What are you currently playing?

Guest Plattym3

I just got Ys: The Ark of Napishtim.  It is really fun and difficult at times...

I recommend it... :thumbsup:  :thumbsup: Two Thumbs up

Yes, I need to pick that one up. May I suggest, after you complete that one. If you haven't played Ys III: Wanderers from Ys (pronounced "ease") (it was for the Genesis and SNES, I found the SNES the better version), find the ROM for it (easy find), it was a good game as well, that is, if you haven't played it already.

Edited by Thorr

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

DarkDragoon, how I envy you.

Why?? Is the game hard to find or something??

And no, i haven't played any of the other Ys games. I'll give Ys III a try and then perhaps Ys IV as there seems to be a translation for it...

Hmm, speaking of Ys IV, I need to play that one. I believe it's 90-99% translated, thanks for reminding me of that one, I might play that one before getting Ys VI: Ys: The Ark of Napishtim (Yep, it's the sixth one in the series).

DarkDragoon, how I envy you.

Why?? Is the game hard to find or something??

Well, not it's not hard to find, it's just that I can't afford to buy it. I remember YSIII for Sega, and when I saw the preview for Ark of Nepishtim, I freaked. I want to play, but just am unable to do so at present.

O just picked Up the 1st DWMonsters game ^_^

;) Right now I am playing Dragon Warrior Monsters 2: Cobi's Adventure and I think I have a pretty good team of monsters right now. Also I just recently beat the first Dragon Warrior monsters game.

Guest Plattym3
;) Right now I am playing Dragon Warrior Monsters 2: Cobi's Adventure and I think I have a pretty good team of monsters right now. Also I just recently beat the first Dragon Warrior monsters game.

Those DWM games are more fun than I thought they'd be. I was definately set against them for a year or so because they weren't "true" DW/DQ games. I got the both for Christmas of '03 and as you can see by my signature, they we beat pretty soon afterward. I really enjoyed them. They were very much like regular DW/DQ games, incorporating many of the aspects of those games. More DW/DQ fans should give them a try.

Those DWM games are more fun than I thought they'd be. I was definately set against them for a year or so because they weren't "true" DW/DQ games. I got the both for Christmas of '03 and as you can see by my signature, they we beat pretty soon afterward. I really enjoyed them. They were very much like regular DW/DQ games, incorporating many of the aspects of those games. More DW/DQ fans should give them a try.

:P Lol thats what I said before I got DWM2

Alright, this week I'm sticking to Metal Gear Solid 2. I already finished my half-finished "hard" game, and started Extreme difficulty. I'm going for no kills on this (something I didn't bother with on my Normal and Hard difficulty games), and to get as many Dog Tags as I can. I think I can beat it before the week's out, as I'm diffusing the small semtax bombs right now. I'll probably get stuck for a bit when facing 20 Metal Gear RAYs (I did on hard, and there were only 10!), and when facing Solidus (again, I did on hard). Considering how tough Olga was on Extreme, this should be pretty tough and fun!

I got MGS 1 Drives me up the wall O_o

PS: O and I got I-Ninja fun and strang at the same time :P

Edited by Mage Of Japan

Really? Well, I might have to give the DWM games a try then. Just like what you said Platty, I haven't played them either, because, I feel that they are not "true" DW/DQ games (stupid of me, I know). Well, I might have to go see if I can find them on-line and order them :). Your last post was quite re-assuring.

Got GunGrave Overdose yesterday. (Dont I just ever stop buy :) )

Read an FAQ on Phantom Brave before you get too far in it, or you'll want to restart after realizing how wrong you've been playing it... yeah, I've done it. In fact, I'm starting again next week, but then I haven't played it in about a month since I let my friend borrow it.

Guest Plattym3

OK, I'm about 4 hours into Star Ocean 3, and I'm not really enjoying it. I think the camera angle is one thing that is bugging me. I find myself navigating through dungeons based on that little radar map at the bottom right corner and not even looking where I'm going on the big screen because the view is so narrow. Also, the battles aren't that fun yet. I'm really pissed at the holding down buttons to work my battle skills and I don't even know yet how to cook or compound & stuff. Star Ocean 2 was a stretch for me to play being a real turn-based RPG fan. I don't know if I'll get through 3.

I've always liked turn-based rpgs, but SO3 was an easy transition. I was used to the battles by my second battle.

The item creation was a bit more difficult, so i decided to buy the strategy guide for that...

Too be honest though, even after just maybe 3 months after plying it i can barely remember anything from it...

Guest Plattym3

Got the strategy guide in the mail on Tuesday and have been pouring over it. I got it for $1.99 on half.com because of some rip in the cover. Looks mint to me! Oh well, I'm not dying in the battles, but not really doing much but running around and smashing buttons. I feel no strategy yet.

I think the main thing to do in battles is to try and chain your combos. Like say you have side-kick in both short range slots. Just get close to an enemy then hold down square and as your sidekicking press and hold the other one. Keep doing that until you run out of energy...

You can chain any combo, but i found dual sidekicks to be the simpliest one to pull off. At the end i was just chaining Ethereal Blasts...

Guest Plattym3

Thanks DD, I'll try that. I really should read the instruction manual about battles. Usually I just start a game, give myself a few hours and then read the manual, so by then I know what they're talking about. If I read the instructions first, I have no point of reference for what they're talking about.

Currently I've been playing FFI on Dawn of Souls (I would be done but I accidentally deleted my save file...) and DWIII for GBC, I'm trying to beat it with a Solo hero. I just beat Kandar yesterday, so it will probably be a while before I beat it...

Got the strategy guide in the mail on Tuesday and have been pouring over it. I got it for $1.99 on half.com because of some rip in the cover. Looks mint to me! Oh well, I'm not dying in the battles, but not really doing much but running around and smashing buttons. I feel no strategy yet.

Like you Platty, I felt the same way about the strategy in the game, till I hit the second disc... to put it frank the difficulty goes up QUITE a bit, and from that I had to start timing attacks, spells, (had to start switching between a few party members so I can get people healed, as they were taking to long to do it. Some battles I would just stay on another character and let Fayt do his own thing).

I feel the true challenge comes from Sphere 211 (you'll know more about that later on), and the multiple bonus dungeons. Strategy, and in some cases skill, have to be applied to defeat some of those bosses. I replayed SO3 again, not to long ago, and I must say I miss several things/componets from SO2.

Got the strategy guide in the mail on Tuesday and have been pouring over it.  I got it for $1.99 on half.com because of some rip in the cover.  Looks mint to me!  Oh well, I'm not dying in the battles, but not really doing much but running around and smashing buttons.  I feel no strategy yet.

Like you Platty, I felt the same way about the strategy in the game, till I hit the second disc... to put it frank the difficulty goes up QUITE a bit, and from that I had to start timing attacks, spells, (had to start switching between a few party members so I can get people healed, as they were taking to long to do it. Some battles I would just stay on another character and let Fayt do his own thing).

I feel the true challenge comes from Sphere 211 (you'll know more about that later on), and the multiple bonus dungeons. Strategy, and in some cases skill, have to be applied to defeat some of those bosses. I replayed SO3 again, not to long ago, and I must say I miss several things/componets from SO2.

You're right, the jump in difficulty is big when you start the 2nd disc. I got into a battle and i died in what seemed like 2 seconds...

Guest Plattym3

Well, I'm plugging along. Any suggestions for what early-level (level 11 on down) skills I should be focusing on building up now?