Sign in to follow this  
Guest Plattym3

What are you currently playing?

I picked up Harvest Moon: A Wonderful Life today. It's decent so far. I'm still going around milking my cow and raising some tomato and watermelon seeds. I don't like having to eat, since all I have to eat is milk right now, so I'm chugging two things of milk a day to stay energized. It should get much easier once I get some veggies and find a decent place to catch fish :)

I still prefer the SNES one.

I am 25-30ish hours into Shadow Hearts: Covenant, and I'm loving it:). I'm on the second disc, doing a bunch of sidequests.

I've actually picked up DQ5 again and I'm finally almost ready to bbattle against Esturk again. I'm using Hero, Son, and a Slime Knight. I've got all the best equipment money can buy, but I'm now saving up for Staffs of Revial for both the Hero and my Slime Knight. Out of curiosity, before I invest 96,000 gold, do they cast Vivify or Revive?

Guest Plattym3

Love the new pic in the sig. Askman. It has aroused my curiosity.

Love the new pic in the sig. Askman.  It has aroused my curiosity.

Yep, you've gotta love the word choices the translators use :)

Guest Plattym3

OK, I've had my curiosity "aroused" enough to give Terranigma a chance. I've played for about 3 hours so far today and have just started Chapter 2. It's a fun little game. It reminds me of a Zelda 1/Torneko type game in terms of gameplay, and it almost looks like Chrono Trigger, but then again, that was the last SNES game I played, so maybe it's just the SNES graphics I'm thinking of.

Playing DWIII and Atelier Iris: Eternal Mana.

So far in DWIII, I just trashed Kandar for the first time, to get the crown back.

I'm currently taking a break from Atelier Iris, as I've put in nearly 8 hours alone today, from when I got it (12PM MST, played it till 7PM-ish MST). It, might possibly be, my favorite PS2 so far yet that I've played. I really enjoy it. I literally had to stop playing it, hehe. There have been only 3 other games that have made me play straight 8 hours or more than 8 hours in a single day, those are: Suikoden II, Final Fantasy Tactics and Xenogears. Really, really, fun game!

Probably go back to DWIII sometime tonight.

Guest Plattym3

What game would you compare the battles in Atelier Iris: Eternal Mana to? Is it a FPS or Action style (Zelda) game? Is it turn-based? ...

What game would you compare the battles in Atelier Iris: Eternal Mana to?  Is it a FPS or Action style (Zelda) game?  Is it turn-based?  ...

Hmm, I'd say it's a mixture of Star Ocean 2 (creating items, etc.), and possibly either Grandia or Lunar games, how it's a High-res 2D game (well, 2D like Lunar, some gameplay like Grandia, also the graphics could be debated of 2D like Suikoden). It's also turn-based, not real-time like the Star Ocean games. It has a bit of humor in it, but the storyline is pretty serious, but not dark (like some of the Final Fantasies), or lenghy (Xenosaga/Xenogears). It actually reminds of RPGs of the past. Like FFVI, older SNES Dragon Quest/Warriors. Also, one can debate it's sorta like the Lufia games.

You also get skill points when you level up, that you can use in set skills all the characters have (atleast the one's I got now). The creating items system is pretty darn fun, I especially like it ALOT more than Star Ocean 3's.

It's a marvelous game so far, and I'm definitely glad I got it.

Hmm, I'd say it's a mixture of Star Ocean 2 (creating items, etc.), and possibly either Grandia or Lunar games, how it's a High-res 2D game (well, 2D like Lunar, some gameplay like Grandia, also the graphics could be debated of 2D like Suikoden). It's also turn-based, not real-time like the Star Ocean games. It has a bit of humor in it, but the storyline is pretty serious, but not dark (like some of the Final Fantasies), or lenghy (Xenosaga/Xenogears). It actually reminds of RPGs of the past. Like FFVI, older SNES Dragon Quest/Warriors. Also, one can debate it's sorta like the Lufia games.

You also get skill points when you level up, that you can use in set skills all the characters have (atleast the one's I got now). The creating items system is pretty darn fun, I especially like it ALOT more than Star Ocean 3's.

It's a marvelous game so far, and I'm definitely glad I got it.

Interesting.....I'm planning on renting this game.

Guest Plattym3

Sounds good. I finally just gave up on SO3's item creation because I was sitting around for literally hours trying to just invent one thing. It had such a poor sucess rate! Sounds like a fun game. I do have some free passes to rent games at Hollywood Video. Maybe I'll give this a try.

Just got to the 2nd disc of DWVII where God plunges all the continents into darkness. Been kinda slow progressing in the game as I have been busy with stuff and been job skill whoring and monster taming in the game. Almost got the Hero and Gabo to master all human classes and the rest of the characters especially Aira have a ways to go.

Guest Plattym3

OK, went back to my parents' place for a few days, so couldn't play Terranigma. But, while I was there, my wife got interested in Mario again, so went to EBgames, got her (yeah, like she's the main user) a Gameboy Advance SP and some Mario game. Then I had brought Golden Sun: The Lost Age along with me, so played that for about 4-5 hours in the past few days. I have it in my sig., but I hadn't played it since April. I'm going to try and finsh that and Terranigma up this month. Beat a lot of big games last month, this month I'll slow down and play some old-school type games.

Atelier Iris: Eternal Mana

Pretty fun game, i must say. Some of the shop keepers seem to have better development than some of the characters. I like the english voice acting. The voices for Norn, Delsus, and Arlin are great. Klein and Lita are annoting sometimes. The voice of lita sounds like the girl from the .hack games. The guy who does Delsus seems to be the same guy who voiced Albel in SO3 and Albedo in Xenosaga.

The battles are fun, with being able to create items on the sopt if needed. The item creation in shops is nice. Whenever you create a new item there is some funny dialog between the characters as they either try it out or taste it.

The dialog itself is also quite humorous. I love the crack they take against the ESRB. :P

The graphics are great. Makes you feel like you're back in the old days of SNES RPGs. The music is also great. My favorite song so far is the music heard in Poto's Forest.

I haven't played DWM in a while. I've been playing Secret of Mana lately (I'm in Elinee's Castle; I just finished powering up all my weapons to their current maximum strength for all 3 characters; it's now just a matter of gaining some more levels before challenging Spiky Tiger, the boss in this area), and, of course, PhantasyRPG (I'm at level 21 as of this post).

I've been playing some Katamari Damacy lately. Boy is the game fun. Its different from all other games I've played. I love rolling people up into my katamari.

Wow! Over the last few weeks, I've beaten Xenosaga 2... which had an ending MADE for my liking...

And I've got really far on Disgaea... and am now on the Final Episode. The music to the worlds are all really amazing, although I'm having trouble with the evil stage that has "No Entry" geo symbols that give you a one-panel-wide path that winds around and around... and I'm stuck there. My people are around level 45, and are feeling far outmatched by the evil angels of doom.

I started playing Nocturne (the actual title I can't remember - like "Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne" or something) and am stuck at the ridicuboss "Matador", the evil skeleton guy who goes "AttackattackDEAD"... and I'm just like :butbut: !

It's... bizarre so far. There's no story. And the main character is certainly the main character without parallel. But what can you do...?

Guest Plattym3
I've been playing some Katamari Damacy lately. Boy is the game fun. Its different from all other games I've played. I love rolling people up into my katamari.

That's the game with the big ball that rolls around with stuff sticking to it correct (trees, benches, people, cars, etc.). If so, there was an article in Discover Magazine a couple of months ago about how video games (well, some) help develop certain skills and/or parts of brain. They listed some of the best games to give your brain a workout and 2 of them were The Sims and Katamari Damacy.

OH, I'm 11 hours into Golden Sun: The Lost Age now. Spent an hour looking for a stupid Djinni only to realize I'd gotten ahead of myself and picked it up a long time ago (before my 2 month haiatus from the game). On my way to finally get my 4th party member.

Atelier Iris: Eternal Mana. Currently got 34 hours clocked into it. Still holding strong. Extremely fun game!

DWIV: Almost too chapter 5. Started it EARLY July 5th, around 1AM, 15 minutes after I beat DWIII.

In DQ6 right now I'm training Pierre the Slime Knight to compete in the Slime Arena. I have him training in Fighter and then a Priest so he can become a Paladin. I also have Andrew one job level away from becoming a Ranger :)

;) I have resumed Star Ocean after a minor hiatus of not playing due to work on Demon Wars II. I am currently revisiting Parj Temple and I'm in the inner sanctum of it and building my characters up in levels and skills.

I started another game recently, and also finsished it. The game is called Famicom Detective Club Part II, and a game that you all should "play". I think a translation was worked on by Demiforce and Tomato (he is a guy at another website I know). I'll get a link to the patch if you want. Oh and remember to check if your ROM is version 1.0 or 1.1, and for those who have 1.1, you need a 1.0 ROM for the patch to work.

Edited by StarMan Super

Spiky Tiger's history. Boy was he ever annoying, though. Here are his attacks:

1. Leaping up in the air, and trying to land on you, knocking you unconscious if successful.

2. Biting anyone that gets too close, paralyzing that character for a few seconds.

3. Turning into a ball and bouncing around like a crazed pinball with spikes - this attack also knocks you unconscious.

4. (only when he's on the upper level) Using an attack called Fire Breath which engulfs the affected character, causing them to slowly lose health and rendering them unable to do anything until the flames subside.

5. (only when he's on the upper level) Casting the spell Blaze Wall, which does exactly the same thing as Fire Breath, only it inflicts damage on the victim before engulfing them.

When he's on the upper level, only ranged weapons, such as bows and arrows, can hurt him. What makes it even worse is that you don't yet have magic.

Now, I'm off to the Pandora Ruins to face another boss called Evil Wall. Evil Wall is easy if you have enough MP, have powered up your magic fully, know what to target, and know what spell it's especially weak against. I have everything I need except MP, so I'm powering up on the monsters in the Ruins to get there.

Won at Tales of Phantasia parden me if I seem a bit sad :( its a sading wish they showed just bit more too but dont mean sad as the game bad sad as in good game story.

NAMCO SEND US THIS GAME!!!!!

Well I be moveing to Tales of Destiny that I got a few days ago.

My the power of the Hevens get Namco to send it :)

Play it if ya havent ya poor things too.