What are you currently playing?

Guest Plattym3

I'm thinking he's refering to Lufia: The Legend Returns for the GameBoy Color? I know Lufia: The Ruins of Lore is for the GBA. I never cared for any of these Lufia games, though, although I know some people like them. Just didn't have the feel that the older Lufia games had, in my opinion.

I preferred Lufia: The Fortress of Doom and Lufia II: The Rise of the Sinistrals, both for the SNES (got both in ROM form). Found these games to be excellent. Rate Lufia II an easy 9/10 and Lufia: TFoD an 7/10. In my opinion easily compete with the FF games for the SNES, it's a shame they were overshadowed though...

For some info revolving around the world of Lufia, here's a good site, that is mostly spoiler free: Lufia World

Edited by Thorr
  • Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Games i'm in the middle of playing are Zelda Ocarina, DW 3 GBC, Resident Evil2 and Master of Orion. But the game i'm most into is Darklands, I've got many many hours invested in it. I guess it is now available for download here along with a review. Anyone who gives it a chance will see what an amazing game it is.

Home of the Underdogs - Darklands - Microprose.

How long is G Xtreme? I have it, and played some of it, but stopped because it's really battle intensive.

Edit: Yeah I know you said 44 hours, but appx how many of those dungeons are there?

Edited by ZakuSage

I'm beating DWM for my 25th time...

Edit: Yes, I have kept count. That number might be slightly off, but I'm almost positive this is the big 25.

Edited by Chaos

As of right now I'm currently playing/making an RPG using RPG Maker XP. Started on it a few days ago. So far everything is going well, hope to have steady progress on it for the next several months+ depending on how long it takes to complete it. Thats pretty much what I've been focusing my "game time" on now.

Guest Plattym3
How long is G Xtreme? I have it, and played some of it, but stopped because it's really battle intensive.

Edit: Yeah I know you said 44 hours, but appx how many of those dungeons are there?

The number of dungeons in the game is less than 10 I'd say. They just take a long time to do each one 3-4 hours each. (There are no 100 level dungeons - just the Bonus, most are 3-5 levels each) And that doesn't count leveling up or changing party members and having to level them up or get gold for them. The game is fun, but very battle intensive. I'm going to make a big push down the 100 level bonus dungeon today, but I'm going to put the battles on auto now that I have some great equipment and read a book at the same time!

You could probably wiz through Grandia Xtreme in 30-35 hours doing just fine. I found the boss battles easier than the strategy guide suggested they'd be, but then I think my party members were better than the ones in the screenshots.

Edited by Plattym3

Hmm.... well maybe I'll finish Half-Life, MGS3 a 3rd time, a larger chunk of Phantom Brave, and a few odd levels left of Dynasty Warriors 4: Xtreme Legends before I attempt that... :S

Guest Plattym3

I tried starting Dark Cloud today. Very frustrating. The damn weapons run out of strength before I can get very far. Also, I'm getting poisoned an incredible rates, killing me since I just started the game. There's no where to buy anything yet. Pretty frustrating, but I'll put in 5-10 hours before giving it up.

I tried starting Dark Cloud today.  Very frustrating.  The damn weapons run out of strength before I can get very far.  Also, I'm getting poisoned an incredible rates, killing me since I just started the game.  There's no where to buy anything yet.  Pretty frustrating, but I'll put in 5-10 hours before giving it up.

Yeah, Dark Cloud was O.K. at best, Dark Cloud 2 was miles better, and one of my favorite games for the PS2, everything that was lacking in Dark Cloud was fixed in the second one (or added), and everything that worked in the original Dark Cloud was improved upon for the second one. Durability (weapon str) got a BIG overhaul in the second one. To put in frankly, the second one was simply better. Glad I found my copy of Dark Cloud 2 for $24.99 brand new at my local Wal-Mart (I really hate Wal-Mart, and usually wouldn't shop here, but it was the only place with the game). Not to mention Dark Cloud 2, if you wanted to do pretty much everything in the game would take 125+ hours (regular game 70-90 hours, if you take your time).

Edited by Thorr
Guest Plattym3

OK, put in my 10 hours and I'm still going. Just about to get my 3rd character (big lug with the hammer). It's fun enough to play until Spring Break in late March. I'm getting into a new game that week. Gonna have to decide if it's LOTR: The 3rd Age (which I'm bidding on Ebay for) or Star Ocean 3. Any suggestions?

[EDIT] Geeze, almost 30 hours in 1 week. Real life is getting a little cloudy. I realized that Sunday alone I played for almost 7 hours in a 4 and 3 hour block. Played 4 hours this morning since I had off. It's like I'm cramming all those years of not having a PS2 into just a few months.

Edited by Plattym3
  • 2 weeks later...

I list my with out date and time and % but I say Am doing REvil one on PS about 90% done with it. And Playing Panzer Dragoon :)

Well I have a new system where I'm going to play 1 game exclusively for a week, then the next week play another game. I'm starting with Vagrant Story, and I'm about 6.5 hours in.

I'm currently playing Dragon Warrior 7, 97% done. I'm just mastering some classes and building up my characters to a higher level. I want to reach level 60 for everyone, then I would be ready to beat Orgodemir.

I've actually been playing DW I-III here lately; emulated since I don't have my NES at school with me. Kinda fun; I had forgotten how long DWII & III were.

;) I wish I had known that sooner, I could've got you to beta test my Walkthroughs that I made for Dragon Warrior I through III. Anyways here lately I have been playing the Sonic the Hedgehog games. Yes I know that these games aren't really rpgs but don't fret because I am going to play through the two Breath of Fire games I have on the Computer.

Just finished up a older game of "Beyond the Beyond" (for the PSOne, one of the first RPGs for the PSOne when it first came out), and that will probably be my last game I seriously play till the end of May, when I get summer vaction. Work and school for a last few weeks have been extremely stressful, so I won't be gaming near as much :(.

;) I wish I had known that sooner, I could've got you to beta test my Walkthroughs that I made for Dragon Warrior I through III..

There's pretty good walkthroughs right here on the site actually. I've had to refer back to them a couple of times just cause I got to certain points and couldn't remember what to do.

Right now I'm in the middle of Final Fantasy 7, and Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind, Game of the Year Edition. IMO, both decent games. Morrowind is crazy huge though. Really, deserving of game of the year awards.

Guest Plattym3

I just knocked off LOTR: The Third Age for the GBA. Didn't really like it, but it seemed short enough to beat while only playing sparingly for 2 weeks. I can now understand why I never liked FFT. I really don't like those tactial type games. I'm looking forward to getting the "real" LOTR: The Third Age for my PS2. That's a fun RPG from what I've heard. I'm looking for a good deal to come up on Ebay.

Guest Plattym3

Not really a fan of tactical combat games like that. They tend to piss me off more so when I do bad, more than I'm pissed at console RPGS. The only reason I played it was was at LOTR game that wasn't just hack & attack like Two Towers and Return of the King. I'm a big LOTR fan, having read the entire series of books I think 4 times now (3 times back in the early-mid 90s and once more 4 years ago when I heard the movies were getting made).

I ended up getting LOTR: The 3rd Age for PS2 today on Ebay. $25.50 for the game and the strategy guide. Not a bad deal at all.

DarkDragoon, how I envy you.