What are you currently playing?

Guest Plattym3

;) I am currently playing Seiken Densetsu III and I have about three and a half hours on it.
  • Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

;) I am currently playing Seiken Densetsu III and I have about three and a half hours on it.

What party did ya end up makeing? Did that FAQ I sent ya help.

None, at the moment. It seems like School demands ALL my attention at this moment in time (and work, of course). It sucks. I'll heed the warning right now (even though the majority probably won't be going for this type of education/occupation of a Network Engineer, Network Administrator, Network Architect among other numerous names in the field of Networking), don't take half-semester courses of Cisco... Ugh! My life is such basket case at the moment...

Good thing, I get Thanksgiving Break for DQVIII. It will be the only time I can play it. :cry:

I'm playing through Sword of Mana again, randomly. And I'm still getting more powerful on Xenosaga 2... not sure why for both of them. But yes, Thorr hits the nail right on... school is a time-consuming entity.

And, I'm hoping that SMs party was Lise, Angela, and Carlie (it is, after all, the ultimate party :P hahah that's right Thorr!)... but I'll beeeet he replaced Lise with Duran.

I'm playing through Sword of Mana again, randomly. And I'm still getting more powerful on Xenosaga 2... not sure why for both of them. But yes, Thorr hits the nail right on... school is a time-consuming entity.

And, I'm hoping that SMs party was Lise, Angela, and Carlie (it is, after all, the ultimate party :P hahah that's right Thorr!)... but I'll beeeet he replaced Lise with Duran.

I never found Lise usefull (I think I just keep messing up her stats) But I do love her story. Duran can make some kick as powers in the game but his story was nothing diffent from lots of other games.

anyway....

I Just got to Char 6 of Vandal Hearts (Last char by the way) there should only be about 5 more battles or so.

As I tried to find some hope in "Musashi Samurai Legend" but yet and from the point I in am not going to.

I in Char 5 of it theres only 6 so I may as well get it out the way so here.

So I going see about geting Vandal Hearts done then I mostlikele go back to SaGa 1.

None, at the moment. It seems like School demands ALL my attention at this moment in time (and work, of course). It sucks. I'll heed the warning right now (even though the majority probably won't be going for this type of education/occupation of a Network Engineer, Network Administrator, Network Architect among other numerous names in the field of Networking), don't take half-semester courses of Cisco... Ugh! My life is such basket case at the moment...

Good thing, I get Thanksgiving Break for DQVIII. It will be the only time I can play it. :cry:

I know what you mean. It's hell to remember that stuff.

Anyways, I've been grinding the DQ8 demo for metal slimes in battle mode, and I've beaten story mode twice. Grandia Xtreme, I'm only on the 25th floor of the bonus dungeon. (Haven't played it in 3-4 days.)

I just started playing Star Ocean 3.... It's not exactly thrilling.

If I wanted to watch a movie, i'd whip out LOTR.

Lol, then stay away from Xenosaga, it's 2x as worst as Star Ocean 3, maybe 3x as bad... Star Ocean gets better though. The beginning is slower than malasses (really...). I thought it was good, but it doesn't hold up to Star Ocean 2, in my opinion.

I agree that Star Ocean 3 does start off boring, but it picks up very quickly and becomes a fantastic game, one of my all-time favorites :D

I picked up Suikoden 3 today, since I love the first one, but I'm dissapointed. I literally fell asleep during a battle! This does not bode well >_>

Isn't it a lot more rewarding though to be able to relax with a game as good as DQVIII after a long, hard series of work? I've been going through tough periods of work and grad school projects myself lately. Some weeks I'm working almost all day, but there are those nice weeks in between heavy work loads where I can just relax and that is the best time to play videogames. ;)

Isn't it a lot more rewarding though to be able to relax with a game as good as DQVIII after a long, hard series of work? I've been going through tough periods of work and grad school projects myself lately. Some weeks I'm working almost all day, but there are those nice weeks in between heavy work loads where I can just relax and that is the best time to play videogames. ;)

Yeah, I definitely agree! I'll be praising the days as they tick off, making DQVIII's release all the more closer. Not to mention when Thanksgiving break finally arrives. I'm REALLY looking forward too it! I might just call in sick at work for a few days, for some R n R.

I agree that Star Ocean 3 does start off boring, but it picks up very quickly and becomes a fantastic game, one of my all-time favorites :D

I picked up Suikoden 3 today, since I love the first one, but I'm dissapointed. I literally fell asleep during a battle! This does not bode well >_>

They screwed up with the battle-system in Suikoden III... The Story was pretty good (doesn't equal Suikoden or Suikoden II's story, in my eyes, though). Suikoden IV they brought back the original battle system, but the story was meh.

EDIT: Thats cool! I originally hit reply to Askman's response, and by the time I hit the final button to post it, I realized I just made a double-post, yet it just put it in my last post, as it is now, haha. Thats pretty cool. Gots to be new with the forum upgrade. My original post just consisted of rpgking's.

Edited by Thorr

A good # of gamers commented on Xenosaga being more of a Movie (Anime Movie) then a game why after the 1st area your get nice 1/2 hr cut sene.

Anyway I have to say I agree with SO3 I stop play for the time but it does get better. (I do need get back to it)

As for Suikoden 3 I fellt that the music was one things that made it go down with the fact the creater did not work on 3 or 4 and from what I hear nothing with 5. I loved 1 & 2 music made me feel I was then when evil killed someone and I wanted to stab them or cry in sad senes, 3 gave me no feeling of that.

And won at Vandal Hearts so I leave a Quote "It really is you!"

I wanted to ask something too has anyone here played VHearts II? Does the old cast pop in the game at times or anything?

Edited by Atticus

For strange reasson I picked up my Doom 3 game and just entered hell SHill got nothing on this.

And my flash Light was taken away (when Entering hell you lose everthing you had) I found Shotgun and Chainsaw for the time.

;) Get out of my head Leon :P Yes I did end up picking Duran, Angela and Carlie for my party. So far it's worked out pretty good and I managed to kick some boss booty as well. I'm about 7 hours into the game and currently building up levels a little before moving on.
;) Get out of my head Leon :P Yes I did end up picking Duran, Angela and Carlie for my party. So far it's worked out pretty good and I managed to kick some boss booty as well. I'm about 7 hours into the game and currently building up levels a little before moving on.

Got ideas of the class your going do? (Its just so much fun with class) I love most Duran's class.

Lately, I've been playing The Legend of Zelda for the NES. I beat the game today (yay me!), and I'm going to start the second quest soon.

I never did find the red ring though...I wonder if I missed a hidden stairway somehow.

You can find Maps to the world and Dungens at GameFAQ of all hidden away stuff but ya mostlikele known that just say in case ya dont.

Anyway I won at Doom 3 last boss was sad and I went found the id secret wall too.

I thinking if I should get the Resurrection of Evil or not mostlikele after price drops but not now lot good games get at the time :) .

Well, you have arrived. You have set foot into the toughest dungeon that

the First Quest has to offer. You will meet new enemies as well as tough

enemies from past dungeons. If you are ready, walk forward to meet your

destiny.

Stepping through the door above will cause the Old Man guarding the entrance

to allow Link to pass through the previously barricaded doors. Go through

the door above Link (not the one on the left) to enter a room with Zols,

Like Likes, and Bubbles. Kill the enemies off and Bomb the left wall to

find a passage to a room with a staircase guarded by two Lanmolas (use your

Magical Wand to kill them from long distance), and then push the left-most

block of the diamond formation to gain access to the stairs.

After emerging from the stairway passageway, Link is in coordinate room B5,

which has some Like Likes around to attack Link. Now Link will be taking a

side trip to get an Item. Go right through the locked door to run through a

darkened Blue Wizzrobe infested room to go through the right door. This

room will contain the first Patra you will see, but for now you do not need

to tangle with it, so run through the bottom door. Fight the Gels off as

you Bomb the right wall to pass through the resulting hole to fight off the

Patra to win the Map.

Now Bomb the north wall to open a hole to the next room where Like Likes,

Red Wizzrobes, Blue Wizzrobes, and Bubbles attack Link as he tries to Bomb

through the north wall. Once Link has passed through the gaping hole in the

wall (at this point the whole north-east quadrant of Level Nine should

collapse from all the holes you have made) to face some Red Wizzrobes, Blue

Wizzrobes, and Bubbles, which you should kill so you can push the left-most

block of the diamond formation to gain access to the stairs. These stairs

lead down to a cramped compartment where four Keeses guard the Red Ring!

This Ring will reduce the damage you take in half (if you have Blue Ring) or

by one quarter (if you are Ringless before hand).

;) Taken straight from a FAQ at Gamefaqs.com. This should help you find the elusive Red Ring.

Roll must roll make star ROLL YOU UP MAKE STAR OUT OF YOU.

Songs rule head roll up song make singing star ROLL.

"We Love Katamari" has enter my home as I havent play the 1st one this is my 1st time playing it.

nothing elses really new got a bit in to Lunar DS also I yet say anything about it but Makai Kingdom rocks and its fresh add to strategy rpgs and the story is funny as hell.

Guest Plattym3

OK, I'm about 32 hours into Kingdom Hearts now and I have a save in the 2nd to last place you can save. I'm trying to finish the Hades Cup with only Sora and I'm trying to find the stupid Dalmations I might have missed along the way. I'm still missing 4 groups of Dalmations. Need to level up a level or two each day of mindless battles, but I'll have this game beat in a week or two, in plenty enough time for DQVIII.

Replayed RE:outbreak 1 & 2 for some Online fun not that anything great.

Going on with my Makai Kingdom: Chronicles of the Sacred Tome game and end the day with some "Rolling" of "Towns" and "Human life" in a game that most known of..... :biggrin:

I've picked up Dragon Warrior 7 again, to get in the mood for the DQVIII mania that will be sweeping everyone in two weeks. I just turned the mechs into scrap metal, so I'm preparing for my next grand adventure into the past. :)