Sign in to follow this  
Guest Plattym3

What are you currently playing?

I'm a warrior, currently level 81. I beat Skorne at level 80 so now all I have to do is go through the last battlefield and I'll have the game finished.

I'm a warrior, currently level 81. I beat Skorne at level 80 so now all I have to do is go through the last battlefield and I'll have the game finished.
Hmm.... Garm. A few tips.

1: when doing projectile assault you have two choices:

a: (the easy way) just shoot him repeatedly, the catch is this way you'll end up with more acolytes to deal with.

b: (attempt to) spread out the damage across all parts of Garm. This reduces the rate at which body parts break off. (Note: it apparently doesn't change the amount of Exp. the acolytes appear to give you 0 Exp.)

2: When Acolytes die they release a skull. this travels straigt towards you and can be easily dodged unless you get knocked down by Garm right when they get released.

3: kill the acolytes quickly. Since they stand next to each other it's easy to nail both of them with the same Hyper attack. Using the L3 one can also hit Garm and kill both acolytes at the same time.

As for DWM2... I found out the Shark code for auto join doesn't work on Magic key bosses(only quest bosses) And all attempts at getting one have failed. So I bred another Hargon (Metalking acquired in mistyslime+whiteking swiped from a enemy trainer) I'm gonna breed it with a beast to get darkhorn. I have Dracolord2's egg now. I'm currently training the Orligon I'm gonna breed it with to get LordDraco. I still need to train the Dracolord2.

Just for kicks, I've decided to start playing through Dragon Warrior III for GBC again.

I chose as my characters:

Kate, Female Hero

Nora, Female Warrior

Tami, Female Cleric

Yoko, Female Thief

Current progress: Building up gold to get the best equipment from Aliahan

Hmm.... Garm. A few tips.

1: when doing projectile assault you have two choices:

a: (the easy way) just shoot him repeatedly, the catch is this way you'll end up with more acolytes to deal with.

b: (attempt to) spread out the damage across all parts of Garm. This reduces the rate at which body parts break off. (Note: it apparently doesn't change the amount of Exp. the acolytes appear to give you 0 Exp.)

2: When Acolytes die they release a skull. this travels straigt towards you and can be easily dodged unless you get knocked down by Garm right when they get released.

3: kill the acolytes quickly. Since they stand next to each other it's easy to nail both of them with the same Hyper attack. Using the L3 one can also hit Garm and kill both acolytes at the same time.

Thanks. :)

My strategy for all of the bosses was just block and strong attack until they're finished off, with the occasional special attack once the gauge was filled up so I'll probably stick to that for Garm as well. I don't know if I'll finish the game of this week or not. If it's not raining I really doubt it since my brother will be up here for the week; I graduate on Thursday, and am packing up and moving on Saturday.

I'll probably level up a few more times before I take on the battlefields anyway since extra HP is always a nice thing to have.

Started up Legend of Legaia again on Friday, and I just revived the Genesis Tree on top of the mountain in Ratayu, with Vahn and Noa at level 20, and Gala 19.

Thanks. :)

My strategy for all of the bosses was just block and strong attack until they're finished off, with the occasional special attack once the gauge was filled up so I'll probably stick to that for Garm as well. I don't know if I'll finish the game of this week or not. If it's not raining I really doubt it since my brother will be up here for the week; I graduate on Thursday, and am packing up and moving on Saturday.

I'll probably level up a few more times before I take on the battlefields anyway since extra HP is always a nice thing to have.

Ah... the battlefields are a great place for leveling. Hordes of Easily sniped enemies everywhere. As for Garm... I guess the best advice would be to save the special attacks for the Acolytes. They get really annoying if you don't kill them quickly.

Started up Legend of Legaia again on Friday, and I just revived the Genesis Tree on top of the mountain in Ratayu, with Vahn and Noa at level 20, and Gala 19.

Great game Legaia was Lost boss was pain in the ass

I havent went and Play Legaia 2 yet

I got BofFire 5 today and started and Died a few times get some better lvs and Money start with (Dont ask -_- its strange)

Radiata Stories I got a party set and Lving them up before going on

Mother 1 (Went by older fan names then the Earthbound names as some call cast of Mother 1 by)

Ninten Lv 23

Loid Lv 17

Ana Lv 12

I have 5 the Music Notes with 3 to go

Guest Plattym3

Still hacking through KH2. I'm about 32 hours into it. Back w/ Aladdin for a 2nd time. With all the cut scenes, I am getting so agrivated. Since I want to beat this game, I'm going to take out my aggrivation on KH1. I'm putting it on eBay this weekend along with KH2 if I can finish it by Saturday night. Oh well. Fun games, but I need to start builing up a stash for a DS and the Rocket Slime and FFIII, FFV, and FFVI.

;) Playing through Chrono Trigger again for like the 20th plus time again. This time on Emulator since my disk is messed up. Right now I just got Frog andI am at the Cathedral.

I changed my mind on Dragon Warrior III, decided to try my hand at a solo speed run. Sound tough? You bet it is! However, I have the advantage of maxed out stats and excellent equipment (thanks to some GameShark codes), so it's not as hard as it may seem.

Fast, Female Hero Lv. 99

Strength 255 Agility 255 Vitality 255 Intelligence 255 Luck 255

HP 999/999 MP 999/999

Equipment:

Rubiss Sword (unequipped)

Wreck Whip

Light Armor

Ortega Helmet

Hero Shield

Goddess Ring

;) Playing through Chrono Trigger again for like the 20th plus time again. This time on Emulator since my disk is messed up. Right now I just got Frog andI am at the Cathedral.

Sounds like geting all the endings XD

CT has to be one games I replay alot times (aside from Mana games)

I lv up more In Mother 1

BofF5 I got past 1st area

I started a game I found out about today (or should say yesterday its 3:52 am now -_-)

Consider the roots of REvil by Capcom is "Sweet Home" no joke thats what its called and theres nothing sweet about it.

With team of 5 chars you must get out the hunted House solo one char at time or group them up to 3 at time

and battle RPG Wise

Yes its REvil meets DQ and its really good I wasted most the day playing it got about 1/2 of it done

and Everone over lv 10

Look this game up sometime if your looking for something out there

Current status in DWM2:

Galen(Orligon(m))

L74

atk999

def997

agl744

int864

hp999

mp771

Bart (Baramos(m))

L99

atk730

def734

agl898

int823

hp748

mp999

NCana(darkhorn(f))

L56

atk537

def634

agl537

int647

hp558

mp477

I'm in a hurry so I'll skip the skills. And yes, my king squid is taking a break. In other news my kingsquid got to beat up 8 bards before it's vacation so it's Int and MP are about 800 now. :)

Current breeding projects:

Armorpion: I have an egg, but the project won't be considered complete until I have an Armorpion with the Gigaslash skill.

LordDraco: Dracolord2 is still an egg, but the Orligon(Galen) is coming along very nicely.

Mudou: Baramos(Bart) is ready to be bred, and the Darkhorn(NCana) is pretty close. so this one will be done soon.

Sidoh: Rosevine caught in wild, need Jamirus. Breed to get?

In other news, I ran into a boss in a magic key that was actually hard(other than those early ones with breath skills). An Azurile with two Whipbirds as lackeys. High attack points on each, Whipbirds have Thickfog, and Bazoo call(which does work after fog). what made it really bad is that the Azurile could resurrect the Whipbirds with their full 3000 or so hp when I KO'd them. Not good.... Eventuallt came up with the idea of pounding the heck out of Azurile with Melee only and ignoring it's minions. It eventually worked..... The sad part is the key... REDbird... Yes a red key. REALLY vivid way of illustrating the difference between a high level key and a high rarity.

Guest Plattym3

Got FFIV for the GBA in the mail today via Ebay! Man, I know I played this on the SNES back in the day, but I'm about 1:40 into it and I'm only getting a flash of recognition here and there.

Pushing to beat KH2 this weekend. Once I beat Pride Land twice (fogot to visit the first time), then I'm done with visiting the other worlds and can focus on Twilight Town and finishing off the game.

I got the Megaman 15th Anniversary collection on Monday and I've finished 1-3, and have finished 4 robots in Megaman 4.

Also playing Guild Wars again, my Factions W/Me is on level 12, and my Prophecies E/Me is on level 5.

I got D-Counter on my ass in BofF5 heading back to the Labs

Mudou Update: Bart+NCana=YoSam But my Mudou project won't be considered complete until YoSam defeats the quest boss of Sky world single handedly.

LordDraco Update: Dracolord 2 hatched.(Wrex) Orligon maxed(at 90) still leveling Dracolord2.

other updates: Esterk project Started. Why? Esterks Rule! Other than the AsuraZoma Boss, Esterks are the only monsters in my boss key that can put up a decent fight. that azurile was harder than AsuraZoma......

I just beat Kingdom Hearts II, it was so freakin' easy, even on Proud Mode!

12 hours ^_^

Mudou project Complete.

LordDraco now in egg.

Armorpion project.... needs Gigaslash, otherwise complete. A bigger Armorpion would be nice too.

The mirror match trio (my Armorpion, Deadnoble, and kingsquid VS Darck's Armorpion, Deadnoble, and Grakos)is complete.

Sidoh: materials acquired, still breeeding/raising

Esterk: materials acquired, still breeeding/raising

Note:I am currently working on an interesting project. I purposely left the free magic key that the rarekey man gives you in place. why? So that I can find out what happens if you pick up a magic key with a team of 3(LordDraco, Sidoh, and Esterk) ??? family monsters that are level 1. Afterwards they'll go and slap the taste out of Darck's mouth.

Guest Plattym3

12 hours ^_^

I also beat KH2 last night. I wasn't as "proud", just playing the standard mode (taking 41+ hours as well). My button-mashing skills aren't that of a teenager any longer. KH2 was a lot easier than KH1 though. In KH1, I had big problems beating Ursula, that phantom in the clock tower w/ Peter Pan, and a couple of other bosses. In KH2, the only place I "died" was when that idiot Organization XIII guy kept playing his guitar and only gave me 10 seconds to kill the water mosters he summoned. That was cheap, and I don't even consider that dying. I actually did also have to play the final seconds of the last boss over a second time too. It's right when he's almost out of HP and you just have to mash the triangle button to avoid getting blasted by hundreds of shots. I got my timing off the first time, but the second time I didn't get hit once.

Well, the KH franchise was nice, but I'm done with it. I'm putting KH1 & 2 on ebay today along with their strategy guides. Seeing as though I got KH1 for $10 and the guide for $2, I'll be making a profit on the first, and not losing probably more than $10 on the second!

Also, I'm 6:02 into FFIV, and I'm now pretty convinced that I never played this game for more than a couple of hours back in the SNES days. I clearly remembered the beginning of the game and the first couple of missions, but now it's all new to me. Darn shame that it's taken me this long to play it. It's pretty fun!

12 hours ^_^

I also beat KH2 last night. I wasn't as "proud", just playing the standard mode (taking 41+ hours as well). My button-mashing skills aren't that of a teenager any longer. KH2 was a lot easier than KH1 though. In KH1, I had big problems beating Ursula, that phantom in the clock tower w/ Peter Pan, and a couple of other bosses. In KH2, the only place I "died" was when that idiot Organization XIII guy kept playing his guitar and only gave me 10 seconds to kill the water mosters he summoned. That was cheap, and I don't even consider that dying. I actually did also have to play the final seconds of the last boss over a second time too. It's right when he's almost out of HP and you just have to mash the triangle button to avoid getting blasted by hundreds of shots. I got my timing off the first time, but the second time I didn't get hit once.

Well, the KH franchise was nice, but I'm done with it. I'm putting KH1 & 2 on ebay today along with their strategy guides. Seeing as though I got KH1 for $10 and the guide for $2, I'll be making a profit on the first, and not losing probably more than $10 on the second!

Also, I'm 6:02 into FFIV, and I'm now pretty convinced that I never played this game for more than a couple of hours back in the SNES days. I clearly remembered the beginning of the game and the first couple of missions, but now it's all new to me. Darn shame that it's taken me this long to play it. It's pretty fun!

At least am not only one that found KH2 easy >>

I still in joyed it but felt like something missing <<

And Shame never geting FF4 done but as I said in past FF4 holds a place in my heart too

I consider it one the Best FF games (on top 5)

I just hope the Port does the SNES game Justice

I playing Breath Of Fire 5, Started Shining Tears

Edited by Atticus

Still working on breeding Sidoh and Esterk.

Currently debating whether or not to finish leveling Durran and Divinegon or to just breed them now.

Currently:

Divinegon

L69

Atk925

def775

Agl672

Int846

HP894

MP687

Skills: Vacuum, Luredance, highjump, Bazoocall, Meditate, Multicut, Hellblast, Bigbang

Durran

L69

Atk787

def685

Agl676

Int682

HP932

MP660

Skills: Vacuum, warcry, rainslash, Twinhits, Bazoocall, Thickfog, Surge, Bigbang

One of them has a max level of 85, I'll probably breed for Pizzaro(aka Necrosaro) then.

Beat the Strangely Titled Sweet Home and got the Everone Sevived Ending

Seems be a Shame this game never come to the USA But I would really need a Name change XD

I got my hands on a Cute Pokemon clone like game called "Magic Pengel The Quest For Color"

You get to create your Monsters or what there called in game "Doodles"

It uses basic battle system that makes it where kids play (but I hear the end is really hard >>)

Its Coloerfull and Cute anime I played about 2 hrs so far got 2 Doodles made that stat wise are better then everthing I battled so far >>

And going on In Trauma Center

alrighty, I bred to get pizzaro. Now I'm leveling Pizzaro and my Jamirus up. Also I'm going to make an Egdracil and breed it with my Rosevine, Just to get a better Rosevine. Why Egdracil? Good stat growth, and it learns Revive. I'm gonna want somebody with that skill.

EDIT: Raising Egdracil.... I hate Gigantes... Why couldn't they have made this require a worthwhile monster like GigaDraco?

Edited by marhawkman

6 days without a single new post? wow...

Just got the ship on my 2nd run of DQ8, currently exploring around looking for monsters to add to my team (currently using Dumbking, Talos, and Goldman) and have finished rank C in the monster arena.

Hero 26

Yangus 26

Jessica 25

Angelo 25

I beat Feel the Magic

And I playing Tales Of Symphonia some today