorite games ever.

And yeah that'd be me, thanks for the compliment. :)

Higher than Tales of Eternia even? It's close tome, but ToE is one of my favorite games ever.

And yeah that'd be me, thanks for the compliment. :)

*notes look up Psycho Penguin walkthrus*

I really liked TofD tho they removed alot chating from game in USA copys :(

I look forword to geting TofA sometime :P

but with Next Mana game and FF3 remake comeing soon

I dont known if I get it anytime soon :(

I'm currently playing Final Fantasy from Final Fantasy I & II: Dawn of Souls for GBA. It is good times so far. I've never played the game before. I'm about 14 hours in, level 35 and I'm about to set off to Mount Gulg.

3addb40889bf54d33659cf43f3de0e5d-.jpg

4b6b92639914c9babe22315ed9938c59-.jpg

Edited by sadisticsoldier
;) Heh, they made that game excidingly easy in the Gameboy Advance version. But it was still a fun play through and it did give me something to do for awhile.

Picked up Final Fantasy XII today from my local Wal-Mart, because my small town doesn't support a Gamestop/EBgames (Wal-Mart had nearly 4 rows of FFXII!)... Anyway, I'm about 5 hours into it, and I'm thoroughly enjoying it. I really enjoy the new combat system, the bounty quests (damn you, Cactuar!), the story is told very well, and (in my opinion) shaping up very, very well.

Some old-schoolness: For about 20 seconds of the intro the original Prelude plays (more enhanced), AND this shocked me, the theme from Final Fantasy IV (when Cecil and Kain walk out of Baron at the beginning of the game) played and sounded marvelous in the updated version. With support for Dolby 5.1 makes the music all the better. :biggrin: Also, Yoshitaka Amano (Final Fantasy I-VI; IX) helped contribute character designs and monster designs. :biggrin:

Although Nobuo completed one song in this game (I believe he only composed the intro) Sakimoto more than lives up to Nobuo musically, in this one.

Edited by Kage
Picked up Final Fantasy XII today from my local Wal-Mart, because my small town doesn't support a Gamestop/EBgames (Wal-Mart had nearly 4 rows of FFXII!)... Anyway, I'm about 5 hours into it, and I'm thoroughly enjoying it. I really enjoy the new combat system, the bounty quests (damn you, Cactuar!), the story is told very well, and (in my opinion) shaping up very, very well.

Some old-schoolness: For about 20 seconds of the intro the original Prelude plays (more enhanced), AND this shocked me, the theme from Final Fantasy IV (when Cecil and Kain walk out of Baron at the beginning of the game) played and sounded marvelous in the updated version. With support for Dolby 5.1 makes the music all the better. :biggrin: Also, Yoshitaka Amano (Final Fantasy I-VI; IX) helped contribute character designs and monster designs. :biggrin:

Although Nobuo completed one song in this game (I believe he only composed the intro) Sakimoto more than lives up to Nobuo musically, in this one.

Nice info. Thanks. :D

;) Heh, I might actually give this game a shot then if you say it's good. Course it might be Christmas before I can get it.
;) Heh, I might actually give this game a shot then if you say it's good. Course it might be Christmas before I can get it.

Yeah, I'd atleast give it a rent (or buy). I'm a few more hours in, and am really, really enjoying it. In fact, I probably haven't had this much fun with a Final Fantasy since the older games. It seems like they've taken elements from all the games of the past and woven it into something grand. Remember buying spells, anyone? :devil:

Edited by Kage
I'm currently playing Final Fantasy from Final Fantasy I & II: Dawn of Souls for GBA. It is good times so far. I've never played the game before. I'm about 14 hours in, level 35 and I'm about to set off to Mount Gulg.

3addb40889bf54d33659cf43f3de0e5d-.jpg

4b6b92639914c9babe22315ed9938c59-.jpg

Wow, your White Mage has an unusually high amount of HP.

And as far as difficulty goes, the GBA version of 1 was a joke.