Sign in to follow this  
Guest Plattym3

What are you currently playing?

Played a little more Suikoden V today, and finally got the awesomeness that is called "Georg Prime" as a permanent character!

No doubt. When i got Georg Prime permanent character he was constantly in my party. Definitely ONE of the major power houses in the game. :biggrin:

Played a little more Suikoden V today, and finally got the awesomeness that is called "Georg Prime" as a permanent character!

No doubt. When i got Georg Prime permanent character he was constantly in my party. Definitely ONE of the major power houses in the game. :biggrin:

Yes, Georg's stats are incredible! He has much more attack than anyone else, and his Technique, Evasion, and Speed are all rediculously high for a frontliner. Additionally, his awesome Luck stat and killer rune give him mega-crits all the time.

Well, my projects just got accelerated a bit. I managed to snag the materials a I needed for Orligon(Divinegon and GoldGolem). So my LordDraco Project just needs one more Divinegon and it's complete.(well except for the breeding and training parts) I might have the breeding materials for that Divinegon....

And now that I've added Orligon, Divinegon, and Goldgolem I have a total of 142 species recorded.

I got Phoenix Wright done

I sat down and looked over next game wanted to get to

and I pick Radiata Stories to be nexted foces

Seems Odd I just got SO3 done and alrady on tri-Ace again XD

Well, my projects just got accelerated a bit. I managed to snag the materials a I needed for Orligon(Divinegon and GoldGolem). So my LordDraco Project just needs one more Divinegon and it's complete.(well except for the breeding and training parts) I might have the breeding materials for that Divinegon....

And now that I've added Orligon, Divinegon, and Goldgolem I have a total of 142 species recorded.

Alrighty.... I now have all the monsters I need to finish my LordDraco Project. I still need a Darkhorn for the Mudou though. I'm pretty much down to stealing one or using sharking to "acquire" the head boss monster from one of my magic keys...... (Dark horns are way to fing hard to breed.)

BTW it's now up to 300 hours, and I have over 150 now.

Edited by marhawkman

I haven't gotten to that point yet. I play it in my free time, but I just recently got my castle. I'm only like 27 hours in. I can't wait till I do, he seems like ownage.

Possible Atelier Iris 2 spoilers! Read at own risk!!!

Well, I've been putting a lot of game time into Atelier Iris 2, recently. I must say, I think I like it better than the first one... I enjoy the "dual" scenario system (two lead characters in this game, they both help each other with their own expertise). The story-line is MILES better, in my opinion, to the original. The Alchemy system is still intact, with a few more improvements (like the ability of making weapons now... or atleast upgrading them). Being the prequel to the original Atelier Iris, a few things are cleared up (most notably, the Atelier Iris in the name of the game... in the first game you know her as a Goddess, in this one, she's an actual character you can interact with). This game is suppose to take place around 400 years before the first game. GUST (the actual developer of the Atelier Iris series) is currently in the process of making the third game in the series. :biggrin: I'm sure NIS America will be bringing that one over here as well.

Guest Plattym3

What's the "active battle system" like. Is it more FFX-2 or more FFX? In other words, does time stop to allow you to type in commands? I'm still on the fence about getting AI2. I'm still 25 hours into #1 and hoping to finish early June. Finishing up the school year (doesn't end until the end of May) is proving quite a busy time. Besides, I got caught up in too many TV shows, and now I'm watching more TV than playing games...

I'm at the Herb Grotto in DQ8. I broke down and took a look at an Alchemy FAQ on GameFAQs, Magic Item (1) + Magic Item (2) in a recipie is pretty vauge. :lol: I am playing some other games but they aren't RPGs, like Longest Journey and then I'm going to play the sequel Dreamfall after that.

I haven't gotten to that point yet. I play it in my free time, but I just recently got my castle. I'm only like 27 hours in. I can't wait till I do, he seems like ownage.

Other than his pathetic excuse for a magic defenese stat, Georg is incredible! He has the highest attack in the game (at least from the characters I got, I only recruited about 50-55 my first time through), and his speed, technique, and evasion stats are all extremely high for a frontliner, and just about every attack out of three is a critical!

Won at Real Time Conflict Shogun Empires (1st shity game on DS dont get it I beat it in like 40 mins :whoa:)

Went and got few hrs in Radiata Stories on 1st Quest with the Theater Vancoor

Going Lv up in Disgaea

EDIT: o I forgot tell I playing Mother 1 (EarthBound 0) With 3 out I feel its about time I get them done

Mother 2 I got near the end and well Lost all my date and never got back to it so I going work with 1 and 2 why waiting see news about 3

Edited by Atticus

Other than his pathetic excuse for a magic defenese stat, Georg is incredible! He has the highest attack in the game (at least from the characters I got, I only recruited about 50-55 my first time through), and his speed, technique, and evasion stats are all extremely high for a frontliner, and just about every attack out of three is a critical!

You can always put gear on that increases magic def. Kinda pricey, but I'd rather cary that someone than medicine.

What's the "active battle system" like. Is it more FFX-2 or more FFX? In other words, does time stop to allow you to type in commands? I'm still on the fence about getting AI2. I'm still 25 hours into #1 and hoping to finish early June. Finishing up the school year (doesn't end until the end of May) is proving quite a busy time. Besides, I got caught up in too many TV shows, and now I'm watching more TV than playing games...

Yeah, time stops to let you put in commands. The battle system this go around reminds me of a cross between Grandia and Final Fantasy. You have a bar in the top-left corner of the screen that displays your characters, and the enemies portraits. Whoever gets to the right side of the bar first, gets to go. It's all turn-base.

Edited by Kage

Been playing Gauntlet: Dark Legacy for the last few days. I'd rather be out doing stuff, but the weather's been pretty foul so I've fallen back on the PS2 to pass the time.

Right now I've collected all of the shards and defeated Skorm at the Altar, but I only have 8 or the 12 runestones so I can't follow him into the underworld yet.

I know where a 9th is, I just missed it in that level, but I have no clue where the other three are yet.

Been playing Gauntlet: Dark Legacy for the last few days. I'd rather be out doing stuff, but the weather's been pretty foul so I've fallen back on the PS2 to pass the time.

Right now I've collected all of the shards and defeated Skorm at the Altar, but I only have 8 or the 12 runestones so I can't follow him into the underworld yet.

I know where a 9th is, I just missed it in that level, but I have no clue where the other three are yet.

Oooh, Gauntlet! I haven't played Dark Legacy in awhile. I liked that one. I hear ya about the weather... it was extremely nice this last weekend (in the late-70s and early-80s), but since last Monday, it's been in the 50s, with heavy rain and some snow in the mornings. :( I love snow, but I hate rain... especially when it's day-after-day of it (like it has been for a few days).

Edited by Kage

Oooh, Gauntlet! I haven't played Dark Legacy in awhile. I liked that one. I hear ya about the weather... it was extremely nice this last weekend (in the late-70s and early-80s), but since last Monday, it's been in the 50s, with heavy rain and some snow in the mornings. :( I love snow, but I hate rain... especially when it's day-after-day of it (like it has been for a few days).

Dark Legacy not the worste thing to come around

Dont you get a thing on top you screen telling you if a Rune is near or not after he runs back to the underworld?

I seem to remaber that....>>

Edited by Atticus

Dark Legacy not the worste thing to come around

Dont you get a thing on top you screen telling you if a Rune is near or not after he runs back to the underworld?

I seem to remaber that....>>

The thermometer thingy? Yeah. BUT.... It's only a one time thing. So which runes do you lack? I've beaten the game in both versions so I should be able to tell you what you need to know.

Oh yes. DWM2...

Current Team

SqRex(Lv99)

Bart(Baramos, M)L49 484,501,522,622,500,797

Healall,whiteair,explodet,revive,quadhits,hellblast,chance,bigbang

DReon(Dracolord1,M)L49 528,440,471,641,500,582

firebolt, whiteair, warcry, curse, eerielite,focus,quadhits,meditate

Edited by marhawkman

I went and Started Inuyasha Secret of the Cursed Mask

And I must say it so feels like its riping Grandia off battle wise (With just the Time Line they still stand about in battle)

But I must say It seems like its going to be one of those sucky Anime games

I dont mind the 2D back grounds and such

2 things drag this down

1 Slow loading/Battles

2 Easy

I read up some Reviews most said Easy and Short

Up side is that char you create (More like pick sex and just name -_-)

Fits in to world ok (so far....)

Money and Over lving are easy to do and get

Thxs to some the Powers costing NOTHING

Kagome gets a Power heal one char that costs NOTHING

Moves that use SP is just like Grandia

Possible Atelier Iris 2 spoilers! Read at own risk!!!

Well, I've been putting a lot of game time into Atelier Iris 2, recently. I must say, I think I like it better than the first one... I enjoy the "dual" scenario system (two lead characters in this game, they both help each other with their own expertise). The story-line is MILES better, in my opinion, to the original. The Alchemy system is still intact, with a few more improvements (like the ability of making weapons now... or atleast upgrading them). Being the prequel to the original Atelier Iris, a few things are cleared up (most notably, the Atelier Iris in the name of the game... in the first game you know her as a Goddess, in this one, she's an actual character you can interact with). This game is suppose to take place around 400 years before the first game. GUST (the actual developer of the Atelier Iris series) is currently in the process of making the third game in the series. :biggrin: I'm sure NIS America will be bringing that one over here as well.

They had weapon synthesis in the first one as well, just most weapons couldn't be synthesized.

How is the character customization in it as compared to the first one? Like the skill system they had in AI was decent, just a lot of the skills were useless. So how is it in the second one, or is it even still there?

I've been thinking about getting AI:2 , but I'm really big on customizing my own characters, so I'm going to wait to find out a little more about it first.

The thermometer thingy? Yeah. BUT.... It's only a one time thing. So which runes do you lack? I've beaten the game in both versions so I should be able to tell you what you need to know.

I know I missed the runestone in the Maze of Illusion; I found the stone but I hadn't hit the switch to lower it so I'll have to replay that level. I don't remember which realms the other three I'm missing are in right now actually. I'll get them figured out, won't be playing much here for a few days cause I have one last paper to write and turn in before the end of the semester.

Oooh, Gauntlet! I haven't played Dark Legacy in awhile. I liked that one. I hear ya about the weather... it was extremely nice this last weekend (in the late-70s and early-80s), but since last Monday, it's been in the 50s, with heavy rain and some snow in the mornings. I love snow, but I hate rain... especially when it's day-after-day of it (like it has been for a few days).

That's how it's been here, up until yesterday it had rained and/or sleeted for 5 days in a row and been very windy and miserable in general. The weekend before it was sunny and in the 70s. It's cold and windy now, but it looks like the weather is going to clear up and get warm for this weekend. The plan is to try to knock out most of this paper today so I can enjoy the last weekend of my college career outside.

The end of the semester isn't until Friday, but I'll be done on Tuesday. My family is coming up for the week on vacation so I'm really hoping it's nice out so we can do some fishing. It'll probably be years before I get back up here again, so I want to make the most of my last week living here.

I know I missed the runestone in the Maze of Illusion; I found the stone but I hadn't hit the switch to lower it so I'll have to replay that level. I don't remember which realms the other three I'm missing are in right now actually. I'll get them figured out, won't be playing much here for a few days cause I have one last paper to write and turn in before the end of the semester.
Ahhh The Maze of Illusions.... More like "Maze of one-way doors".... That's your problem. You went through one of the things that rearranges the map without getting the Rune first. Obviously you cannot go back once you've screwed that up. What colors of Runes are you missing?

Yeah, "Maze of one way doors" would be a more appropriate name for the level. It's very annoying not being able to go back once you've hit a certain switch or gone past a point.

I picked up that one in the Maze of Illusion easily though since I knew exactly where it was, so that only leaves three to go. I also picked up enough of the talons to open up the lower tower, so once I get these last Runestones I'll be ready to finish off the game with my Warrior.

*UPDATE*

I got the remaining runestones, so now all I have to do is level up enough to beat Skorne again. I'm at level 77 right now and 8100hp just isn't enough to be able to get through the gates of the underworld and take out Skorne. I'm hoping that I'll be able to defeat him once I'm at level 82-85, judging from how much life he has left when I died trying to kill him.

Edited by zcm

Yeah, "Maze of one way doors" would be a more appropriate name for the level. It's very annoying not being able to go back once you've hit a certain switch or gone past a point.

I picked up that one in the Maze of Illusion easily though since I knew exactly where it was, so that only leaves three to go. I also picked up enough of the talons to open up the lower tower, so once I get these last Runestones I'll be ready to finish off the game with my Warrior.

*UPDATE*

I got the remaining runestones, so now all I have to do is level up enough to beat Skorne again. I'm at level 77 right now and 8100hp just isn't enough to be able to get through the gates of the underworld and take out Skorne. I'm hoping that I'll be able to defeat him once I'm at level 82-85, judging from how much life he has left when I died trying to kill him.

what sort of character are you? I didn't really have too much trouble as a Gorgon. (although I rule at sniping)

I got Gauntlet: Seven Sorrows for Christmas. I think I had Dark Legacy, I never finished it and sold it. I preferred Legends for N64, was the same basic plot with the runestones, and they reused a lot of the level names in Dark Legacy just with different maps. At least that was my impression. In Dragon Quest 8 I just received a piece of Orichalcum from Minnie, I think I'm going to blow caution to the wind and make a weapon with it, looks like there's more to find. :-)

I got Gauntlet: Seven Sorrows for Christmas. I think I had Dark Legacy, I never finished it and sold it. I preferred Legends for N64, was the same basic plot with the runestones, and they reused a lot of the level names in Dark Legacy just with different maps. At least that was my impression.
Actually they did more than just reusing the names :P The level designs are very similar. The main differences are the starting/ending points.