Sign in to follow this  
Guest Plattym3

What are you currently playing?

beleive it or not, I typically use Hargons for the ???+family monsters. I have a key where I can catch Metalkings and Whitekings are easy to steal from enemy trainers.

sure neither has great stats, but all bought monsters are way worse.

current Ruby: Pokedex 5, time 3:55.

BTW I had 0 because I had saved right before the part where you get the Starter Pokemon. (I typically save and keep resetting until I get a female starter)

Edited by marhawkman

Guest Plattym3
BTW I had 0 because I had saved right before the part where you get the Starter Pokemon. (I typically save and keep resetting until I get a female starter)

OH! That's a good idea, but I never have the need to breed my starter.

Oh, and since I can trade between my 2 GBC games, I keep the same Dragon Lord on 1 game and breed him across the link cable with whatever monster I need to. Then I get his egg back, level him up to 20+ and do it again. Very easy to do. Yeah, I have a stock of White Kings sitting around in my farm as well, they come in handy a lot!

I think I'm out of whitekings right now. :P But I still have a small army of Goldgolems and Divinegons that I need to breed away.

Ruby: TerraX 4584, 8, 16:11

I bought Valkyrie Profile: Lenneth the other day and I'm simply absorbed. I'm going to have to finish it before I play anything else. I can't recommend this game enough to anyone that has a PSP, or if you can find a copy of it for PS1.

After I'm done with it, I'm going to get back into playing Paper Mario, Lego Star Wars, and Tales of Eternia (again for PSP), and then after that I'll be playing RE4, KOTOR2, and Grandia 2. Ugh, and I also have an urge to play and finally beat Chrono Cross (been putting it off for a while) so that's all going to have to be done before the summer's out.

I just finished playing Mega Man Battle Network 6 Falzar, which is oddly enough the first game of the series I've beaten. I've downloaded the ROMs of the rest of the games (except BN3 Blue which I own) and when the Gameboy linker I ordered comes in I plan to try to beat the entire series.

Other than that I've been replaying random PS2 games like We <3 Katamari, Zone of the Enders and XIII. I should try to pick back up on .hack//Quarantine since G.U. Vol. 1 will be coming out here before I know it.

I recently got Beyond the Beyond off of ebay for about $15, not including shipping. One of the first (if not THE first) RPG's released for the PS1, also made by Camelot, the same people that worked on some (not sure if all) Shining Force games and the Golden Sun series.

Currently, I just got Tont in my party with Everyone's level at 12-13, with Tont at 8 or 9.

Most (and really, probably 90% of the RPGamers out there, kind of like FF: Mystic Quest) will tell you how vile, and wretched Beyond the Beyond is... well, I found it to be enjoyable, and very challenging. I hope you enjoy it! It was either Beyond the Beyond or Wild ARMs, that was my VERY first PS1 RPG when the system first came out, that I played, hehe.

I liked FFMQ as well, and most of the wussies that complain about Beyond the Beyond were weened on games like FF7 (which I also love dearly) and got used to the awesome CGI such, and find that any game without CGI's is a waste of time. The only issue I have with the game is the high encounter rate. It's a tad bit annoying, but at least the battle theme's are good enough to sedate the frustration a bit.

I liked FFMQ it was nice Mix of LofZ mets RPG

I got BTheB a few months ago

I only started it

Its easy see some Golden Sun's past in it

Guest Plattym3
current Ruby: 12026, 20, 21:40

What's the 12026?

I'm 97 hours into my DMW2 game. Now I have 278 monsters. I'm missing a lot of the ______ x ??? monsters, about 7 ??? monsters, and oddly 10 dragons. Haven't found a good Dragon key yet, and I'll be damned if I'm going to breed that many.

current Ruby: 12026, 20, 21:40

What's the 12026?

Money?

All my characters in Grandia III are level 50 and have each of their moves at PSPRP (I assume that Alfina is going to get another move through some kind of special scenario since she has an extra space when looking at her special skills movelist).

Got Gun and MGear done

I working on MGear 2 so I can put Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistence away

Guest Plattym3

About 102 hours into DWM2 now.

Exactly 288 monsters captured. 2 more and I get Warabou himself.

I currently need:

5 dragons

1 beast

1 bird

3 plants

2 demons/devils

2 zombies

2 waters

8 ???

Does anyone know where to get a CopyCat? I haven't found one in a key world yet, and they're not able to be formed by breeding.

Remember the first tower in Sky world? That and the tunnels under the cemetery should have them.

Went on a Grandia III Spree, beat the Melc Ruins (good music there, might come back to try and get another Lucky Book from one of the Reds) and beat the Alpha Beta Parking Lot (which I now think I may have went too fast so I may go back to my last save, before fighting Emelious, and leave the area to see what I may have missed). In battle, I think Law LLim has the best voice in the game.

Guest Plattym3
Remember the first tower in Sky world? That and the tunnels under the cemetery should have them.

Found one in the cemetary in the Sky world. Thanks!

About 106 hours into DWM2 now.

Exactly 299 monsters captured. Uh, wasn't Warabou supposed to come with me when I got 290 monsters?

I currently need:

1 beast (Gorago)

1 bird (Funkybird)

2 plants (Egdracil, Watabou)

1 demons/devils (LampGenie)

1 zombies (Lazamanus)

1 waters (Poseidon)

6 ??? (LordDraco, AsuraZoma, PsychoPiz, Mudou, Orgodemir, Orgodemir2)

Almost all of these require a ??? monster to be part of the breeding process, so tomorrow is going to be linking day. I'm going to breed across a linked game, so I can get the monster I want plus my ??? back. Then I'll have to raise the monsters up in level past 10, and breed across the link again. That's going to take some time, but I'm almost done! I'm guessing I'm not going to get Watabou because it's too much of a process with DWM1 and I really don't want to get into that.

Well, I'm about halfway through Dragon Quest V, according to my best guess. I'm just at the part where I'm allowed to sail outside the central sea and my kids were born.

I've been spending a fair amount of time looking for games the last few days rather than actually playing them. I bought 5 NES games and am considering a bundle of about a dozen more. The games I bought yesterday are TMNT 1, Metal Storm, Yo! Noid, Faxanadu, and Punch-Out!!. Some of the highlights of the bundle I may buy are TMNT 2, Bionic Commando, Ninja Gaiden, and Gradius.

I bought a used NES so I could play my old games again (my older brother owns the NES we played as kids), and have been collecting some of the games I missed out on then since the spring. I'm not going for quantity or rarity of games or anything; just games that I want to play. But it's been fun to keep an eye out for good deals and to play the old games again the way they're meant to be played - on the NES hardware!

Edit: Oh yes, and my order from YesAsia.com shipped out today. It's got DQ8-j, DQ5-PS2, and DQ4-PS. Can't wait!! :)

Edited by Safis

I going be playing WArms 3 again -_-

wondering if I ever get to the end

Exactly 299 monsters captured. Uh, wasn't Warabou supposed to come with me when I got 290 monsters?

I currently need:

1 beast (Gorago)

1 bird (Funkybird)

1 zombies (Lazamanus)

1 waters (Poseidon)

Almost all of these require a ??? monster to be part of the breeding process, so tomorrow is going to be linking day. I'm going to breed across a linked game, so I can get the monster I want plus my ??? back. Then I'll have to raise the monsters up in level past 10, and breed across the link again. That's going to take some time, but I'm almost done! I'm guessing I'm not going to get Watabou because it's too much of a process with DWM1 and I really don't want to get into that.

got Shark? Hehe... BTW it appears I'm somewhat ahead of you. I have a Poseidon. :D I did kinda breed away my Mudou to get it though.(I did my fun idea and did a clone battle to beat Mudou with a single Mudou) I'm not sure if I've gotten done with PP and AZ yet. Got LordDraco a while ago. I'm actually planning on using it as a material monster for O. or is it O2? It's the Deathmore family that I don't have.

Guest Plattym3

I currently need:

1 beast (Gorago)

1 bird (Funkybird)

1 zombies (Lazamanus)

1 waters (Poseidon)

got Shark? Hehe... BTW it appears I'm somewhat ahead of you. I have a Poseidon. :D I did kinda breed away my Mudou to get it though.(I did my fun idea and did a clone battle to beat Mudou with a single Mudou) I'm not sure if I've gotten done with PP and AZ yet. Got LordDraco a while ago. I'm actually planning on using it as a material monster for O. or is it O2? It's the Deathmore family that I don't have.

Got Gorago, Poseidon & Mudou today. Got in about 2-3 hours and have a ton of monsters waiting to hatch in both my games. I need to raise them and breed them, and then I'll have probably have another 4 monsters instantly.

I beat this game about 2.5 years ago, then last year picked it up for about 15 hours and did everything I needed to do to get Deathmore's forms and all the way up to DarkDruim.

Started back up on Xenogears (thanks again, Gabo! :D) and just got Bart to join my party. I'm about ready to go into the sand cave, or whatever it's called. I'm about 5 hours into the game.

Started playing the King's Quest series as well. I played through the first two today, and got a start on KQ3, although I think I messed up in that one and will have to start over.

Guest Plattym3

About 112 hours into DWM2 now.

Exactly 306 monsters captured.

I currently need:

1 zombies (Lazamanus)

3 ??? (AsuraZoma, Orgodemir, Orgodemir2)

For some reason, I couldn't breed a LampGenie across games. It kept telling me that my monsters were incompatible, despite the fact that I checked the breeding charts in the guide and used 3 books to keep changing personalities. Finally got the Centasaur to breed with my Genosidoh on 1 game, which ended the life of that Genosidoh. Doesn't matter much since that was the end of an evolutionary branch. I've got a map drawn of what I need to do to get everyone buy Watabou, so maybe I'll finish up today.

Started back up on Xenogears (thanks again, Gabo! :D) and just got Bart to join my party. I'm about ready to go into the sand cave, or whatever it's called. I'm about 5 hours into the game.

No problem and have fun! :thumbsup:

Decided to go back to the save before I fought Emelious and went back to see if I missed some things (1 revival gem) and decided to extract the skills from the Luck Book. Used the skill to get 2 more Luck Books from "Big Red" and "Lucky O' Hare" and will probably go back to them after visiting other areas with my new found skill. Also, I might try to see what the Godkiller will do if I let it go all the way and when everybody has Crystal Wall up.

During other times, I'll be trying to beat each game that the Angry Nintendo Nerd has reviewed.

Guest Plattym3

OK, I finished my quest to catch all monsters in DWM2 (at least all the ones at the library, apparently there are 3 "legendary" ones). Time: 113+ hours.

Read more about it and see some screenshots in this topic in the DWM area.

Well, once Slime Master's Leaf Green game gets here, I'm in for more Pokemon this summer. This time I'm only going for the 150 original ones. This should prove to be the easiest task yet (got 200 monsters in Ruby/Sapphire, got all 312 monsters in DWM2).

Well done, Platty! My hat goes off to you (if I were, indeed, wearing a hat, that is).

I'm on to King's Quest IV now. But I want to beat this one without using hints or FAQs. I'm only at 25 of 230 (for those of you familiar with Sierra's old DOS adventure games), but we'll see if I can make it!

I started playing these after reading about The Silver Lining, originally called King's Quest IX: Every Cloak has a Silver Lining. It's a fan game, but being done very profesionally, and they recently got permission to continue and release it as freeware as planned, with the condition that they change the name and submit it to them for final review. In any case, the first game of the trilogy is supposed to be coming out before the end of the year if all goes well, so I wanted to catch up on the series leading up to it.

Playing Valkyrie Profile: Lenneth for the PSP and Summon Night for the GBA, which is almost complete :D