What are you currently playing?

Guest Plattym3

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How is Mother 3? I played for about 15 minutes, but I've been too busy playing other games and haven't really given it a shot yet. Is there an English patch or are you playing in Japanese?

You should really give it a shot at playing it through the whole thing. Or at least through half of it. The game's great when you get used to the battle system and the story. A few other things besides that got me hooked into the game. Even though I can't read japanese or anything, I can still tell what's going on by the character's emotions and scenes, or guessing what they're saying.

I'm playing MOTHER 3 in japanese. Since I can't find any english patches anywhere...

You should really give it a shot at playing it through the whole thing. Or at least through half of it. The game's great when you get used to the battle system and the story. A few other things besides that got me hooked into the game. Even though I can't read japanese or anything, I can still tell what's going on by the character's emotions and scenes, or guessing what they're saying.

I'm playing MOTHER 3 in japanese. Since I can't find any english patches anywhere...

Well one only has last 2 Chs to do if I remaber

anyway I finlly got Metal Gear Ac!d (Acid) for PSP

and Tho I said again and again how I hated the PSP I hoped for great things here and...

And again creater of Metal gear does great things

Tho am not far its great and works well so far

tho its all turn based with Cards It feels like MGear still

Got get use to the new stuff 1st XD

One things I find funny is the Char cards like "The Runing Man" MSX players will known of The Runing Man boss

His card is best +Move card in game leting you Move 8 spaces

With Cards based from MSX games to MGS3 theres alot stuff to use

I look forword to the game geting better :P

Guest Plattym3

I'm 3:52 into my FireRed game. I have all 3 starting Pokemon and they're just now beginning to take orders from me! Current Pokedex count: 18. 2 badges.

Yesterday, I played about 4 hours of Shadow of the Colossus (second time through), and today I'm going to finish this run through. I love this game.

I'm probably currently on and off also playing like 20 or 30 other games, most of which downloaded. Damn you bittorrent, damn you modded xbox, damn you 1.50 PSP, damn you lol-didn't-even-need-to-mod-anything Dreamcast, and damn you to hell PS2 with independence expoit + 12 GB HDD + self made flip top.

I finally got Earthbound Today, and I will probally be giving up what little time i have left before school to play it. Along with Romancing SaGa and Skies of Arcadia: Legends.

Im Getting Earthbound (Cart) tomarrow, so the rest of my summer has just been sacrificed to this game.

You serious? Holy jeez...

If only Nintendo saw our love for the MOTHER series.

Anyways, I'm resuming MOTHER 3 tomorrow. Still need to level up my characters before I go much further.

I suppose now would be a good time to mention that I have 214 (Pokedex) in Sapphire. No I don't remember the entire list , but it does include several that are only obtainable from FR/LG.

I've gotten about 5 hours into Legend of Dragoon now, I just got the Light Dragoon spirit and am on the way back to Lohan to cure Shana.

In Breath of Fire 3, I'm currently at Momo's tower, but I haven't played in almost a week.

I've gotten about 5 hours into Legend of Dragoon now, I just got the Light Dragoon spirit and am on the way back to Lohan to cure Shana.

In Breath of Fire 3, I'm currently at Momo's tower, but I haven't played in almost a week.

Oooh! Two awesome games in my book! Are these your first playthrus of the games?

I'm about 10 hours into Xenogears right now. I forgot what city I'm in (it's pretty damn big!), but all I'm suppose to do is talk to people and gather some information. Haven't been playing too much of Xenogears, as EQII and RPG Maker XP (the RGSS system) are taking the majority of free-time I have for playing games... :D

They've arrived!!!

I pre-ordered Dragon Quests IV, V, and VIII (PS1/PS2) a couple of months ago when the bargain-priced Ultimate Hits editions were announced, and they came today! I've tried out both the PS2 games and they gave me a very good first impression. I still need to get a PS1 boot disc (Breaker Pro?), so I can't play DQ IV just yet.

But, since I'm playing the DQ series in order, it'll be a while before I'm ready to play them all. I'm on Dragon Quest V right now, playing the SFC version. When I finish this one then I'll start on DQ VI and probably the DQ V remake, or I might wait a bit before starting it. DQ VIII will have to wait a while though.

Oooh! Two awesome games in my book! Are these your first playthrus of the games?

I'm about 10 hours into Xenogears right now. I forgot what city I'm in (it's pretty damn big!), but all I'm suppose to do is talk to people and gather some information. Haven't been playing too much of Xenogears, as EQII and RPG Maker XP (the RGSS system) are taking the majority of free-time I have for playing games... :D

O yes both great LofD one Best things Sony rolled out there Doors

and Capcoms BofF3 to me best BofF game old times I wasted year play it XD

anyway I got my hands on Arc The lad Colloction by Working Designs

4 RPGs in one (Arc 1-3 and Monster)

Arc The Lad 1 considered one 1st RPGs hit PS1 in Japan

why others considered be great adds to your gameing kingdom

It came with everting box,book,little fold out things that Lunar ones came with, and 4 button things that found out for going on head part your anlogs XD

If your fan of Suikoden's Data thing then your love Arc as you can send your Chars lvs and items to next game XD

So of couse I started with 1 Chars from 16-20 and only missing 2 chars from my party

Edit: Mosts chars now 20 and up and Found 6th & somewhat 7th char (7th one hasnt 100% Joined me hes only in Story related Battles at time)

I on Misson 6 of MGAs!d (Asid) this great PSP game ^^

Edited by Atticus

With Diamond and Pearl coming out, I decided to finally start training my "Capture" team for probably anything out there. Decided to use these:

Cradilly (Recover, Confuse Ray, Strength, Ancient Power) Suction Cups to help against Whirlwind/Roar.

Exploud (Hyper Voice, Rock Smash, Rest, Astonish) Soundproof to help against Roar/Perish Song.

Quagsire (Surf, Dive, Waterfall, Amnesia) Damp to help against Selfdestruct and Explosion.

Zangoose (False Swipe, Double Team, Thief, Rest) False Swipe to 1 HP.

Shuckle (Rest, Wrap, Double Team, Flash) Wall so I can throw some Balls.

Crobat (Fly, Confuse Ray, Mean look, Poison Fang) Mean Look and to Fly.

Alternate:

Wobbuffet (Counter, Mirror Coat, Safeguard, Destiny Bond)

Haven't really been playing much of anything over the last couple of months, but I did start a new season on Ken Griffey Jr Presents MLB the other day. I'm 8-3 right now as the White Sox.

No, actually I got to Disc 2 in LoD a long time ago on my brother's copy of the game, which he soon sold to a friend for a bit of cash, and then I recently found the ISO a couple weeks ago.

As for Breath of Fire 3, I've beaten it once, and quit right after I got to the stupid desert 3 times. (WHY CAPCOM, WHY?!?!?!?!)

No, actually I got to Disc 2 in LoD a long time ago on my brother's copy of the game, which he soon sold to a friend for a bit of cash, and then I recently found the ISO a couple weeks ago.

As for Breath of Fire 3, I've beaten it once, and quit right after I got to the stupid desert 3 times. (WHY CAPCOM, WHY?!?!?!?!)

Just be happy its not like BofF5 >>

That's true, the way Dragon Quarter was setup was a bit tedious, but it was also very unique, and I enjoyed the third or so of the game I actually played before my brother left for college and took it with him.

That's true, the way Dragon Quarter was setup was a bit tedious, but it was also very unique, and I enjoyed the third or so of the game I actually played before my brother left for college and took it with him.

I can give capcom bones for doing something diffent in RPGs

after all thats something strange for Capcom do something New in one them games

Most time there make a game then milk if for as long they can

But it just turned out to Tedious haveing redone same things over and over

I did love art and music I just wish they did more

The system makes me think they didnt work on story so they just add were you had do samething until you could get to end by saveing Party Exp and buy them $#!&

With Diamond and Pearl coming out, I decided to finally start training my "Capture" team for probably anything out there. Decided to use these:

Cradilly (Recover, Confuse Ray, Strength, Ancient Power) Suction Cups to help against Whirlwind/Roar.

Exploud (Hyper Voice, Rock Smash, Rest, Astonish) Soundproof to help against Roar/Perish Song.

Quagsire (Surf, Dive, Waterfall, Amnesia) Damp to help against Selfdestruct and Explosion.

Zangoose (False Swipe, Double Team, Thief, Rest) False Swipe to 1 HP.

Shuckle (Rest, Wrap, Double Team, Flash) Wall so I can throw some Balls.

Crobat (Fly, Confuse Ray, Mean look, Poison Fang) Mean Look and to Fly.

Alternate:

Wobbuffet (Counter, Mirror Coat, Safeguard, Destiny Bond)

Did you intentionally add the HM moves for their utility? A Lanturn with Illuminate might be useful. (Gotta be able to kill the stuff you don't want)

Oh and I typed up the list of stuff I have in Sapphire that you can't get in-game.

moltres, omanyte/omastar, larvitar, butterfree, persian, unown, drowzee, cubone, porygon/porygon2, jirachi, gengar, That's only thirteen.... I think the final one is pinsir but I'm not sure.

Did you intentionally add the HM moves for their utility? A Lanturn with Illuminate might be useful. (Gotta be able to kill the stuff you don't want)

Oh and I typed up the list of stuff I have in Sapphire that you can't get in-game.

moltres, omanyte/omastar, larvitar, butterfree, persian, unown, drowzee, cubone, porygon/porygon2, jirachi, gengar, That's only thirteen.... I think the final one is pinsir but I'm not sure.

The HMs are there so that they can travel anywhere without bringing an extra Pokémon with me to travel to certain locations (and saves me time going in and out of the PC). I don't need Illuminate when I go out looking for them unless I need a lot of a certain kind (and I would go with Starmie with Illuminate since I can recover with it).

Hmm... I enjoyed Breath of Fire: Dragon Quarter more than any other in that whole series. I couldn't stand Breath of Fire 3 for the life of me... I TRIED to play through it, but couldn't. I think I was supposed to go across the ocean or something... Anyway, it was a real chore to play. Dragon Quarter, on the other hand, made you feel like you wanted to achieve the goal - and you knew where the goal WAS, too. The music was great, the challenge was there but not overwhelming, and there was the 'time limit' and dragon factor that made it unique. It was definitely what I thought the series needed - BoF4 was alright but not great, and BoF1 and BoF2 were tedious tedious tedious messes that you REALLY had to have far too much patience to withstand. Seriously... Infinity? (I only saw my brother there... I got to Spar and then said screw it because I TRIED to make him useful... but alas I failed.) But I mean... Come on... And I must say, for not liking repetition, Atticus, I seem to recall you liking Dragon Warrior 7 a fair amount... though I could be mistaken.

Anyway, that was my defence for the BoF: DQ that I love. Now on to what I am playing!

Paper Mario 1 for the N64 - HAHAHA. I just got to the Crystal Palace... it's not as good as the second one, but it certainly set the stage for it (no pun intended - .... the battles take place on stage in the second one :P). I'm in level 15 or so, and my favourite ally is Parakerry!

Digital Devil Saga 2 for Playstation 2 - I am quite astonished at how good this game has become! I loved the first one, and this one has so many more twists, explanations, and... just wow. I'm currently going to the Airport. I love the villains! They're such villains that I would create. And much of the story is too... and the twists - one in particular (for those who know me well AND have played the game you know which one it is - it's right before the NEW party heads to the power plant :P)... Very impressive, and I would recommend the two games to all of you if you like a challenge and an increasing sense of "hey, I'm getting powerful! yay".

... I'm just about done Xenosaga Episode II for good (though I'll HAVE to play it again before the third one comes out... I'm going to FREAK out and love everything at the end of this month), and I'm just beating the boss of the game (the one that poses a threat) to steal the Awakening IV and sell it for big bucks to pay off the damn debt load, finish that quest, and then go and talk to the GIRL and finish her quest too. chaos just got to level 70, and knows every skill except the one I'll receive from the quest, and a big HA HA HA goes to Jr. who has yet to learn Medica 2 and is in level 63 or so.

Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones impressed me! It's so FUN yet frustratingly evil. I'm on chapter 14 or something and am having difficulty keeping this stupid kid alive. (If you die, they're gone for good, you know) But it's an exciting game to play! Support Fire Emblem!

Brain Age! Hahaha. My Brain Age is 20, and I'm enjoying the training and the Sudoku. I have no idea how to do Head Count on Hard Mode, and I learned that my short-term memory is very odd. One day I get 45 points on Low to High... the next day I get 75! I don't know how... lucky guesses, hahaha? It's a fun game, but I can see how the novelty might wear off after a while.

Aaaaand that's all for now! Nice to update again!

Guest Plattym3
Brain Age! Hahaha. My Brain Age is 20, and I'm enjoying the training and the Sudoku. I have no idea how to do Head Count on Hard Mode, and I learned that my short-term memory is very odd. One day I get 45 points on Low to High... the next day I get 75! I don't know how... lucky guesses, hahaha? It's a fun game, but I can see how the novelty might wear off after a while.

Yeah, the novelty does wear off. I loved the game for about 2 weeks, got sidetracked, and then played a week's worth of day's activities in 2 hours (just change the date on the startup screen on your DS and you can fool Brain Age!). I too find the Head Count on Hard Mode to be the most rediculously hard thing. Also, when/if you open triangle math, the Hard Mode on that will kill you. I think I went from taking maybe a minute on easy mode to almost 4 mintues on hard mode. It was a huge jump in difficulty!

The Sudoku on there is quite fun. I did more than half the easy and just about a half of the intermediate (haven't opened hard yet, :unhappy: ). I'll continue doing that.

Also, I can get a brain age of 20 most every day UNLESS they give me the stupid word memory test. I'm bad at the memory test. My brain age jumps to the low 30s the days I dare do it.