Sign in to follow this  
Guest Plattym3

What are you currently playing?

Lucked out on a copy of Castlevania: SON and I'm enjoying it now. Starting the reverse castle now.

I'm also playing Klass of 99, a fan remake of the old Spectrum game, Skool Daze. Anyone here remember that game on the C64?

Beat Atelier Iris: Eternal Mana, a few days back. Total time: 69 hours and 21 minutes.

Was AI:EM any good?

I enjoyed it immensely. In my opinion, the best PS2 RPG released this year so far.

Edited by Thorr

Pool of Radiance (NES port) probably have about 15 hours or so in right now.

Pool of Radiance (NES port)  probably have about 15 hours or so in right now.

Ahh, very good game! Probably one of my favorites of the AD&D world! And, long time no see, zcm. :D Glad to see you posting again. :biggrin:

Still on Tales Of Destiny.

Also Found some Old PSone RPGs Star Ocean:The Second Story and Grandia 1 :)

Guest Plattym3

Atticus, where'd you stumble across those 2 gems of games. My sister got them both for me for Christmas '03 and they're probably 2 of my favorite 3 PS1 games.

Star Ocean 2's one of my favourite games for the PS1 as well... can you tell? :P (If not, tell me once you've played through the game)

I'm currently going through Nocturne some more right now. I beat the Matador guy of ridiculousness, but now I'm having a bit of trouble with the next Candleabra guy, Dante. I get him hald down, I guess, and then he says something and goes "some gun attack I don't remember the name of" *boomboomboomboom!!* for a lot of damage, always scores a critical hit on one of my characters for some reason, and then proceeds to do it again on his second turn, and then attack my main character and kill him on the third. As a result, I have come to the conclusion that I am in the midst of two very difficult games at the moment (Nocturne and Xenogears [no further progress]), and am becoming frustrated.

Atticus, where'd you stumble across those 2 gems of games.  My sister got them both for me for Christmas '03 and they're probably 2 of my favorite 3 PS1 games.

Just at GameXChange I known all the staff so I got some 1st dibs on some stuff manger mostlikele dont care seeing as I spend lot there :gag: .

They tell me guy come by and drop lot rare stuff. An dabout 80% them had there Guides too got Grandias with the game was 2 for one deal. (Note never get Grandia Guide SUCKS BAD Doest list items monsters or INFO ABOUT BOSS Its More of a story book :grin: )

I was like OMG seeing them. I started Grandia I waiting for TofD to get done before geting to SO: 2end Story.

Star Ocean 2's one of my favourite games for the PS1 as well... can you tell? :P (If not, tell me once you've played through the game)

OR I could just find out :commando:

Leon Geeste:

------------o

A child science genius, magician and self confident whiz kid. Leon lives with

his parents in Lacour where you meet him. Leon joins your team when you

assist him on his mission to the Hoffman ruins.

Race: Fellpool

Sex: Male

Birthday: November 25th

Height: 4'5"

Weight: 79lb

Weapon: Book

Favourite Food: Carrot Juice

Favourite Instrument: Violin

Edited by Atticus

I'm currently at the end of Secret of Mana, really want to beat it soon so I can play the european version of Lufia 2 without the bugs.

I'm currently at the end of Secret of Mana, really want to beat it soon so I can play the european version of Lufia 2 without the bugs.

I remaber a bug in the Options that f*** up the story but ya could get you chars hop to 20 to lv99 and when ya went to a story part they chat then )*&^)$(LK$JLDF(* and Friz on ya. I did it by mistake and whated to known what the hell happen? Internet will help when ya need it :devil: .

The only real bug I ran in to unless its in that 100 Lv Dugen I hear the bottem has some bugs :P

Guest Plattym3

I haven't played anything in 2 weeks (1 week being on vacation, but still). I think I'm going to start playing Breath of Fire 2 on the GBA this week. Terraningma is fun, but I can't play it and watch video on my computer at the same time like I can with my gameboy and gameboy emulator. The SNES emulators take up too much computing power.

;) Are you talking about the Ancient Cave? I made it al the way to the 99th floor and I never encountered any bugs whatsoever. Same with the level building thing, that never occured either, if you are experiencing these bugs then you're probably using an older version of the Lufia 2 ROM.

;) Are you talking about the Ancient Cave? I made it al the way to the 99th floor and I never encountered any bugs whatsoever. Same with the level building thing, that never occured either, if you are experiencing these bugs then you're probably using an older version of the Lufia 2 ROM.

I'm playing the european ROM because I own the american cart. Bought it when it came out for 80 dollars. The really good SNES games became so expensive at the end...

Guest Plattym3

Foget Breath of Fire II for now, I found a new game. Playing an old NES game that is the most reminicent of any DWI-IV game I've ever played: Destiny of an Emperor.

Beat Deathtamoor in DQ6 at long last. I did not enjoy DQ6 as much overall as the others. I'm going for Dragon Warrior 7 once I'm done with the games I'm currently playing.

I love Grandia 2, it's easily got one of the best battle systems I've ever played. I'm nearing the end of the game. I'm at Valmar's Moon. I love this game. I can't wait for Grandia 3.

Guest Plattym3

Finally, another Grandia fan! Played all 3 released games in the past year and loved them more than anything else I've played recently. Any news about Grandia III coming to the US? Apparently it's being relased in Japan this month. I posted a topic in the RPG section a few months ago about Grandia, but no one bothered to reply. :(

Finally, another Grandia fan!  Played all 3 released games in the past year and loved them more than anything else I've played recently.  Any news about Grandia III coming to the US?  Apparently it's being relased in Japan this month.  I posted a topic in the RPG section a few months ago about Grandia, but no one bothered to reply.  :(

Big fan of Grandia I and II here. I'm pretty sure III was announced as coming here, though I can't say when.

Finally, another Grandia fan!  Played all 3 released games in the past year and loved them more than anything else I've played recently.  Any news about Grandia III coming to the US?  Apparently it's being relased in Japan this month.  I posted a topic in the RPG section a few months ago about Grandia, but no one bothered to reply.  :(

There hasn't been any news regarding Grandia III's localization. Like you, and other people at the Den, I hope that changes, real quick.

I'm a big Grandia fan myself, in fact, I just ordered the original off of amazon two days ago. I also have the PS2 and PC versions of Grandia 2, and I also have Xtreme. Easily my favorite battle system of all time.

I am currently playing Fable, and I can beat the thing if I choose, but I want to do all the side quests first.

Still on Tales Of Destiny.

Also Found some Old PSone RPGs Star Ocean:The Second Story and Grandia 1 :)

Tales of Destiny 2 (PS1 version) I think is better. But it's tougher to find.

Grandia 1 is still, in my opinion, the best Grandia of the series and Grandia 1 is quite possibly the best RPG on the PS1, and that's even knowing it's inferior to the Saturn version! A great mix of play and story. Most RPGs either get too wrapped up in story (Final Fantasy) or fighting (any number of b-list PS1 RPGs--Legend of Dragoon, Saga Frontier 2, etc)

I'm playing Star Ocean 2 now and it's keeping my attention by its sheer gameplay value. Story's not great shakes but it's not horrible.

What do you mean by "finally"? I've been a Grandia fan for more then 3 years now, since I bought Grandia 1 (which is my second favorite game, behind MGS3).

I've been playing a wee bit more of my second play of Star Ocean 3, about 3 hours of Vagrat Story (but I started again), I'm on the way to New Parm in Grandia (3rd playthrough), I got every last thing in Soul Calibur 2 a few days ago, I just started and am a little more then half done Prince of Persia, I played a few hours of Beyond Good and Evil, and I also played a few hours of Gauntlet: Dark Legacy with 3 friends. This was all in the last 3 or 4 days. >.<

Well, right now I'm playing Lufia 2, and both Atelier Iris and Riviera just came in the mail. Dragon Warrior Monsters 2 is on the way.

My copy of Grandia arrived today :)

I just finished the Sult Ruins and am now building up my weapon skills, and getting ready to go and see Java.

My copy of Grandia arrived today :)

I just finished the Sult Ruins and am now building up my weapon skills, and getting ready to go and see Java.

Nice. You just got about 79 hours to go now. Seriously. This game is like the second longest PS1 RPG after DQ7! :laugh: