Sign in to follow this  
Guest Plattym3

What are you currently playing?

So, did you like the LoTR 3rd Age game? I thought it was an OK clone of FFX with LoTR characters. Beat it last spring. It provided a couple dozen hours of fun (great music too - it was straight from the movies).

Finally put an hour and a half into Atelier Iris: Eternal Mana today. I'm at the 27 hour mark, and I'm in the Atelier Iris library right now. I'm planning on beating this before Father's Day.

Still working on the Pokedex. It's near 180. Got Latios in the VERY FIRST BATTLE I fought after beating the game. Finding Latias is proving quite a bit harder. Between both games I've easily got 75+ hours logged now. Got the baby Pokemon I need, so it's just a matter of serious power leveling and convincing 2 more Pokemon to evolve on their own!

Well like I said before The lack of money and towns does hit it hard but for a non Japan RPG I can throw it some bones

Overall I say Avag Mid point in game was really good but I just dont get how the got to the top at the end if you known what I mean >>

Guest Plattym3

Finally!

I don't know why it seems like forever (maybe because it's been since early February), but I finally put the finishing touches moves to the final boss in Atelier Iris: Eternal Mana. The game itself only went for about 36 hours, but I think if there was such a spell as Return (or Zoom) and Outside, then I could have finished in half that time. Then again, I was probably overleveled, as the final boss was much easier than a walkthru I read claimed he was going to be. Then, I guess just to put the final piss me off touch on the game, right after Lita & Klien walk out of the final town together, the game freezes. No final scenes, no credits, no THE END, no nothing. At least, I'm guessing that's a mistake.

It's going to be a long time before I bother to fool around with Atelier Iris: Eternal Mana 2. I guess I don't like the alchemy that much. Too many useless items, and no real great rewards to go with getting them. I finished the game withoutsomuch as using any healing items other than the Mana items at Klein's disposal. Also, I took a one month break in the middle of playing the game and only played maybe an hour or two each week for months (got busy with Grandia III & Kingdom Hearts II & FFI&II & Pokemon...) Heck, during the 17 hours I put in the past 4 days, I did almost no alchemy at all. I just remembered before the final fight you could alter the stats of weapons, but decided not to do it, so I beat the game with unaltered weapons I found lying around. Oh well...

Not a bad game though. I enjoyed it and will probably play #2, but not until I know I can put in a couple hours a day for an extended period of time (like next summer).

Now, to finish that Pokedex...

Congrats on beating Atelier Iris. 36 hours?! I think it took me about 50 hours to beat the game, and I ended with a little over 70 to finish the rest of the bonus stuff in it.

Yeah after Lita and Klein walk out it did freeze for you probably, it did the first time I beat it as well. The game is supposed to finish playing the credits and such afterward.

The weapons in that game were my biggest problem with it. Most of the weapons you just found lying around were better than anything you could make. I actually liked how the weapon synthesis in that game worked, but problem was most couldn't be altered. The ones that could were all low level weapons and so weak on attack power and such that the regular ones you could find were better. Luckily most of their "Ultimate weapons" were alterable, but most of those were found in the bonus dungeon after beating the game anyway.

I've been seriously considering buying AI2, since overall I liked the first one, but never gotten around to it still.

Good luck with that Pokedex. I never really bothered trying to gather all the pokemon with my versions, but I had a friend who managed to complete it for the yellow version. It gave him a certificate he could look at in game anytime that basically said "Congratulations", it could also be printed with one of those gameboy printer things. Of course that was with Yellow version by now the pokemon games must be up to like 300+ different pokemon.

Of course that was with Yellow version by now the pokemon games must be up to like 300+ different pokemon.
386 :D Yeah I know that's not really important, but hey....

I recently got this new game called "Dino hunter". It seems to have gotten thouroughly roasted by the people on the GameFaqs message board. Most of them haven't played the game though so their opinions don't count. I actually like it though. I've managed to get 2 6 star monsters in the game, both of them have some special abilitis that make them a bit more fearsome than most. The first was an anklosaurus that has stronger techniques than most, and the second is a saropod of some sort, it's special? It has one less guard point than it normally would. :whoa: And the best part? For a DS game it's reallt cheap. 20$ :thumbsup:

Edited by marhawkman

Guest Plattym3

Do you mean "Dino Master"? I've found no reference to any video game ever named Dino Hunter.

What type of game is it? It is like a Pokemon or DWM?

Edited by Plattym3

Do you mean "Dino Master"? I've found no reference to any video game ever named Dino Hunter.

What type of game is it? It is like a Pokemon or DWM?

Erm yeah. Dino Master. It's actually more like Monster Rancher in that you find and ressurect monsters rather than catching them. Also in this game monsters don't have levels. They're just there. You don't train them you just find them. You can't really even collect them either, since you're limited to having 10 at a time. But there aren't many that you would WANT to collect. So it's a minor issue. The real fun comes from trying to get the six star dinos. Not easy. You have to get fossils that are both high quality and larger than usual, and even then it's not guaranteed. crappy fossils give you weak dinos.

Currently at Disc 2 of Grandia III and just left "Glass Zero" and back into the real world. Noticed the odd changes and went directly to Arrange Dice. Saw the Master Book and told myself that I was going to get 4 at once, so I played until I had 4 million medals. Made me sad that I could only buy 1 copy of the book. The only thing I need to do in Arrange Dice now is to get 800,000 medals in a game and I can feel complete, but I'll come back to hunt that down after I go into the jungle.

I playing Wild Arm 3 again

I got

Great Greed, FFTAdvance and Dino Crisis 2 done

Currently at Disc 2 of Grandia III and just left "Glass Zero" and back into the real world. Noticed the odd changes and went directly to Arrange Dice. Saw the Master Book and told myself that I was going to get 4 at once, so I played until I had 4 million medals. Made me sad that I could only buy 1 copy of the book. The only thing I need to do in Arrange Dice now is to get 800,000 medals in a game and I can feel complete, but I'll come back to hunt that down after I go into the jungle.

Ouch, you spent long enough at the arrange dice to get 4 million medals?!! Even before I knew there was a limit to 1 Master book I had decided to stick around only long enough for that one. I didn't want to deal with that game anymore than I needed to.

I remember it liked to do 3 VI's in a row then a VII, and a IV or V a lot. I can't even imagine how long it must have taken to get 4 million in that game.

Great Greed

;) They made a game about a Full Metal Alchemist character?! :P Seriously though am I the first to learn about a game entitled "Great Greed"? Oh and back on topic I've made some progress in Tales of Phantasia, Mint has just joined my party and at this time I am at some weird crypt place.

Great Greed

;) They made a game about a Full Metal Alchemist character?! :P Seriously though am I the first to learn about a game entitled "Great Greed"? Oh and back on topic I've made some progress in Tales of Phantasia, Mint has just joined my party and at this time I am at some weird crypt place.

Well no its a Namco GBoy game Kind reminded me of DQ1 as your by yourself most time SOMEtimes you get a 2ed char but AI so bad you may as well count it as Lucky hit

The game starts out on Earth were your char and his dad looking somewere camp but due to waste from others not Recycling and such area is ruined as your on your way home a old lady and strange monster pop out no were as old lady use spell she brings you to her world by mistake.

You meet king of this world and find out whats going on a Evil man is puting waste and trash in to this world.

(note 80% the stuff in this world is food related >>)

You at 1st go find way home but end up wanting to stop Bio Haz (bad guy) from doing this

Its ok game 11 endings and good on the go

Sadly has nothing do with FMA

I borrowed a copy of KOTOR II for PC from a friend, currently a level 8 Jedi Guardian, playing around with sidequests and such on Telos.

Started playing Star Ocean: Till the End of Time today. Got it from Slime Knights. :)

Been playing through Tales of Destiny again for the PSX. Not too far, as of yet (just saved on the world map for the first time). About 2 hours into the game.

I mainly working on WA3 and Shining Force 2

I would like add I also found copy of Shining Force 1&CD

Handheld wise with Great Greed done I went and Poped in Golden Sun Lost Age and see if I can get somewere with it XD

Guest Plattym3

I did it!!! Caught 2 Bagon last night, the 2nd had a Dragon Scale, a couple of trades later and I have all 200 Pokemon in Ruby. Wow, now I can concentrate on Pokemon Crystal, and sell them all in a month when I'm done. Went and beat the game with a full Pokedex. Nothing special at all :(

Did you talk to that one guy in Lilycove city? in the Yellow Hotel like bulding? Any way, I recently got hooked to FFTA, but at the same time I'm working on my pokedex in my Saphirre. I have 168, all I have to do now is level every one in the Hoen Dex. And I have 216 on a nation wide count.

Just for the heck of it, played through Zelda 3: A Link to the Past again, beat Ganon, and saw the ending.

One little aside I noticed:

Silver arrows are surprisingly powerful. They one-hit kill almost all of the enemies that are vulnerable to them. Known exceptions:

Vitreous (2 hits)

Ganon (4 hits)

Guest Plattym3
Did you talk to that one guy in Lilycove city? in the Yellow Hotel like bulding? Any way, I recently got hooked to FFTA, but at the same time I'm working on my pokedex in my Saphirre. I have 168, all I have to do now is level every one in the Hoen Dex. And I have 216 on a nation wide count.

I haven't spoken to the guy you speak of, but I will now check him out. What is the 216 on the nation-wide count you speak of?

You reminded me that I forgot That I beat FFTA >>

I didnt even think it was last boss seemed....abit easy .....

;) Still playing through Tales of Phantasia and now I have run into a problem. Is there a way to get that statue in the screenshot out of that corner? Or am I screwed and may have to restart the game since the game will not place the statue back where it started from?

talesofphantasiajteng12lowcase.th.png

Edited by Slime Master

Well I'm playing a ton of games at once right now, so if it sounds like I'm listing off my entire library of games just bear with me.

Dreamcast:

Grandia 2 - I'm in Roans kingdom for the first time. This is my 3rd time through this game.

Shenmue 2 - About 3 hours in. It's hard to play without voice acting like in the first

GCN:

Resident Evil 4 - I'm in the castle, and I think I'm nearing rescuing Ashley but can't be sure.

Tales of Symphonia - 3 or 4 hours in

Zelda: Ocarina of Time Master Quest - Inside Jabu Jabu's Belly

Zelda: Wind Waker - Just about to fight Gannon as soon as I do one more puzzle.

PS2:

Devil May Cry 3 - This game is so hard, I think I'm on mission 4 or 5 but I'm slowly working through it

ICO - I'm just putting this here since I beat it last night and it was amazing

Zone of the Enders 2 - Just started this one yesterday, lots of fun

PSP:

Daxter - One more mission and I'm done

Tales of Eternia - About an hour in, started 2 days ago

Untold Legends - At least 2 hours in, started 2 days ago

XBox:

Fable - Maybe about 45 minutes in, just started 2 days ago

Star Wars: KOTOR 2 - I've been playing this all day. I'm up to 9 hours. Great game, I need to get the first.

And you thought I was kidding when I said a lot... Yeah I am playing all of these regularly, at least every 2 or 3 days.

Edited by Decoy

I've been playing through DQ3GBC again while I wait for my V and VI to arrive. I have two orbs so far (Lancel and Tedanki), and I just arrived in Samanao after being wasted by Orochi.

I've also been playing a bunch of NES games, which I've recently started collecting used:

Crystalis: about 2/3 of the way through

Zelda II: on the 3rd palace

Startropics II: Pyramid in Chapter 3

Ironsword: on and off; haven't got past the cloud level (part 2 of level 1)

Adventures of Dino-Riki: never beat world 1 before, but after discovering the continue code (much like in mario 1), I think I'll be able to make it to the end.

Zelda DX: Not NES, but dungeon 6, the eagle's tower.

;) Still on Tales of Phantasia, and now just ignore my last post since I figured out what to do. And now on with the game!!

(By the way I made the 1000th reply in this topic and Saifs made the 1000th post :wink: )

Edited by Slime Master

Dreamcast:

Grandia 2 - I'm in Roans kingdom for the first time. This is my 3rd time through this game.

Shenmue 2 - About 3 hours in. It's hard to play without voice acting like in the first

And you thought I was kidding when I said a lot... Yeah I am playing all of these regularly, at least every 2 or 3 days.

Your all lucky I dont list all my crap XD

Anyway Why not get Shenmue 2 on Xbox?

It has Voice acting and plays same with few add things only thing you lose is to send your things from 1st one to 2ed *like all toys you buy*

For xbox one you start with all the Key Items +Theres secret Comic on it :P

I beat Silent Hill 3 & Katamari Damacy (Now just need PSP game)

Still working on Wild Arms 3 I really want it to be overwith -_-