What are you currently playing?

Guest Plattym3

Well, I'm plugging along.  Any suggestions for what early-level (level 11 on down) skills I should be focusing on building up now?

I don't know exact skills (I can't remember what all you get at that level), but heres a few suggestions:

1. When your characters get the skill "Stun" equip it! It's a passive skill (in other words you don't have to activate it, it will work without having to hold down the button, etc.), I usually put it on Fayt and Cliff, and I put in on the SHORT X button (thats just me, but I used short, fast attacks more-so then the big-powerful O button attacks). Stun will automatically go up in levels (profiecientcy levels I believe), and as it goes up, the better it will activate itself.

When I maxed Stun on levels, I would stun the enemies multiple times during battles. And it helps ALOT.

2. When you get the skill, "MP Damage Up", you learn it alittle ways on, BUT this skill is a total lifesaver, and I have it on ALL fighters in my party. This skill, lets the person who has it equiped (once again another passive ability/skill), take MP AND HP damage. In this game, if your characters hit 0 MP, there dead, as if they hit 0 HPs (they call it mental exhaustion, or something like that). In this game, 90% of all enemies have more HPs than MPs, so say, your fighting a monster that has a HUGE amount of HPs (theres alot), they take a long time to kill. Well, to shorten that time, put on MP Damage Up, and it's a sure bet it's gonna take half the number of hits before, to bring him down. This skill is a must, for every fighter (I believe everybody gets this skill). I usually had MP damage up on SHORT O button (hits harder, takes more HP and MP damage this way.).

3. HP Damage Up is another good skill, it's passive, and helps you take more damage (levels up as it's used by your character, it's randomly used though). Another good skill to have. Either SHORT or LONG works good here. Mine was on LONG O button. I believe you learn this one pretty early on, you might have it already on your characters.

4. First Aid is another must! It has a chance to heal you everytime a monster damages you. The heal scales with level and amount of HPs (and is equiped in the Support Skill section, of the skill screen). In other words, if your level 20, and you get hit and it heals for 1200 hps, when you hit level 30, it will start healing for 2000-2250, etc.

I hope some of this stuff makes sense. If you got the strategy guide, it helps out a bunch with explaining skills (and you can look up and get more info on the skills I listed in the strategy guide). Good luck!

Edited by Thorr
  • Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Plattym3

Thanks, I have skills 1, 3, & 4 that you mentioned. I'll definately equip Stun, as I have not done that yet. I'll put first aid back on as I moved it for something else (can't remember)

Oh, WTF does "Common Battle Symbols" or something like that do. It's one of those skills like first aid that isn't set to a button. I got them from Decrepit Tombs if I recall, but I can't figure out what it does.

Common Battle Symbols, if I remember correctly, when equiped gives the character Attack spells for use in combat (like if you used the tome on Fayt, you can equip that in the First Aid area, and he'll be able to cast magic in battle). It's OK at best, I put it on Fayt accidentaly, not sure if I even used it, to tell you the truth.

It is only the most basic attack spells, however. He will not learn any new spells...

I didn't find it worth it to use it on anyone. The ones to watch out for are the "common healing spells" tome. That is worth it since it allows the character to cast heal...

One more thing that may help...

I'm not sure exactly where you are or how far you are, but it help me out alot to save up the money needed to buy Fayt the Holy Sword from Aryglyph. It will make fayt alot stronger and you won't have to buy him a new weapon for awhile...

Guest Plattym3

Thanks, I've been saving up money for some of those items I saw back there when I first crash landed. I just joined up with the inventor's guild. I'm thinking of heading back to Aryglyph for a quick shopping trip since I'm strong enough to beat those soldiers guarding the entrace to the town.

I started playing SO3 a while back, put about 50 hours into, got to the part right before I enter sphere. But my disc seems to be bad, so I can't get past that part. I found a huge difficulty jump when I first entered disc2 as well. It was so bad that I had to get lucky just to survive a battle. I'm just a little curious,

1.Was disc2 supposed to get that much harder, or was I just weak?

2.Anyone else remember having problems with loading while entering sphere?

I started playing SO3 a while back, put about 50 hours into, got to the part right before I enter sphere. But my disc seems to be bad, so I can't get past that part. I found a huge difficulty jump when I first entered disc2 as well. It was so bad that I had to get lucky just to survive a battle. I'm just a little curious,

1.Was disc2 supposed to get that much harder, or was I just weak?

2.Anyone else remember having problems with loading while entering sphere?

Hmm, I had a difficult time when I entered the 2nd disc BOTH times I played the game (I was a higher level my second time), so I'm guessing they meant for it to be a big jump in difficulty when you get there. Personally, I found the game to be extremely easy, up to that point.

My disc I believe loaded fine when I would enter Sphere. Now, if you are talking about that error you get once in awhile (Loading Data From Disc), I got that, but my game never froze up, or wouldn't continue.

Yes it's the "Loading data from disc" message. First time I tried entering entering sphere I got it and thought nothing of it, but it seemed to get stuck on that point. I've tried several times to get in but, everytime it gives the Loading data message, and freezes there. I even left it at the spot for 20 minutes once, but it never finished loading. I'm pretty sure I just have a bad disc, just wanted to check if anyone else had the same problem.

Guest Plattym3

Well, my copy of Lord of the Rings: The 3rd Age came in the mail today. I've already put in a little over 2 hours and completed 5% of the game (according to my save file). It's fun, but getting 2,000 exp for beating a couple of Orcs with 1-hit kills doesn't seem quite fair. It seems like it's going to be an easy game. I don't like the close camera angles while walking around, I can't see much. The battles are quite something to watch, even when they're easy. I guess I'll probably play this game until I beat it or am bored of it and then go back to SO3.

Well, my copy of Lord of the Rings: The 3rd Age came in the mail today. I've already put in a little over 2 hours and completed 5% of the game (according to my save file). It's fun, but getting 2,000 exp for beating a couple of Orcs with 1-hit kills doesn't seem quite fair. It seems like it's going to be an easy game. I don't like the close camera angles while walking around, I can't see much. The battles are quite something to watch, even when they're easy. I guess I'll probably play this game until I beat it or am bored of it and then go back to SO3.

Am told by alot that it was a fast made RPG just for LOTRs fans but most found the story bad or/and the Ways of battle missed up :???:

I got some new games mostle Playing DWM#1 still and A new game Time Stalkers (on DCast)

and Won at Gungrave Overdose and the 1st Devil May Cry

Guest Plattym3

Actually the story is pretty good. You have your own little fellowship that follows closely behind The Fellowship. I'm in Moria now and while way down the bottom had a pile of bones fall from a hole in the ceiling and damn near smack me on the head. I could faitly hear Gandalf yelling at Pippen. Then the drums started beating and I watched the Balrog climb out of a hole beneath me and start heading up. I'm following in his destructive wake right now.

Well from ones I hear that dont like the story is that your just a group of guys that no one knowns following closely behind The Fellowship.

If I remaber the Main Guy was going after that one guy who dies by the Orcs after he tried to take the Ring.

;) *Shifting back on topic :P*

I have resumed my DWIII GBC game and so far i have just gotten the ship. I know what to do next since I played the game so many times before but I'm just building my party's levels up some before proceeding.

Hmm, I had a difficult time when I entered the 2nd disc BOTH times I played the game (I was a higher level my second time), so I'm guessing they meant for it to be a big jump in difficulty when you get there. Personally, I found the game to be extremely easy, up to that point.

Yeah... I also found it insanely difficult to survive battles. I was still trying to *fully* understand the battle system though. I NEVER knew how to do a cancel bonus. The computer would be getting these 300% bonuses and everything, so I just stuck to controlling Nel for the entire game, so that I could heal the bonus-getting CPU characters...

But, yeah - Moonbase was ridiculous. Because not only do you get to control two people in level 1, but the machine enemies start dealing huge damage continually... pow, pow, pow, pow pow! (Maria: AAAAAHHHH!) And I think my people... oh, they were spread apart. Maria was starting to climb, but it was the "superior Cliff and Nel" combination that was around level... 33 or so. Fayt was dead for the longest time because I used so many items during battle, so he was stuck around level 26... and Maria was around level 30.

But I found that the game didn't really get much more difficult until the final area. It went down in difficulty after Moonbase, that's for sure...

Anyway, I'm currently playing through Xenosaga again, and I just got chaos!!!!!!!! You see, chaos never leaves the party unless it's through storyline stuff, because he's the coolest character. And, once I get Ziggy, he's going to go in the reserves forever.

Anyway, I'm currently playing through Xenosaga again, and I just got chaos!!!!!!!! You see, chaos never leaves the party unless it's through storyline stuff, because he's the coolest character. And, once I get Ziggy, he's going to go in the reserves forever.

I really need to finish that game. My first time through i got to some evacuation, got bored, and stopped playing. When i wanted to start playing again i couldn't remember anything so i thought i should start over again...

Well, i got inside the big gnosis, got bored, and stopped playing...

I have a serious problem about finishing games. I always get near the end, get bored, and stop playing. It's almost like i'm so sad that the game will be over that i won't let it end...

Edit: I loaded up Xenosaga, hoping that i could just pick it up at the big gnosis, but that save is gone...so i guess it is back to the beginning for me... :cry:

Edited by DarkDragoon
Guest Plattym3
Yeah... I also found it insanely difficult to survive battles. I was still trying to *fully* understand the battle system though. I NEVER knew how to do a cancel bonus. The computer would be getting these 300% bonuses and everything, so I just stuck to controlling Nel for the entire game, so that I could heal the bonus-getting CPU characters...

I didn't realize there was a cancel bonus until I read it in my strategy guide, but like you I cannot figure it out for the life of me.

Took me awhile to figure out the cancel bonus as well. Sidekick is the easiest to cancel, i believe, and can easily be canceled all the way...

The best part about SO3 is trying to get all the battle trophies and unlocking costumes and what not...

I'm currently playing Tales of Destiny II and have about 4 hours of play time. Just trying to get out of a confusing forest while gaining levels in the process.

I got the Remake of River City Ransom ex for the GBA

Its not to bad for the NES one but no 2player and you 2ed guy is done by the computer and not ....smart.... :angry:

Is it just me or do ya all think I get to meany games :baa:

Any way With RCRansom out the way I got Resident Evil Zero for GC today and just got to the underground area where rebecca falls.

And POWER STONE 2 for Dream Cast (as DC fans or Big gamer fans would known this is a hard game to find sometimes and can eat I think last time I looked like $40s) but....its not working so I got to see about Buffing it and IT BETTER WORK :devil:

Well, I know how to cancel now...

I find Maria easiest to cancel with... "Scatter Beam, Scatter Beam, Energy Burst!!!!" is my favourite... Now that I've almost completely beaten the game (Freya is ridiculous with her stupid "Ether Strike" attack...), my people are powerful and I know how to make them powerful, too. :P

I also had no idea how to customize or create items, either... what I would do, having noticed that the cost per run varies dramatically, would simply try to get the lowest cost I could; I thought I was being all smart and stuff... and then I'd get 4 Humiliating Earrings, a Misconceived Product, and a Disgusting Doll and wish I was playing Star Ocean 2 again. :P