What are you currently playing?

Guest Plattym3

Guest Plattym3

Well, Pokemon Ruby came in the mail last Friday and I had 10 hours on it by Sunday evening. Up to about 13 hours now. Somewhere in the neighborhood of 30 Pokemon caught and I'm close to getting my 4th badge. Man, Pokemon games can get addicting after not having played one of them or a DWM game in a year and a half.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good ol' Pokemon I originally beat Red, Blue, Yellow and Gold versions about 5 years ago. They were nice little ... sort of RPG's... when I played them. What version are they up to now? I completely lost track of them all after that one that was supposed to have a female character, Crystal or something like that was it?

Anyway have fun with that, pokemon's a nice little series for gameboy.

Beat tales of Legendia recently, game was a lot longer than I expected it to be.

Now I'm thinking of finally buying another copy of Star ocean: Till end of the time so I can finish that one up. I originally started it a little over a year ago, got all the way to sphere company, and realized it was a bad disc. I managed to get my game in a place where I can't even continue it at all because the disc read error will come up immediately.

Also been considering Atelier Iris 2, enjoyed the first one, and from the looks of it the 2nd is a complete improvement.

Then around the time Tales of the Abyss comes out I'm gonna pick that one up as well, and that'll be my last Ps2 title I get. Once I've finished that one I'll have to find other things to pass the time, I'm not getting any of those next-gen systems.

Not sure on all that yet though, gonna see what my wallet has to say about it :P

they're supposed to be releasing some new ones soon. I think pearl and diamond... The last two Pokemon games to come out were Fire-Red and Leaf-Green. (remakes of the original red and green)

As for my DWM2... I still can't get the Elf key or Brawn Key.... I traded over the Baffle and Lonely keys from a different game, but it didn't give me them. I wonder if there's some sort of "Issue" that makes the timing more precise? Like trading AFTER you Kick Darck's punk self....

they're supposed to be releasing some new ones soon. I think pearl and diamond... The last two Pokemon games to come out were Fire-Red and Leaf-Green. (remakes of the original red and green)

As for my DWM2... I still can't get the Elf key or Brawn Key.... I traded over the Baffle and Lonely keys from a different game, but it didn't give me them. I wonder if there's some sort of "Issue" that makes the timing more precise? Like trading AFTER you Kick Darck's punk self....

Pearl & Diamond are going to be the Next ones for DS only no date for USA

its come out in Japan 3erd Q of 2006

Playing Ephemeral Fantasia (I found out Ephemeral means Short and is the game short -_-)

LofZ:MMask Fans will feel at home with the Time looping system as the Main char and others (Whom you free from the Time loop *as they forget ever time* and help you) live 5 days over and over again.

Like MMask there events you can become involed with and change the out come (Ex one guy dies on 4th day you can save him in one the time loops)

Aside from that its basic RPG

But I read few reviews and found somethings abit funny alot others like to make fun of Xelpherpolis (Sephiroth wanbe) and Rummy (Tifa Wanbe)

Also how one said that who ever desined the outfits for Rummy and Loreille must been a horny 15 year old XD

The game is strange and flaws are bound but I didnt feel as much hate to the game as some said (Tho so far plot is lakeing)

Huh... I haven't posted here recently....

Alrighty. I hatched my LordDraco, Sidoh, and Esterk. The three of them did personality training and immediately set off to pound Darck's punk @$$. Starting at level 1 they entered Limbo. They got up to L8 before they got to Darck. Yep, a team of L8 monsters beat Darck. :D

I finished Suikoden V on Monday. This game had one of the best and most thorough storylines I've come across in a long time, and it makes me want to go and play some of the other Suikodens I missed out on(Like 1 & 2). It's amazing how there were so many characters, and a good majority of them are memorable characters who have a backstory to them.

I finished Suikoden V on Monday. This game had one of the best and most thorough storylines I've come across in a long time, and it makes me want to go and play some of the other Suikodens I missed out on(Like 1 & 2). It's amazing how there were so many characters, and a good majority of them are memorable characters who have a backstory to them.

I'm glad you enjoyed it. It was a very good game. Speaking of Suikoden I and II, I have ISOs (back-up copies of my originals) I'd be willing to share if you have a broadband connection and use MSN Messenger or another IM service? These games are extremely hard to find (Suikoden II is damn near impossible unless you want to pay $80 on a pre-played game; $160+ brand new). Let me know. I'd be more than willing to share them. Just need a PSX emulator. :biggrin:

Picked up Suikoden V again, this time with the intent of collecting all 108 SoD, and right now I'm about to go bust Lucia out of prison. Also started up a Fighter/Weapon Master on Neverwinter Nights: SoU, currently at level 2.

Sure, I would like those ISOs :D I've already seen the insane prices that Suikoden II goes for, and I don't think I'd be buying these from eBay. I'll be on AIM this weekend including Friday evening as rpgkingDWL. I forgot what my MSN messenger account was.

EDIT: This was a response to Kage, obviously.

By the way, for Suikoden V fans who've completed the game but missed an awesome but sad scene involving Roy, here it is. I didn't see this scene because of one of the choices I made, but it was for the best... It'll be a long time til I replay Suikoden V again just to make alternate choices(since I have lots of other games on my list) so I just watched this on youtube.

Oh and obviously, that is a MAJOR SPOILER, so do not watch this movie unless you've completed the game or gotten near the end of the game.

Edited by rpgking
Sure, I would like those ISOs :D I've already seen the insane prices that Suikoden II goes for, and I don't think I'd be buying these from eBay. I'll be on AIM this weekend including Friday evening as rpgkingDWL. I forgot what my MSN messenger account was.

By the way, for Suikoden V fans who've completed the game but missed an awesome but sad scene involving Roy, here it is. I didn't see this scene because of one of the choices I made, but it was for the best... It'll be a long time til I replay Suikoden V again just to make alternate choices(since I have lots of other games on my list) so I just watched this on youtube.

Oh and obviously, that is a MAJOR SPOILER, so do not watch this movie unless you've completed the game or gotten near the end of the game.

Ahh, good deal! I'll be sure to contact you this coming weekend. I'll send you a PM, just so we can set-up a time (later this week; if for some reason I forget, simply PM me). I look forward to it. You won't be dissapointed! Two of the finest games in the series, in my humble opinion. :biggrin:

Then Your be sad hear I goten it 3 times now XD

1st *my copy* 20

2ed 40

3erd 50

2 were gifts

If I see it again for around 50 If you want I pick it up and work out deal with ya :P

;) I have started on Terranigma. So far from what I have played this is shaping up to be a really fun game even though it also has a real time battle system like seen in Secret of Mana and Seiken Densetsu 3. After this I'll begin work on Tales of Phantasia which has been translated by Dejap (same folks who translated Star Ocean for the SNES :D ) and since I downloaded these games off of the Portal special props go to Kojiro for creating such a booty kicking site which has most every game ever made. Best of all NO CRAPPY VOTING!!

Later on, Terranigma has so much depth to it and it's amazing that an action RPG was able to achieve this level of depth. Definitely one of my most favorite games of all time. ;)

I originally started Terranigma on a different computer of mine. I think I was just about to get to the real world area, don't think I was very far. I really should hook that computer back up sometime and continue working on it, it was a good game, and I loved the other two in the series (Illusion of Gaia, and Soulblazer) or at least I think they were the same series.

Onto subject of what I'm currently playing... I found a new version of Star Ocean:Till end the of time for $20 and picked it up. So now I'm playing it again, I actually beat it a couple days ago, now I'm working on the cave of trials.

Guest Plattym3
;) I have started on Terranigma. So far from what I have played this is shaping up to be a really fun game even though it also has a real time battle system like seen in Secret of Mana and Seiken Densetsu 3. After this I'll begin work on Tales of Phantasia which has been translated by Dejap (same folks who translated Star Ocean for the SNES :D ) and since I downloaded these games off of the Portal special props go to Kojiro for creating such a booty kicking site which has most every game ever made. Best of all NO CRAPPY VOTING!!

I played about half that game and it is on my list to get back to and finish. It was quite fun!

Well, I'm 45 hours into Pokemon Ruby now. Just captured Groudon without using my precious Master Ball. It took 4 fights, numerous X Defend, X Accurate, Hyper Potions, Ultra Balls, and finally a few Timer Balls. I finally caught him with a Timer Ball after easily 30-50 rounds. Now, with the help of SM's Sapphire game, I have Pokemon #198, 199, & 200.

Oh, also I picked up Pokemon Crystal finally yesterday along with a Gameboy color for $20. The Pokemon game usually sells for more than this on Ebay, but I found some guy who was selling "USE GAMEBOY COLOR". Only in the item description it said (and the picture showed) that you were bidding on the GBC & the Pokemon game together. So, props to me for being patient and looking and now I've got another system to sell on Ebay. I'll have to post here in a couple weeks because I've got a TON of stuff to sell!

Could be spoilerific, but I am pretty late in playing the game since it was released so...

Been playing Grandia III for a while and I just got to see Yoat some time ago. So far my best friend in this game has been the select button since it allows me to bypass the "movies" and get on with the game (to find out what happens, I just go around the whole town and talk to everybody to see what just, if anything, happened (or wait for the dialog box between my party to talk about what just happend) - also, the only few that I watched completely was Alonso's Final Gamble and Yuki's Fledgling Flight (because I knew that somebody was going to hug somebody else and that was the main thing I waited for)).

Anyways: Galactic Bang > Kornell and Violetta (should have added Astrea Zap for Alfina). Saw the Desert Lord the first time through my desert trip but ignored it since I don't think I would have been able to beat it just yet (especially with a new member), but after going through Kornell and Violetta I knew that Galactic Bang > Desert Lord (it was more like 4x or 3x Galactic Bang, 5x Cancel Special Attacks (having everybody with PSPRP is nice (except for Ulf, he is still missing that final P)), and Shadow Warrior/Flash if need be. I had fun for two hours straight beating that thing over and over for experience points (it also dropped 4 bomb eggs, 4 Life Seeds, and a Lilith Staff, and 4000 gold each time after it seemed to have stop dropping items). I loved Galactic Bang when I got it in Xtreme and I know that I am loving it in III right now :biggrin: (I am also going to love Crystal Wall when I can get my hand on some more and when people can equip the Ether Egg and whatever skill available to increase magic).

The Air Combos (I like calling it that rather than Aerial Combos) are fun since it allows some people to teleport and I get around 20% gold and an increase in dropping a nice item (those sheep were fun to Air Combo (it felt more like breaking a piñata though)).

I should move on with the game, but the desert land is my favorite land so far since the music is nice to listen to as I walk around it (which was also the reason why I stayed in Anfog Woods so long). Having that item/event locator power during trips is fun to just play around with. Arrange Dice is a really nice game to play, I hope there is something nice to buy at Arrange Dice after I am done in the desert region.

One more thing, the whole initial movie that showed a reason for Yuki's love could have been done in one sentence somewhere in the game where it would have had more emphasis (thought they would have skipping be turned on at the beginning automatically, but they didn't).

When I don't feel like playing an RPG, my current games are:

Megaman X2 on the Collection (just finished collecting every heart and E-tank).

We Love Katamari (trying my best to get every cousin).

Marvel Vs Capcom 2 (bettering myself and trying to buy everything in it).

Kirby 64 (playing a second file to get another 100%).

I heard of Terranigma few times never played it nor did I known it was like Mana games I have play it ^-^

Guest Plattym3

Well, earlier this week, I traded some of my best Pokemon from my Ruby game over to a newly started Sapphire game and won in less than 10 hours. Gaining confidence from that win, I traded a couple back, and with some new favorites, beat my Ruby game at the 62 hour mark. I'm guessing this will keep my interest only another week or so. I've got the Pokedex up to 164 Pokemon, with all legendary Pokemon except those two birds exculsive to the versions caught (Latios & Latias), but I managed to save both master balls for that hunt. Just have to level up a few Pokemon, make a Golbat love me and feed my Feebas a buttload of Pokeblocks. Did all the breeding stuff I need to do, so maybe I'll finally get back to my Atelier Iris: Eternal Mana game next week.

Well, earlier this week, I traded some of my best Pokemon from my Ruby game over to a newly started Sapphire game and won in less than 10 hours. Gaining confidence from that win, I traded a couple back, and with some new favorites, beat my Ruby game at the 62 hour mark. I'm guessing this will keep my interest only another week or so. I've got the Pokedex up to 164 Pokemon, with all legendary Pokemon except those two birds exculsive to the versions caught (Latios & Latias), but I managed to save both master balls for that hunt. Just have to level up a few Pokemon, make a Golbat love me and feed my Feebas a buttload of Pokeblocks. Did all the breeding stuff I need to do, so maybe I'll finally get back to my Atelier Iris: Eternal Mana game next week.
BTW about Feebas.... Pay a lot of attention to it's personality. If it doesn't like pokeblocks that boost Beauty it probably won't be able to eat enough to evolve.
;) Just finished up Terranigma a little while ago and in a day or two I'll start up Tales of Phantasia which I have heard alot of good things about. I'd try to finish up Glory of Heracles but since I have no idea where a certain item I need to proceed is I have put that on Hiatus. Edited by Slime Master

I went and Got LoftheR 3erd Age done and Really found the End of the game and Ending Blows

and just when I was geting back in to the game...

I wont ruin anything its just how the heros get from point A to were the Final Boss is just bothers me for some resson and of as said ending if you seen the movies then it may not be hard to known what happens

I beat House of The Dead 3 and in Shining Force II my chars are lvs 10-11

and I working on geting Great Greed done for my GBoy

Guest Plattym3

So, did you like the LoTR 3rd Age game? I thought it was an OK clone of FFX with LoTR characters. Beat it last spring. It provided a couple dozen hours of fun (great music too - it was straight from the movies).

Finally put an hour and a half into Atelier Iris: Eternal Mana today. I'm at the 27 hour mark, and I'm in the Atelier Iris library right now. I'm planning on beating this before Father's Day.

Still working on the Pokedex. It's near 180. Got Latios in the VERY FIRST BATTLE I fought after beating the game. Finding Latias is proving quite a bit harder. Between both games I've easily got 75+ hours logged now. Got the baby Pokemon I need, so it's just a matter of serious power leveling and convincing 2 more Pokemon to evolve on their own!

Thanks, I'll check that out. Any way to change personality?
Get a new Feebas. If you have a female feebas you can breed with any compatible monster, with male Feebas you're stuck with useing ditto for breeding. You COULD go and catch another one in the wild though, but that takes time. Last time I tried to get one I simply fished until I found the right spot and then caught 3-4 feebas. Afterwards I looked to see which one liked the blocks most and fed it. If you had crappy blocks the Feebas who dislike or have no preference regarding Dry won't get quite enough to evolve. But those who like dry can evolve even with relatively crappy blocks.

Edit: hehe... I forgot to mention something important. My work on the FreeOrion project has finally got some attention! They added an official mods page for me to share my alternate universe generation files with people. :)

Edited by marhawkman