What are you currently playing?

Guest Plattym3

;) Currently I am not playing anything, I kinda ran out of games to play so I'm gonna wait until Christmas day when I'll finally get to play my copy of Dragon Quest VIII.
  • Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Plattym3
;) Currently I am not playing anything, I kinda ran out of games to play so I'm gonna wait until Christmas day when I'll finally get to play my copy of Dragon Quest VIII.

I could have sworn you'd already been playing DQVIII Slimey! Oh well, guess not.

I'm done with DQVIII for now. Just beat the bonus guy 1 time for a helm and got my butt kicked about 5 more times without dealing so much as 1,000 damage. I beat the game again for the bonus ending and kinda liked how only a few little scenes were changed, but the ending was totally different! Great game. I'm going to pass it on to my sister for a few months. I don't yet know what to play next. I have 4 hours til my wife comes home tonight and all day tomorrow to get into a new game, but I just don't know what to do. I know my sister has a few games for me on Christmas (FFI&II GBA, Harvest Moon(s) for PS2, ????) and they're more interesting than my games on hiatus (see list). Maybe I'll work on Phantasy Star 3. That one at least interests me mildly.

samething as Plattym3 said fig ya got your hands on it SMaster to bad you dont live near me I got 2 more copys for 2 for gifts and may end up get more :goofyslime: .

Anyway Todays buys

Maken X by Atlus and of couse had get it if Atlus did it :cool:

RE4 Was great and everone called this a clone so I picked up "Cold Fear" and few other games cheep

Kengo Master of Bushido

LofR The Third Age

To add Cold Fear has one downer that I found out real fast, items WTF you can't pike up mid kits you can only use them when you find them and if you cant you have leave it >_<.

I made it to the dwarf camp in Dark Alliance. Finally a merchant! I had to leave a lot of stuff behind on the end part of the Wind's Walk or whatever it is - I'm a packrat, love to get everything and sell it - and when I went back most of it had poofed away I think. I'm pretty happy with the Flaming Sword I got for killing Lord Xantar, so I spent practically all my money on a full set of chain armor. Then I spent the little rest I had on healing potions.

Armor's heavy, might take another level of that feat that increases weight capacity again next level. I have at least one rank in mostly all the skils now, except the mana ones and some of the higher ones and a couple others maybe. Fun game so far. Oh and I'm the dwarf fighter, there's fighter, archer, and magic user, just like Diablo. But I like Diablo so. :-)

Guest Plattym3

Well I got back into Phantasy Star 3 last night and made a bit of progress. I'm in the last generation and just figured out how to turn Wren into a submarine. Onward....

I finished Dark Alliance on Christmas Eve. That was NOT an ending I was expecting, "We're Sorry, Insert $50 and buy the sequel to continue". :-) Right now I decided to start an FF marathon with 1, I was going to start with 4 but I figured I might as at least play the one that started it all. I'm playing the Final Fantasy Origins version for PSX, with Easy difficulty. I've played normal like 20 times, this is still a challenge but a nice change since I don't want to spend a month on it lol.

I finished Dark Alliance on Christmas Eve. That was NOT an ending I was expecting, "We're Sorry, Insert $50 and buy the sequel to continue". :-) Right now I decided to start an FF marathon with 1, I was going to start with 4 but I figured I might as at least play the one that started it all. I'm playing the Final Fantasy Origins version for PSX, with Easy difficulty. I've played normal like 20 times, this is still a challenge but a nice change since I don't want to spend a month on it lol.

Part 2 is a drag as you cant inport your old chars like CofN and its just more hacking.

But Does have new jobs

Played some LofR The Third Age

but staying with Grandia 1.

Guest Plattym3

How do you like LOTR: 3rd Age? I enjoyed it for what it was: basically a FFX game that involved LOTR-type characters. I beat it in about 24 hours (game time) and sold it on Ebay the next week. Fun game though. Loved how each weapon and armor changed the appearance of the character. Too bad other RPGs don't allow that.

How do you like LOTR: 3rd Age? I enjoyed it for what it was: basically a FFX game that involved LOTR-type characters. I beat it in about 24 hours (game time) and sold it on Ebay the next week. Fun game though. Loved how each weapon and armor changed the appearance of the character. Too bad other RPGs don't allow that.

Has its ups and downs

the W&Armor changeing was nice

I didnt find the story bad as most said

and Nice change from all the other anime like RPGs (not that bad :P)

but I think haveing no towns (or just someone sell stuff to the party) and money takes some the RPGness out the game.

And I found it easy to lv Just found Girl with the 2 axes and everone eles is Over Lv 50

I have say game felt like they just picked the Hacking from there other games and put RPG Turn base thing in.

But I give in a Ever score not bad.

Guest Plattym3

Yeah, it seems hastily put together, but it does have many excellent traits: the changing of the way your character looked, the non-traditional anime look, ... I had forgotten about the NO MONEY thing. That was stupid. Money & towns are part of what all great RPGs have in common. I'd give LOTR:3rd Age 7/10 rating with a recommendation for everyone to give it a try. You'll beat it in 2 weeks, but have fun trying.

I just got the airship in FF1 and have 300k for shopping! I think I'll get that fairy first before I forget. :-) And I've decided not to play all the Final Fantasies, just 1, 4, and then 6 through X-2.

Edited by SeanW30
Guest Plattym3

I'm a couple of hours ahead of you Sean. Got the airship, changed classes, got a lot of spells, went in the waterfall, and I'm going to put in another couple hours today while watching American Pie: Band Camp.

Last few days my Computers been on 24/7 why? Lv up my Char is Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow make up for my lost 3 games from the Battre being dead.

Thxs to SeanW30 giveing me a copy Rom I no fear of loseing my game now :P

Anyway just lefted my VBA on puting atak butten on Tobo and Left Soma ataking Zombies for few days.

He is lv 36 now and I started my Game from there :goofyslime:

Just got Skeleton Blaze Ability (Slide).

Edit: And won now best ending NOW I can move on :P

and I like thx Sean :P

Edited by Atticus

Got Tales of Symphonia and the REmake for my new GameCube yesterday, and I 'm loving the crap out of both of them.

In the REmake, I'm currently in the Soldier's area, about to go and take on Plant 42 with Chris.

Tales of Symphonia, I'm about 7 hours in, with everyone level 18-19, just finished the second human ranch, and killed the impostor of Dorr's daughter.

;) Currently I am playing through Dragon Quest VIII and am currently at Peraguin Quay. Also I too am playing FF: Dawn of Souls but unlike Platty and Sean, I'm actually playing through FFII and I am at Salamand at this point. I figure I'd spend a little time beefing up my party a little before moving on.

I have yet to start DQ8, I'll get to it, in between FFs... :-) I just got the Earth Crystal in FF4 - wait did I actually TAKE the crystal, I assume I did lol.... I just spent like maybe an hour levelling up in the Magnetic Cave to the recommend levels for the Tower of Zot in my PSX guide. I heard this one's easier but it does get tougher so the levels will help on the moon if nothing else. Cecil's 30 now, think he was about 25 when I beat the Dark Elf.

I also made a lot of gil, which I used to buy Cecil and Cid Mythril equipment in Mythril town (formerly Silvera in FF2 SNES). And I sold Cecil's Ancient sword (it just sometimes curses monsters), and the Mythril staff and knife so that helped get some money back.

;) Still playing Dragon Quest VIII and from Trode the Gold Digger here's me progress.

Time Spent Adventuring: 15:48

Distance Traveled: 71.5 miles

Monsters Defeated: 1022

Monsters Intimidated: 24

Times Fled: 3

Times Fallen: 1

Maximum Damage: 388 with Super High Tension Yangus on a Jargon.

Right now I am at the Ruined Abbey and yes you read it correctly, I unlocked the Super High Tension while I was at Peregrin Quay. Aren't I something else? :P

;) Still playing Dragon Quest VIII and from Trode the Gold Digger here's me progress.

Time Spent Adventuring: 15:48

Distance Traveled: 71.5 miles

Monsters Defeated: 1022

Monsters Intimidated: 24

Times Fled: 3

Times Fallen: 1

Maximum Damage: 388 with Super High Tension Yangus on a Jargon.

Right now I am at the Ruined Abbey and yes you read it correctly, I unlocked the Super High Tension while I was at Peregrin Quay. Aren't I something else? :P

I unlocked it at Peregrin Quay as well. :)

Finished the REmake with Chris, and I just got the Assault Shotgun with Jill.

Got the Chicago Typewriter in RE4.

Power levelled for another 2 hours in Tales of Symphonia, everyone now in the lower 20's.

For some resson need some fear some I picked up my Cold Fear game and been runing around look for stupid Laptop >_<