Sign in to follow this  
Guest Plattym3

What are you currently playing?

Lately I have been playing a lot of Romancing sagaon and off(one that got released for PS2 awhile back). The game has some really nice customizing to it, having lots of different weapon options for each character. The game seems to get kinda tough in some cases since monsters really like to cheat it seems, but for the most part it's fairly decent overall. Fair warning to anyone considering this game... alot of the game will almost seem like your just wandering around without any real purpose... or that's how it felt to me for awhile.

On another note, I've been looking at that Tales of Phantasia myself a bit, been thinking of looking to get another game for my GBA. How've you been liking it so far Shadownite?

Well, if either one of you guys have played the SNES version, then you'd feel right at home with the GBA version. It has a real time battle system just like the other Tales games, and you can bring up a menu in the middle of battle to use items, change ally AI, have them use a specific spell/skill on a certain enemy/ally, etc. which puts a pause to the action. Pressing the A button in battle will have your character attack, and holding down or up on the DPad will make a difference in the combo of swings/slashes/stabs that Cress will do. You can also assign special techniques to the B button and a corresponding DPad button, for a total of 4 skills, and you may also equip 2 shortcut skills that can be from other characters for the L and R buttons.

As far as the remake itsself goes, it's nearly completely identical to the SNES version, with a different (and better) translation, more detailed character models, and downgraded (unfortunately, but still decent) music. If you need a new game to play for your GBA/DS, Tales of Phantasia is a must have.

EDIT: Forgot to mention that the game has random encounters, but it doesn't matter all that much since half of the fun is the battle system anyways. :)

Edited by Shadownite

I've been playing a game called Romancing SaGa lately. It's a very unique game from Square-Enix. The game is completely non-linear and extremely addicting. I'm nearing hte end of the game right now with four Fatestones in my posession. The game is cool the way game time goes by. It goes by depending on how many battles you fight, so it actually pays off to avoid as many fights as you can.

It's an extremely fun game.

Just lving in Disgaea

Lately I have been playing a lot of Romancing sagaon and off(one that got released for PS2 awhile back). The game has some really nice customizing to it, having lots of different weapon options for each character. The game seems to get kinda tough in some cases since monsters really like to cheat it seems, but for the most part it's fairly decent overall. Fair warning to anyone considering this game... alot of the game will almost seem like your just wandering around without any real purpose... or that's how it felt to me for awhile.

On another note, I've been looking at that Tales of Phantasia myself a bit, been thinking of looking to get another game for my GBA. How've you been liking it so far Shadownite?

Thats how the Most the SaGa games been after get off the GameBoy (FFL1-3) and mostly why they dont sell well in USA but seems they keep selling them.

I my self like them (even tho some parts are ungodly hard)

I've been playing a game called Romancing SaGa lately. It's a very unique game from Square-Enix. The game is completely non-linear and extremely addicting. I'm nearing hte end of the game right now with four Fatestones in my posession. The game is cool the way game time goes by. It goes by depending on how many battles you fight, so it actually pays off to avoid as many fights as you can.

It's an extremely fun game.

I havent played the New one yet the time thing I dont think has been in any of SaGa game before (and if I remaber the New one is really a Remake of one the SNES ones >_>)

Yeah, the new Romancing Saga for PS2 is a remake of the one for SNES called Romancing saga,Minstrels song.

I've also been playing Dragon Warrior IV Renaiassance lately. I'm liking it so far, anyone who hasn't played it should check it out.

Yeah, the new Romancing Saga for PS2 is a remake of the one for SNES called Romancing saga,Minstrels song.

I've also been playing Dragon Warrior IV Renaiassance lately. I'm liking it so far, anyone who hasn't played it should check it out.

I have get it sometime I really didnt like last one with is Borad Game Staly

Hey Saul, out of curiosity, which character are you playing as? I'm playing as Albert, though if I do play through the game again, I definitely want to try Jamil or Claudia. I've been using Claudia in my team for a while now, and she kicks major ass. :)

I have put in close to 21 hours into the FFIV remake for the GBA. I have completed the game 3 times (in other words, fought Zeromus 3 times with all the characters so you can enter the bonus dungeon) and I'm about to tackle the bonus dungeon. I have acquired pretty much everything I can think of up to this point. I also got the 5 final weapons for: Yang, Porom, Palom, Cid and Edward (Edward actually takes damage now! :P). I've heard the bonus dungeon is quite a toughie, so I'm gonna take it easy for awhile. All my characters are around level 70-73.

Edited by Kage

Well, I have been playing Bite Fight recently.

Level: 6

Force: (21)

Defense: (17)

Dexterity: (12)

Endurance: (15)

Charisma: (10)

Experience: (158 / 180)

Health: (166 / 175)

Victims bitten (via link): 25

Entire booty: 7.787

Fights: 58

Victories: 35

Defeats: 23

Draws: 0

Gold captured: 993

Gold lost: 2.205

Damage caused: 2.264

Hitpoints lost: 1.831

I've been managing at 3 games, in Metroid Prime 2 I've gotten the dark and light beams and the 3 Dark Agon Temple keys. In DQ8 (which I'm going to play after this post) I'm at Port Prospect, going to level up around the town a little and then continue on. And I finished Zelda 1 Second Quest and I'm playing Link's Awakening DX and I finished the first dungeon and have three heart pieces and a shovel. :D

Am in Ep 10 of Disgaea Mid Boss moping my guys up so I lving again

The 2006 yugioh GBA game. Fun game. even though the AIs are "duel spirits". :P

Hey Saul, out of curiosity, which character are you playing as? I'm playing as Albert, though if I do play through the game again, I definitely want to try Jamil or Claudia. I've been using Claudia in my team for a while now, and she kicks major ass. :)

Right now I'm pretty much at the end it seems of Romancing saga. At 80 hours into it now, I'm just working on getting different classes and equipment for my group.

My game I started with Jamil, and my current team is now:

Jamil

Dowd

Aisha

Barbara

Diana

I wanted to get Claudia originally but by the time I had found her, I had just gotten Diana. Since the rest of my team had been with me for awhile I wanted to keep them, and I really liked Diana she's too cool to let go :P , so I'm sticking with my current group. But on my next playthrough I was considering playing Albert or Claudia, either way I'm going to try to make sure to get her in my group next time.

A little piece of advice for anyone playing it, the "Legendary" classes aren't really that great. They can be decent but there are other regular classes available with bonuses that can be a lot more useful.

Wow, Wild ARMs 3 is taking longer than expected! I'm VERY impressed! :)

Although the echolocation system is STILL very annoying. "Oh! I didn't talk to this one townsperson, so I can't sense the existence of this building. But after I talk to him and he says "There's a place to the southeast of here," I can suddenly sense it! *shoots a Bazooka of Rage*

Mammon's dead. The strategy I ended up using was pretty simple: Wind Cutter Lv3, Wind Cutter Lv3, Healing Potion, Wind Cutter Lv3, Wind Cutter Lv3, Healing Potion...until he was dead.

Went and got Metal Gear Solid 3 Subsistence and Tales Of Legendia

went and started MG1 some today

I've been balancing a few games this last while. I recently finished Zelda: Oracle of Ages and am now working on Oracle of Seasons. I'm also playing through Ocarina of Time again. And, I'm playing Estopolis Denki 2 (Lufia 2 in Japanese). That one's actually more addictive than I expected!

That one's actually more addictive than I expected!

I love Tia!! (And hey, go southern Ontario people - I didn't know you were from Waterloo!)

So I played some more Wild ARMs 3... and beat this ridicu-boss, Kraken, after 2 hours of battling as just Gallows (the others were hopelessly dead) going "Pressure"... "Pressure"... "Curing Spell" (I renamed my spells so I don't remember most of the originals)... so since he gained around 950000 EXP (his total at level 50 had been around 550000 to that point), he's now 13 levels ahead of my other people. I was not too impressed, but hey, at least it's not Virginia that's ahead!

I just got the last of the four statues too. I love figuring out things! I remembered hearing about the Item Seeker thingy... and yeah. I thought that I was clever. We'll see how the next area goes.

Guest Plattym3

About 26 hours into Grandia III. I'm just met the last of the Guardians and I'm trying to leave the seemingly Mayan ruins. Simple walking around seems to take a long time in this game.

Completed the bonus dungeon in Final Fantasy IV Advance, with all characters nearing the 80-82 level mark. The dungeon was somewhat challenging (I HATED Edge's trial!), and some of the bosses were mean (all were tougher than Zeromus, in my opinion), but overall, it was fun and it was cool getting some of those accessories and weapons for all the characters. :biggrin:

I recently started Tales of Phantasia for the GBA. Just over 15 minutes in the game, I just made my first save. I'll play some more of it tomorrow.

Wow, Wild ARMs 3 is taking longer than expected! I'm VERY impressed! ws-slimesmile.gif

Although the echolocation system is STILL very annoying. "Oh! I didn't talk to this one townsperson, so I can't sense the existence of this building. But after I talk to him and he says "There's a place to the southeast of here," I can suddenly sense it! *shoots a Bazooka of Rage*

Ha, you still got QUITE a ways to go. I will agree, the echolocation system made the game extremely linear and frustrating, more so too linear for me. It was a fairly good game, and definietely added on more to Filgaia's decay that started happening in Wild ARMs 2. If you really want to test all your sanity with Wild ARMs 3 make sure to do the block puzzles (I think there are 18 in all?) and... the Abyss, GAH!

Edited by Kage

I beat Romancing SaGa today. The final battle was quite diffuclt. It took me three tries in order to win, but I did win. The Moonstone was incredibly good for this fight.

I'm either going to play through the game again with another character or play another game :)

Guest Plattym3

I put 2 hours into FFII GBA last night. I'm up to the point where the princess got shot down in the airship by the dreadnaught (sp?). I'm spending a lot of time leveling up in the town where you can fight the captains (Fynn?). Question: how come at the same experience levels, using my hands does 2-3X the damage as any weapon I try equipping and leveling up?

In Grandia III, I just passed 30 hours and I'm in the middle of that castle in the sky. It's getting really long and really annoying. Thank goodness I'm playing it with an LCD projector on the living room wall next to the TV. Between yesterday and today I've played probably 8 hours while watching 6 DS9 episodes and 3 Law & Orders plus some History Channel thrown in for a good mix.

I'm actually playing this old GBC game called Magination, very original, I have about 30 minutes in that game, and I am also playing LoZ Link's Awekening trying to not die once to get the extra scene in the ending.

I'm actually playing this old GBC game called Magination, very original, I have about 30 minutes in that game, and I am also playing LoZ Link's Awekening trying to not die once to get the extra scene in the ending.

I didnt known there was Extra Scene in Links Awekening :o

I just heard about it

if you complete the game without dieing once, it shows a small clip in the credits of Marin being a seagull (if you remeber the part in the game where she said she would like to be a seaguull and fly beound the horizin (sp?) )

Edited by Razel