Sign in to follow this  
Guest Plattym3

What are you currently playing?

I went through my games collection this year, I threw out some. Like a real old collection of the SSI goldbox games. If I haven't gotten to them in 10 years or maybe longer I'm not going to. It was the Pool of Radience series, the Krynn series, and the two Savage Frontier ones. I could never stand all the mapping in them for one, not good at that. Plus having to keep looking up things in the Adventurer's Journals, it would of been one thing if they included the actual journals, but they're of course on the CD. So I either'd have to task switch all the time to look up something each time an entry came up like "Entry 2" or print them all out on 1000 sheets of paper. I'm sorry if anyone here would of wanted it, but it's so old I thought anyone who wanted the games already had them by now.

But there's also some SSI games I kept, like Ravenloft: Strahd's Posession and Eye of the Beholder 3, maybe I'll play them eventually. They're newer and have automapping, and no journals. :-) I also have an old Sierra RPG, Betrayl in Antara. I heard the Krondor one was good but don't have it. I think I got to the end of the first chapter one time. I thought the magic system and researching spells was complicated, I know there's an auto function but it still seemed confusing.

But I'm still playing FF4 Advance right now, just had Edge join and think I'll level him up as the guide suggests because he only has 700 some HP.

Edited by SeanW30

Won at Cold Fear

A RE4 clone it is not

a good game strat with for Newbs in the Horror ya but not a clone in anyway

And ending wasnt even as long as 1 min >_>

For Horror fans or hard core fans get in the cheep or rent it only to wait for next RE or SH game.

Sorry to dup post

I got a few new games (like thats a sprise)

Dino Stalker

TransFormers

Okage Shadow King (been need pick this one up)

If ya havent seen my DQ5 topic I want and started a game and saved Reinhart and moveing on to the Dock.

Yay I just got my first Pink Tail in FFIV Advance. And I actually earned it by not saving and loading over and over. So even if I only get one Adamant Armor, at least I earned it on my own. Plus I think having 10 suits would make the game too easy. And I've been getting a lot of Gil/XP killing Flan Princesses/Pink Puffs.

Yay I just got my first Pink Tail in FFIV Advance. And I actually earned it by not saving and loading over and over. So even if I only get one Adamant Armor, at least I earned it on my own. Plus I think having 10 suits would make the game too easy. And I've been getting a lot of Gil/XP killing Flan Princesses/Pink Puffs.

If they didnt fix the Clone Bug when porting it you could do the clone thing :P

Anyway I didnt play much of DQ5 today I started Okage Shadow King and its just strange in a good way :P

Art staly is funny and nice think Tim Burton art mixed with anime and you get a idea of how alot the cast looks like.

Tho the battle system is nothing new the story is vary diffent

They did fix the clone bug. And I only think you could clone stuff you could equip in your hands, I could be wrong. And I just opened five doors in the lunar ruins, five more to go. I'm going to fight Zeromus two more times, I think you technically could do it with in 2 fights but I want to have "balanced" parties of fighters, black mages, and white mages. :-)

Edited by SeanW30

I just started playing DW2 today.

Party Members: Ryan LV3

Towns/Castles Visited: Lorasia, Leftwyne

Towns/Castles Got Best Equipment From: Lorasia

I finally finished all the character trials in the Lunar Ruins and now I just have to pick who I want in my final party, go down 50 floors, and beat the final boss. Then I'll move on to FF6. I might play DQ8 after that, in between the Nintendo and Playstation Final Fantasies.

I've gotten most of everyone's ultimate equipment, I'm only missing a few pieces. They're in chests on ruins floors that are random, and a shield drops off a monster on some floor I don't think I've been to yet. So I don't feel like going out of my way to look for every little thing, I want to finish this finally after all the work that took me hours to do. :-)

;) Still playing Dragon Quest VIII and Final Fantasy II. In Dragon Quest VIII I am currently searching for Wimpy aka Prince Charmles and in Final Fantasy II I have destroyed the Dreadnaught and I just arrived in Deist Kingdom after about 18 hours of training and beefing up of the party. If anyone wants me to I can post the stats of my party if you like.

I don't think I can handle two RPGs at once. I think I'll play DQ8 after I finish FF6. I was going to use a patch I posted about in the other thread to change all the spell names to more traditional FF ones, but it also changed some of the char names like Kefka to Cefca, and it removed the Offering relic. I could of lived with the char name changes, not without my Offering though. As I recall that was good for the Arena. :-)

So instead, I used an FF3 Editor to change a lot of the spell names. I tried doing the items, but when I selected Auto Arrange from the item menu, it would wipe the items. I think it probably was trying to arrange them by their old item names. So I decided to stick with just the spells. Made an IPS if anyone wants it. :-)

You know this seems like my worst game of FF6 ever. That Rizopas boss at Baren falls just wiped out Cyan and Sabin with El Nino. Luckily I had it saved right outside, but still. Seems to be a high death toll so far. Not giving up though.

Edited by SeanW30

Status update on DW2:

Party Members: Ryan LV7, Eric LV1

Towns/Castles Visited: Lorasia, Leftwyne, Cannock

Got Best Equipment From: Lorasia, Leftwyne, Cannock (Ryan); Lorasia (Eric)

I don't think I can handle two RPGs at once. I think I'll play DQ8 after I finish FF6. I was going to use a patch I posted about in the other thread to change all the spell names to more traditional FF ones, but it also changed some of the char names like Kefka to Cefca, and it removed the Offering relic. I could of lived with the char name changes, not without my Offering though. As I recall that was good for the Arena. :-)

So instead, I used an FF3 Editor to change a lot of the spell names. I tried doing the items, but when I selected Auto Arrange from the item menu, it would wipe the items. I think it probably was trying to arrange them by their old item names. So I decided to stick with just the spells. Made an IPS if anyone wants it. :-)

You know this seems like my worst game of FF6 ever. That Rizopas boss at Baren falls just wiped out Cyan and Sabin with El Nino. Luckily I had it saved right outside, but still. Seems to be a high death toll so far. Not giving up though.

2 are to much add about 30 more +non RPGs and you got my whats been siting around my room.

Anyway I going go on with DQ5 tomorw

I also went up to the ripoff store near were I work (They Over price $#!& like hell)

I only get rare stuff or if I think is ok price

Ranma 1/2 Hard Battle (sprised me I didnt think USA got any Anime Based games for SNES >_>)

Vampire Hunter D

And Otogi Myth Of Demons by Sega (and being that Sega games were about only games I loved on Xbox fig it be good)

I'm playing Star Ocean: The Second Story. It's very good so far. I'm working on heading to the Lacour Continent, then I can get to the El continent. It's a great game.

I'm playing Star Ocean: The Second Story. It's very good so far. I'm working on heading to the Lacour Continent, then I can get to the El continent. It's a great game.

No doubt about that! It's my favorite Star Ocean game to date. Loved everything about it (minus the voice-overs, kind of grated on my nerves after awhile).

Easy way to do Sabin's blitzes in ZSNES, key combination macros. You use the Press+Rel section for Press and Release. Also you need to add a 2 second frame delay between each one or it tries to execute them all at once. And for diagonals you add two arrows without a frame delay, for diagonal down/left you click the down arrow then the left arrow. I made ones for all the blitzes using the Numpad cooresponding to the blitz level, I press 1 for Pummel, 8 for Bum Rush... :)

Training in Okage Shadow King and play DQ5 and I be going out GXC today like I do all time (but I mostlikele wont get anything as I have pay off my Dad's PS2 I got him)

Started a second playthrough of RE4, and breezing through the game with the Chicago Typewriter. Currently at the start of Chapter 5-2 with my time just a bit over 5 hours.

I'm at the Floating Continet in FF6. I barely survived the Gigantos Monster-In-A-Box with just Terra and Celes standing. I should of read about him in my guide, it recommeneds casting vanish on your characters and using Cyan's Quadra Slam (who's the third in my party along with Shadow). Reminds me of using Blink on Behemoths in FF4... A lot of similar strategies in Final Fantasy.

Well I went and went on with my DQ2 game

Hero Lv 27

Drew Lv 26

Lynn Lv 21

Edit: I now got 4 now and going for the Life Crest

Edited by Atticus

I started playing Defender(PS2) today. I'm on Titan, and I have to protect a bridge so that the transports cross the bridge alive.

I can't wait to play .hack//G.U.. Surrounding myself with G.U. media isn't enough! I must have this game! :P

I can't wait to play .hack//G.U.. Surrounding myself with G.U. media isn't enough! I must have this game! :P

Crap more .hack games I havent even got the part 4 done yet :bored:

Edit: Got Life Crest went and seen Rubiss for the Charm in DQ2 and going spend car ride today looking about the cave for stuff and lving up :P

Edited by Atticus

Finished my second run of RE4, and am now having lapses because I can't play WoW, due to the fact that manually installing patches that I got from a friend won't work. >_<

I in Cave Of Rhone and stole all That was usefull out the cave (of couse thundersword).

And moveing my way out to the "Other Side"

I just finished the Phoenix Cave in FF6 and added Locke to my ever growing party. Now I just need Shadow, Mog, Umaro, and Gogo, in that order, do a couple of optional areas like the underground castle and the Tower of Fanatics, and then the endgame. 14 different party members, I think this game had the most out of any FF. It's a lot of people to manage, I have to level them, learn spells...

I "dispelled the curse on the shield". I fought on the starting island in the World of Ruin for 255 battles with the Cursed Shield on Mog and a Ribbon and got a Paladin Shield for the first time ever. That was the boringest few hours, yawn... Taking a break now. :-)

AND it teaches Ultima, so I could of turned Ragnarock into a sword and still learnt the spell. Would of been nice to know that before I kept it the shard lol. At least I can convert items with it, let me look at the beastiary to see if there's any good ones. I have the guide for the PSX version, pretty much the same as the original FF3 for SNES I'm playing.

Edited by SeanW30